Interesting map

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting map

Two huge continents, only one large island.
    All the cole on my continent (originally 3 civs, now 2), all the oil on the other (5 civs).

How common is this? such things make the game more challenging and interesting - commerece and war-for-luxuries is more common and important.

screenshot?

I assume you mean coal, not cole

Comment

That precious slaw resource is what the game's all about, Diss.
      Solomwi is very wise. - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I think that resource is located in the south!
        Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
          must be why I can't win on Diety.

Comment

Originally posted by Solomwi
            Sorry, since I finished my English tests I've been forgetting this useless language . . .

Comment

Originally posted by SIV

Sorry, since I finished my English tests I've been forgetting this useless language . . .

I think you can fairly say it is not an easy one and has many crazy aspects, but useless it is not. It is the main bridge language nowadays, for better or for worse.

Comment

To answer the question:

I would say that it's not very common to have the extreme situation you have (all coal on one continent, all oil on the other), but resource distribution in Conquests is definitely quirkier than it was in original CivIII or PTW.

I have encountered similar situations myself. I can recall being close to a domination victory, holding something like 60% of the land in the world, and lacking oil. I had plenty of plains, deserts, and even some tundra... but no oil. I ended up getting some (there was, in fact, exactly one source on my continent - which started out with 4 or 5 civs on it).

So yeah, you will run into stuff like this, but not every game.

-Arrian
                grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                X