Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)
    Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)
    Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)

Fractional Points: Yes

Negative Points: Yes
    --------------------------------------------------

Looks good to me, I'll give those settings a

Comment

Maybe I'm not remembering this too well, but I thought we had 2 RB and 3 WR with a TE last year. I know FFZ had 2 RB, 2 WR, a TE and a WR/RB position. Shall we consider a WR/RB in addition to the standard 2 RB, 2 WR, and TE? I know that gives us 1 more scoring position than you'd find on the field but what the hell...
      Seems like both leagues had an extra position last year...

Comment

Yeah, but I realized something. 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 TE (with 1 QB, of course) results in 12 players on the field . There has to be 5 OL in a real NFL game, and I wanted it get as close to a real Pro-Style with positions. This ain't the Canadian league .

Though I guess we could have 1 QB, 1 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 WR/TE.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Lol, no offense, but might as well go with 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 1 RB/WR. If there is a discrepancy in weight we've given the positions, creating more variablility would end up letting people take advantage of that. For example, if WR's are too valuable and someone can mathematically figure that out they can go with 4 WR's while the rest of us are screwing around with the more standard 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE and an extra RB or WR...

I think the 1 pt per 10 rushing yards will ensure RB's have plenty of value compared to WR's but why let people opt out of TE's? Oh well, I'd rather go with 2 RB, 2WR and a TE than eliminate the requirement for a TE. But I'd also rather go with 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE and 1 WR/RB

Comment

Or we can go with what we had last year, 2 RB, 3 WR, and a TE. That seemed to work out okay and it'll make sure no one can field 3 RB's in case we've over-valued them... Or we can go with what you have set up already. Just wanted to call your attention to the change from last year in case that was unintentional and see what others preferred...

Comment

I prefer TE over WR/TE. A swing position in the starting lineup de-levels the playing field.

Assuming we have a legit TE, seems like the question is really 2-ea. RB/WR vs. 3 WR - 1 RB.

I'm a traditionalist, but today's reality is that 1-back sets are more common. The downside of a single RB, though, is that there aren't that many true "load" backs anymore -- more RB by committee except for the few teams with All Pros at the position.

As the new guy, that's tough for me to gauge... As long as we keep the TE, I'll be happy.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I like Imran's suggestion. 6 eligbles only!

Comment

Kalius, you mean 6 scorers (aside from K of course)? QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE?

Either way will work 4 me

Comment

Berz: Yes.

Comment

• Bumping for my own convenience

Oh no wait, I do have a question...

Exactly how does the draft work? If we're doing this Monday (during work hours), I need to know things like:

--draft order (presuming alternate-reverse order rounds?)
                      --time limit before BAPAY
                      --whether bench is position-specific or as-you-wish
                      --(obviously) confirmation of team confirmation per discussion above

I've got a large dose of RL happening now, and time grows short -- so a specific post from the commish would be appreciated.
                      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• just asking that question means all your picks will be BAPAY

Comment

• Originally posted by -Jrabbit
                          Exactly how does the draft work?
                          We draft throughout the day, i.e. the draft clock keeps ticking.

If we're doing this Monday (during work hours), I need to know things like:

--draft order (presuming alternate-reverse order rounds?)

I've got a large dose of RL happening now, and time grows short -- so a specific post from the commish would be appreciated.

1) Draft will be determined at random, and will snake.
                          2) Normally, twenty-four hours.
                          3) Free choice.
                          4) What do you mean?

If you're of missing a round/pick, send in a list.`

Comment

• --draft order (presuming alternate-reverse order rounds?)

We should be getting to that. Kalius is suggesting his random function on his calculator. I have done the names in a bag pulled out at random before. Any other suggestions? We can put two levels in... one person can assign numbers at random to each team and then give Kalius just those numbers and then Kalius posts the numbers and then the other person gives what teams they correspond to (of course that person will send which teams = which numbers to me beforehand ).

24 hours

As-you-wish

I think I'll go for a tradtional PRO offense:

QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, TE

I guess people aren't too fond of having a swing position giving the option to play 3 WR with 1 RB.

And we'll start something on Monday. Whether it is setting the draft order or what.
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• what about kickers and defense?

Comment

• 1 K
                                1 Team D

Comment

Working...
                                X