No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalius is suggesting his random function on his calculator. I have done the names in a bag pulled out at random before. Any other suggestions? We can put two levels in... one person can assign numbers at random to each team and then give Kalius just those numbers and then Kalius posts the numbers and then the other person gives what teams they correspond to (of course that person will send which teams = which numbers to me beforehand ).
    If you want I can just use the order teams appear to me on the Yahoo! page?

Comment

• Sorry Imram -- I was in fact referring to team composition, as you surmised.

Traditional NFL 2-RB, 2-WR 1-TE, 1-QB, plus a kick, a team defense, and 6 bench players of whatever denomination I damned well feel like.

I'm feeling reasonably well-informed -- except for the draft order. Thanx!
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• If you want I can just use the order teams appear to me on the Yahoo! page?

Well I was suggesting a second layer of secrecy in case some idiots think that the process wouldn't be fair.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• Well I was suggesting a second layer of secrecy in case some idiots think that the process wouldn't be fair.
          It really doesn't matter what number the team is, so long as it has a number. The number is just a substitute for a name

Comment

• As long as I am pick #1, I don't care about the order!

I have no preference in order, and I will go with whatever is decided

Comment

• Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              If you want I can just use the order teams appear to me on the Yahoo! page?

Well I was suggesting a second layer of secrecy in case some idiots think that the process wouldn't be fair.
              HEY!!!!

I had the last pick in the first round last year, so I must be the idiot you refer to.

However, having 2 picks back to back was nice, so I won't complain (much) if I am last again.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

• Don't matter to me, I'll beat you all anyway... I feel that I'm fine as long as I don't get stuck with any players from the Bears
                Monkey!!!

Comment

• I had the last pick in the first round last year, so I must be the idiot you refer to

No, I was actually refering to someone who isn't in the league this year .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

• Go to the Yahoo site, where the teams are listed in this order:

- Billy's Boingers (Tuberski)
                    - Sarlat (Kalius)
                    - Cute Little Bunnies (-Jrabbit)
                    - Flippin' Monkey Men (Japher)
                    - Vegas Skullsmashers (Dissident)
                    - Berzerkers (Berzerker)
                    - Dallas Dwarf Tossers (SlowwHand)
                    - Kyrandia Dragonhawks (reismark)
                    - Ramsey's Razorbacks (gjramsey)
                    - Fighting Emus (Jac de Molay)
                    - Amsterdam Afros (Zopperoni)
                    - Georgia Gliders (Imram Siddiqui)

Have two people generate random number lists (1-12). Preferably, Poly people who don't participate in the league.

Use the first number list to (randomly) re-order this list 1-12.
                    Use the 2nd number list to assign the draft order. to that re-ordered list.

Obviously, this can be done in a single iteration. The 2nd randomization would be used to minimize people declaring it fixed.

As for me, I don't really care where I pick, as long as I know a couple days in advance so I can feel prepared.

If we're really starting Monday, we need to get it together.

(A list of Poly names alongside team names would also be nice. I made a start, above.)
                    Last edited by -Jrabbit; July 18, 2004, 22:58.
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• I am the Kyrandia Dragonhawks.
                      CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                      Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                      Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                      Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

• I'm the Flippin' Monkey Men

Imagine, I came up with that right on the spot!!!

Monkey!!!
                        Monkey!!!

Comment

• If we're really starting Monday, we need to get it together.

Well we're starting the draft ordering. I think we'll make the first pick start at 12:01 AM on Tuesday. I also think I got a person to help with the reordering of numbers (1st person). Kalius can do a simple the randomize from the numbers 1-12. Just PM the randomization to someone else in the league (any volunteers who'll be around most of Monday)? And I'll PM the random list I get (which will say which team = which number).

Then the one who is PMed can post both lists and the final draft order.

Comment

• You can PM the rando lists to me if you like.

Kalius' will re-order the list from the post above.
                            Imram's will assign 1st-round draft order to the resulting list.

I typically have a Poly window open from 7am - 5pm every weekday. Weekends are spotty (dialup) but I'll check PMs so we can get this posted earlier if possible.

Ready, set -- RANDOMIZE!!

Comment

• Ok... to be clear Kalius should send you a list with numbers, ie:

1. 8
                              2. 12
                              3. 4

I'll send you a list with names to numbers, ie:

8. XXXX
                              9. ZZZ
                              12. YYYY

Combining them together results in the draft order:

1. XXXX
                              2. YYYYY
                              etc.

Comment

• "Vegas Skullsmashers "

I would guess that is Dissident
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X