No announcement yet.

Apolyton Fantasy Football!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's going to be a big deal I'll go first...
    Monkey!!!

Comment

We can either go with 1/4 pt per rush or 1 pt per 10 yds rushing, I think the latter is better. As someone pointed out, 15 rushes with 10 yds shouldn't be worth 7.5 or even 3.75, it should be worth a ride on the bench

Let's put some suggestions into actual game stats to see if we're asking for trouble:

QB 18-30 1 TD, 1 int, 230 yds =
      18pts + 6 - 2 + 4.6 = 26.6

RB 22 rushes for 100 yds, 1 TD, 2 rec for 20 yds =
      10 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 19

WR 4 rec for 80 yds, 1 TD = 4 + 6 + 4 = 14

That's with passing 1pt per 50 yds pro-rated, 1pt per 20 yds rec, and 1pt per 10 yds rushing and 1pt per completion and reception.

I think that looks like good balance, some recievers get like 8 catches and 120 yds with multiple TD's and that puts them way up there with an average QB week.

I also think return yds should be 1pt per 20 yds, this makes some of the weaker recievers who run back kicks and punts worth attention. Otherwise it'll be a mad rush for the handful of elite WR's.

Imran -
      I'm against individual defensive players. Defensive players individually is very touch-and-go. Since they don't have the ball in their hands, its very spotty what they'll do. You can be relatively sure that a QB or RB or WR will do good or bad against a certain D. However, you have no clue how an individual defender will do.

Last year was the first time I played with Defensive teams, and I LOVED it! I would consider going to back to individual players to be a step back. HUGE step back.
      Defensive players don't need to touch the ball, they'll be touching the guys who do touch the ball. I don't understand that argument. The tendency is to take LB's since they get most of the tackles but DB's who get both tackles and INT's also come into play, especially if they do some kick returning. The line isn't as important but guys who get plenty of sacks are valuable.

What would a league be without us disagreeing on something. Vote on it?

INT's worth 3 pts?
      Fumbles -1
      Fumbles lost -2
      Fumble rec +3

Comment

Anyway, defensive players instead of team defense broadens the game. I didn't care for a bunch of people all rushing to get the 8-10 decent defenses. So, if we do vote on it I'll vote for individual defensive players. If we followed your logic, why not just eliminate individual offensive players and have team offenses too

Comment

I'm fine either way on team defense or individual. Team defense just seems easier.

I say this because I picked Tampa Bay Defense last year, and they didn't do much for me.

Invidual players are hit or miss. There's little use on drafting them early. Some defensive players have like one good year and then taper off (michael strahan ). Often I just pick up defensive guys off the waivers. It is very difficult to draft a top notch defensive guy who can consistantly put up good numbers.

Comment

Or perhaps a team defense AND a solitary defensive player?

Comment

I say this because I picked Tampa Bay Defense last year, and they didn't do much for me.
              I assure you, that will not be happening again.

*collective groans from the rest of the room*

That's right... WE'RE COMING BACK, BABY!
              CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
              Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
              Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
              Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Well Diss, doesn't sound like you've played in a league with individual def players. Just get yourself a couple MLBs like Keith Brooking and you'll get a consistent 10 tackles a week from each Last year at FFZ Ming got a DB for Chicago who ran back kick offs and got him some really nice points during the season.

So far we have 1 vote for 3 defenders and 1 vote against with Diss not caring.

Speak up people or forever hold your peace... If we're roughly divided we'll go Imran's way since I'm not really that passionate about this. I care more about 1 pt per 20 yds for returns...

Comment

Reis, do you want team defense or individual defenders?

Comment

I don't really care either. Given the choice, I'd lean slightly more towards individual defense, but it's all good.

Comment

I care more about 1 pt per 20 yds for returns...

Make you a deal. Team Defense for Return points . I really don't like individual . Team Defense is the one thing I'm REALLY passionate about, above all other stats in the game.

QB 18-30 1 TD, 1 int, 230 yds =
                      18pts + 6 - 2 + 4.6 = 26.6

If you add in the 0.5 penalty for incomplete passes it equals 20.6 points, which brings it more in line with the others, but just a little bit higher (a straight 1 for 1 completion to incomplete would make it around 14.6).
                      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That's fine with me...

As for the 1 or 0.5 penalty for incomplete passes, I wouldn't mind a 1/2 point too much but a full point would be pretty severe. That's 0 points for going 10-20. And with 1 pt per 50 pass yds, a QB with no TD's could still have a decent day and not get squat in points.

QB 250 yds, 16-32, no TDs = 5 pts if an inc = -1
                        with an inc = -0.5 that would be 13 pts

WR 4 rec, 60 yds, no TDs =7 pts
                        WR 4 rec, 60 yds, 1 TD = 13 pts

That still seems weighted a bit too much toward the WR

QB 250 yds, 16-32 = 13 pts
                        WR 60 yds, 4 rec, 1 TD = 13 pts

Recievers aren't penalised for dropping balls so why penalise QB's, especially when the incomplete pass could have been a dropped ball? On the other hand, we had some pretty big tallies by QB's last year at FFZ, like 60 points for 1 game. So maybe a 1/2 point penalty would bring the passing game down more in line with the rest of the offense.

Comment

Tried to join this morning but.....the league is full!!!

Comment

Uh oh, a second league with 3 defenders? Don't go away Sloth, methinks we'll have 2 poly leagues...

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth
                              Tried to join this morning but.....the league is full!!!
                              Same here. Apparently Imran overbooked... I thought he worked for the government, not the airlines.
                              "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                              "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                              "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Recievers aren't penalised for dropping balls so why penalise QB's, especially when the incomplete pass could have been a dropped ball?

But we are giving the QB credit for his recievers making great plays and making the catch, so there should be an offset. A QB who goes 30 for 70 shouldn't just get 30 points. The 40 incompletes should factor in and bring the score in line.

--

Oh, and I didn't 'overbook'. I just gave out the invites to whoever asked me for them and the first 12 to sign up were in. Berz has set up another league.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X