6.1th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 5 July - 5 September 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6.1th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 5 July - 5 September 2004

Due to techinical errors with the 6.28.2004 playtest a new game using the 1.11 patch has been started as a replacement game

This game uses the Goodmod for Apolyton Pack V2.0! with the 1.11 official patch. Its emphasis is the extremes in terrain of desert and ice, and there is going to be lots of land to help the AI out. Diversity is going to be increased from the previous game to 80% to increase variation.

Since its been a long time since the last game I though I would reveiw what the tournament game is:

Apolyton CtP2 Tournaments are a feature in which every so often a new game will be started, saved in the very first turn and placed it on this site. Then everyone can download this (zipped) savegame and play it. When you've done this and you've finished your game, submit the final savegame to us and a ranking of everyone who has participated will be made. There will be two winners for every victory type (Conquest, Diplomacy, Science, etc): one for the highest score and one for the earliest year in which the victory was achieved. You can compare your score with other people's and see how good you are. You are very much encouraged to discuss your progress and share your experiences with other players in the forums. You can discuss strategies and use tips and tricks of other players to improve your own game. It's a very casual contest, the discussion is just as important as the contest.
    Good luck to All! Installation and game information is listed below.
    You have until September the 5th to post your saved game. I have make no modifications to the map and will be participating in the tournament.

Installation

Theme: Hot and Cold
    Mod: GoodMod1 for Apolyton Pack 2
    Level: Hard
    Size: Gigantic Map
    Barbarians: Raiders
    Ocean-Land: 80%
    Island-Continent: 60%
    Wet-Dry: 100%
    Warm-Cold: 100%
    Uniform-Diverse: 80%
    Few Goods-Many Goods: 30%
    World shape: Doughnut
    Bloodlust: Off
    Pollution: On
    Civilization: Egyptians
    Opponents: 7 (Spanish, Persian, Thai, Polish, Mayan, Mexican, Mongol)
    Victory types allowed: All

Gamefile

Website
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EPW; August 4, 2004, 00:26.
    "

OK i have a new problem, bet you wanted to hear that

On turn 44 and always on turn 44 all these barbarian invisible forts appear. I know this is how goodmod creates the goods with values before the game loads up, but why are they appearing on turn 44? Id post a screenshot but it would be a spoiler to the game, if its my installation thats messed up.

Heres the thing though, it doesnt do it when i start a new game. It only does it with your autosave gamefile. So which one of us has the wrong installation?

Heres what i did:

Installed CtP2.
    Installed 1.11 patch.
    Installed Modswapper.
    Installed apolpack.zip from directory.
    Installed GoodMod1.zip from directory.
    Installed GMtextup.zip from directory.

Ran modswapper option "GoodMod for Apolyton Pack V2.0! CTP2 the way it should be."

By the way i think you should post a regular save as the gamefile, i try to avoid using autosaves unless im desperate.
    Last edited by Maquiladora; July 5, 2004, 18:02.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

You do, get rid of GMtextup.zip I've gotten through 177 turns of errorless perfection and entertainment .

Heres the regular save:

EDIT: Removed file; the correct one can be found in the first post.
      Last edited by EPW; July 5, 2004, 20:02.
      "

Comment

I had suspected it was that... that second file link isnt very visible is it

Okay lets try again.
        Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

Nope. Still get strange happenings with the save, like invisible forts, but now theyre part of my civ when a build a city near a good.

Where did you get your goodmod from? or what were your steps to installing?

Comment

I got the goodmod from the directory also, along with apolyton pack. I have other mods installed but they shouldn't interfere. I don't know what the problem is.... You have debugslic=no right?

BTW I played to turn 44 and could not replicate your problem.
            "

Comment

Yeah i changed debug slic no. All i can think is that its the other mods that are interfering, but as you say they shouldnt. I installed CtP2 fresh each time, with and without GMtextup.zip installed, and got general strangeness with the invisible forts (although different errors) each time using the tournament save.

Could you install CtP2 and the mods needed fresh and test the tournament save? or could someone else try? The forts thing usually happens after 50 turns onwards.

Comment

Okay, I'm reinstalling now, I'll get back to you soon.
                "

Comment

OKay I've tested it with a clean install and you absolutely correct, I'm having the same problem as you. It's too bad the map was really good and I was having a good game. I'll replace the files above with a new game, I don't want to start a new tread.
                  "

Comment

OKay, the new game is up and ready to play. All should be well now.
                    "

Comment

OK just to make sure, this ISNT using GMtextup.zip right?

Comment

Correct; what is it anyways?
                        "

Comment

Its an update for goodmod, the second file link in the directory. If thats what you mean.

Comment

Important Note: the second file contains an update from all previous versions of GoodMod to version v1.0. If you have an older version of GoodMod you only need this file. If you do not have a previous version of GoodMod you only need the primary file.
                            It doesn't change anything though. Its just an update if you had an earlier version right. The first file is the most up to date file or am I reading this wrong?
                            "

Comment

Im not so sure theyre the same after the completely different errors i was getting, but if thats what it says then they must be the same, old version+update, or primary file by itself.

Comment

Working...
                              X