No announcement yet.

6.1th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 5 July - 5 September 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can report its working now, im 166 turns in and all is well. Lots of nice river too.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

I've had 263 errorless turns Looks like this one is going to work out.
      "

Comment

I want to propose a scoring rule that you will not get points for conquering splinter nations. I've gotten 1,00 extra points so far in my game where a city city revolts and forms a new empire, and I was forced to reconquer it. So if your going for the bloodlust victory the max points you can get for conquering another nation would be 3,500; extra points would be subtracted out. The easy solution would be to set maxplayers to 0 I suppose?
        "

Comment

I dont know.... im not going for points or bloodlust, although ive begrudgingly turned to bloodlust a few times out of frustration How was it handled in previous tournaments? Do I recall something about it being abused.
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

I've abused it this game on accident, I'm about 15 cities over the limit so revolutions happen occasionally. I just don't like getting these extra points for nothing.
            "

Comment

I would say, if youre not revolting them on purpose then its not abuse. Dont know if you can set maxplayers mid-game, perhaps.

Mine is set to maxplayers=0 anyway, thats from a fresh install of CtP2 obviously.

Comment

Diplomacy Victory - 270AD Turn 277

Thought i would need the trusty old tanks, but all the AI's bottled it. They were constantly walking over my borders then getting kicked back because of a no-trespass agreement, it was enjoyable to actually see all my diplomatic efforts working.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EPW
                  It doesn't change anything though. Its just an update if you had an earlier version right.
                  That's right it is just an update, the second file just contains all the text files and some graphics file that weren't present in GoodMod v.0.95.

Originally posted by EPW
                  The first file is the most up to date file or am I reading this wrong?
                  No, they are from the same date maybe one of them is some minutes older then the other one.

-Martin
                  Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Wow, nice Maq My own conquests have been quite messy and all the other civs hate me

What score should we use?
                    Attached Files
                    "

Comment

Its the 12470 one.

Yeah they all hated me too, even saying "Bloodbath" when i used the enslave or extend empire options everytime i took a city. Ive seen this bug mentioned somewhere but cant remember. Anyway they all seemed to act rather reasonable near the end, even my allies built roads between us.

Comment

I just finished a vanilla (patch-only) game to get back into the CtP2 frame of mind and I was thinking about starting a Good Mod game since I have never done one. I came to Apolyton to download the files and what do I see? Another SP tournament and it’s a GoodMod game! I am about 300 turns into it and I am having a blast!!! The Persians are now gone – they thought that they could just walk all over my Egyptian forces…. The Spanish have been rather devious – they were the first to attack, but then wanted peace after I took a few cities. Little did I know that they were secretly plotting to take Thebes! The Mayans are clearly the best AI so far. They were my best friends until a 12-stack “accidentally” took one of my cities and then they claimed it was a misunderstanding by immediately asking for a cease fire! I think that I need to weaken the Mayans at this point before they take over the entire world. The Spanish and Mexicans are currently on my side and both are at war with the Mayans so we should be able to put a dent in their vastly superior armies. My ultimate goal is my favorite victory - the science victory!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome!

This brings our total number of participants up to three

I'm going to restart my game, I had some strange crashes every time I took a city Looks like your doing well though.
                          "

Comment

Thanks EPW! I recall experiencing a rare crash when a city was taken – usually some AI city. I had always thought that there was some error embedded in that city because the few times it happened it would always crash during the taking of that particular city regardless of who was taking it. But that was a rare occurrence and I think I only observed it in the Apolyton Pack games. It certainly isn’t the same crash that you seem to be experiencing.

I went with a fresh CtP2 installation before starting this tournament game and I have not encountered any problems so far. I am very impressed with Martin’s Mod – it is an enjoyable way to play the game and the programming is tight! The Mexicans are paying top dollar for beaver (which I find a little too amusing ) and tobacco is in high demand (must be a lot of smoking going on) so I am starting to feel more like a Shrewd Trader than a Science player. Anyway, I am already planning to play an impossible level game after this one using GoodMod and a few of my favorite tweaks.

Comment

I'm going to restart my game, I had some strange crashes every time I took a city Looks like your doing well though.
                              I had one of those repetitive crashes in my game, just do the opposite of what you did before for a turn and its ok. It only happened once with me. BTW doesnt starting all over again give you an advantage?

If you want to setup a page for the tournament results have a look at the FAQ http://apolyton.net/forums/misc.php?...aq&page=16#224

Comment

So far I completely ignored this thread while we were working out the details of the new tournaments feature (and Tournament 5 too -- yes, we've been working on this for some time ). Now it's time to make this tourny official though. I already added the tournament to the existing bunch (giving the credit to EPW for creating it of course). If you will all be so kind as to (re-)submit your savegames there

News items about T5 and this one will follow tomorrow. Should we increase the deadline a little if this publicity creates more interest in this game?

Hopefully the Tournaments will now return as a regular feature And if not, you still have 9 HoFs to play for for CtP2 alone
                                Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X