No announcement yet.

6.1th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 5 July - 5 September 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just found out about this tournament game, and will try to finish by 8/5. But I can't get the game to show up with my other saved games to play. I unzipped it to my ........save\games file. Should it go somewhere else?

Comment

Did you put the save file inside a folder inside save/games?

edit: for example for this tournament mine are in ...\ctp2_program\ctp\save\games\tourny6.1
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Whoops, no, I forgot. I'll give that a try. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
          News items about T5 and this one will follow tomorrow. Should we increase the deadline a little if this publicity creates more interest in this game?

Hopefully the Tournaments will now return as a regular feature And if not, you still have 9 HoFs to play for for CtP2 alone
          I vote for an extension only because I have so much going on in RL that I may not make it by 5 August. It would be nice if a few more people joined in too!

I have a question – on the rules summary its says that exploits like the 1 mil gold bug are not allowed, but I don’t recall what that bug is. I assume that there is a way to cheat extra gold out of the game? I’m at the point in my game now where I don’t need any extra gold, but I don’t think that I was using any exploits early on because I was starving for gold during the first 300 turns or so!

Comment

Originally posted by Locutus
            So far I completely ignored this thread while we were working out the details of the new tournaments feature (and Tournament 5 too -- yes, we've been working on this for some time ). Now it's time to make this tourny official though. I already added the tournament to the existing bunch (giving the credit to EPW for creating it of course). If you will all be so kind as to (re-)submit your savegames there

News items about T5 and this one will follow tomorrow. Should we increase the deadline a little if this publicity creates more interest in this game?

Hopefully the Tournaments will now return as a regular feature And if not, you still have 9 HoFs to play for for CtP2 alone

I would say to increase it by a month to September 5.

Originally posted by Maquiladora
            I had one of those repetitive crashes in my game, just do the opposite of what you did before for a turn and its ok. It only happened once with me. BTW doesnt starting all over again give you an advantage?
            My crash is far more serious than that now (and I deleted the save anyways while reinstalling to fix the darned tile improvement bug I was fixing) though thats how it started out. It ended up crashing every turn during the computers turn, probably due to the pillaging bug. I don't think I should be disquilified because of technical difficulties.....
            "

Comment

Traditionally the creator of the tournament doesnt take part, but as theres only 4 taking part right now i dont think it matters much.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
              CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
              One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Tradition

I didn't look at the map or make any modifications when I made the game, so I don't have an unfair advantage (except for the fact that I'm restarting )
                "

Comment

I would agree with the 1 month extension, as I have just begun the game. ETB is also on record as requesting an extension.

Also, I have no problem with someone starting over, if it's due to technical problems. I only recently got the Apolyton Pack to work on under my X/P OS, and wouldn't be surprised to still get a random crash.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                    Traditionally the creator of the tournament doesnt take part, but as theres only 4 taking part right now i dont think it matters much.
                    Traditionally I'm the one starting the Tournament I will in this case still be the one reviewing the savegames to verify their authenticity, so I don't think it's a problem for EPW to participate.

(In the future we'll implement some extra features for approving submitted savegames, which will make it possible for everyone (including yours truly) to participate)
                    Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Well my games well underway, 250 turns into it. I was lucky and able to form an early military then regular alliance with the Persians(Green). Of course they have dragged me into all their wars but its been worth it as we are actively trading advances(not the glitched science pacted, which seems to be missing from this mod.) I was then able to conquer Spain early on which was a big boost for the Empire. I've been developing since then(my huge lead is mainly due to all the infrastucture I have) and I am just now invading the Mayans.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by EPW; July 29, 2004, 23:52.
                      "

Comment

Hot Damn I want to give this one a try... You can count me in to try to finish, but RL has been CRAZY these days so I make no promises. With a one month extension though, who knows

Which brings me to the topic of PBEM. I'm very sorry Maq I owe you a sincere apology for falling off the face of the earth with our game. RL just completely took over.

Comment

Its over; 1110AD, Bloodlust Victory:
                          Attached Files
                          "

Comment

BTW I edited the tourney screen to say Hard not Very Hard I hope.
                            "

Comment

I'm in!

As I was only checking the tournament section on the Apolyton CTP2 site, I didn't realise until about 5 mintues ago there was a new tournament running!

I can't believe it, it's been SO LONG, I'm so playing this one!!!

Thanks to all for setting it up. Time to reinstall after the recent system format, and hook right in!

Cheers all!

Shadow

P.S. That was a looooong delay in posting the last results... I actually thought I'd missed a tournament along the way and had my name put in by mistake. Anyway, glad to see the SP tournaments are alive and well.
                              3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                              Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Folks, for whatever reason I can't download any of the mods on a broadband connection.

I can do it on dialup, but obviously it takes FOREVER!

Any ideas...?

Also, is it just assumed that the updater to SAP2 is installed for this tournament?
                                3am...! Can't be, I just started...!
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                Ahhh, my first Nuke!
                                Now the fat lady's singin'...

Comment

Working...
                                X