6th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 4 July - 5 August 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Apolyton CtP2 SP Tournament: 4 July - 5 August 2004

This game has been canceled, see this thread for the new game.

I think its about time for the 6th SP tournament . This one uses Goodmod for Apolyton Pack V2.0! and the 2004.06.28.CTP2 Playtest. Installation instructions can be found below.

This game emphasizes extremes in terrain (I hope) of desert and and ice. Its going to be mostly land to help the AI so they put a a good fight.

Since its been a long time since the last game I though I would reveiw what the tournament game is:

Apolyton CtP2 Tournaments are a feature in which every so often a new game will be started, saved in the very first turn and placed it on this site. Then everyone can download this (zipped) savegame and play it. When you've done this and you've finished your game, submit the final savegame to us and a ranking of everyone who has participated will be made. There will be two winners for every victory type (Conquest, Diplomacy, Science, etc): one for the highest score and one for the earliest year in which the victory was achieved. You can compare your score with other people's and see how good you are. You are very much encouraged to discuss your progress and share your experiences with other players in the forums. You can discuss strategies and use tips and tricks of other players to improve your own game. It's a very casual contest, the discussion is just as important as the contest.
    Good luck to All! Installation and game information is listed below.
    You have until August the 5th to post your saved game. I have make no modifications to the map and will be participating in the tournament.

Installation

-Install Call to Power 2, you can install the 1.11 Patch but its not necessary
    -Download the 2004.6.28 Playtest here , and unzip it into your main CAll to Power to directory.
    -Download either modswrapper or modmanager from here and follow the installation instructions.
    -Download Super Apolyton Pack and Goodmod from here
    -Follow the instructions here to get mods to work with the playtest.

I think thats it

Theme: Hot and Cold
    Playtest dated 6.28
    Mod: GoodMod1 for Apolyton Pack 2
    Level: Hard
    Size: Huge Map
    Barbarians: Raiders
    Ocean-Land: 80%
    Island-Continent: 60%
    Wet-Dry: 100%
    Warm-Cold: 100%
    Uniform-Diverse: 60%
    Few Goods-Many Goods: 30%
    World shape: Doughnut
    Bloodlust: Off
    Pollution: On
    Civilization: Egyptians
    Opponents: 7 (Russian, Viking, Aztec, German, Native American, Portuguese, Japanese)
    Victory types allowed: All

Gamefile
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EPW; July 5, 2004, 22:16.
    "

I guess diplo-victory is almost out of the question with frenzy AI in SAP, and i guess we're not allowed to disable it...

edit: I cant download the gamefile either.
    Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
    CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
    One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
      I guess diplo-victory is almost out of the question with frenzy AI in SAP, and i guess we're not allowed to disable it...
      Erm.. I guess not.
      "

Comment

Does that download work for the gamefile? It doesn't seem to for me....
        "

Comment

Heres the files again if the other one isn't working for you, remember to set debugslic to no just in case.
          Attached Files
          "

Comment

Actually, it doesn't matter whether you install 1.11 or not. The changes it makes to the exe are anyway gone when you replace the patched exe by the playtest exe.

And yeah, with the standard buggy Frenzy AI, diplo victory can't happen, you'd be lucky to ever stop a war after it starts.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

We played a previous tournament with AP and 4 of us got a diplo-victory. Not sure whether Apoly Pack included frenzy at that time though. In fact Martin G got a diplo-victory in the SAP2 tourny too, it was a late one, but its possible.

Anyway im all up and running now, so we'll see.
              Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)

Comment

OKay, sounds good. I fixed the Gamefile link so it should work now. BTW Can we get an annoucement of the game on the cTP2 page?
                "

Comment

Okay im having a small problem, i say small because its only a missing image (although there may be more missing), but it does crash the game.

I meet the Aztecs and try to send them diplomacy proposal and the game drops to desktop and the monzezuma1.tga is missing, ive looked and its required in APOL_civ_str.txt and the image doesnt come with apolpack.zip from the directory.

I installed in the exact order as described in your post EPW, including downloading them from all the locations you gave. Did you get this problem or similar?

and whats a quick fix so i can continue/complete the game?

Comment

I have a much more serious problem, the game gets extremely slow during the AI's turn and its almost impossible to continue. I have no idea whats going wrong but i think it must having something to do with the playtest.
                    As for your problem I have no idea, except to make sure to set debugslic=no. Also did you run the modupdater tool for both Apolyton mod and goodmod?
                    "

Comment

Yep, ran the updater tool for both mod prefixes (after downloading ms update poo) and set debug slic, no.

Itll be a small miracle if we get our games finished.

Comment

I restarted my game and had the same problem that you had Maq. Not sure what to do....
                        "

Comment

The problem does not occur in the 1.11 version, maybe we should start another game using the patch?
                          "

Comment

I think we should, but id still like to know why we got this error and not with 1.1 patch. Start a new game and thread yeah anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                              We played a previous tournament with AP and 4 of us got a diplo-victory. Not sure whether Apoly Pack included frenzy at that time though. In fact Martin G got a diplo-victory in the SAP2 tourny too, it was a late one, but its possible.

Anyway im all up and running now, so we'll see.
                              Well it was something like getting strong and then ask:

What about an alliance?
                              What no alliance? Let's make war?
                              I knew that I could convince that an alliance is good in mutual interests and mutual benifit.

-Martin
                              Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                              X