This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Death Robots

There is talk in CFC about Giant death robots. We want to get rid of the 4 ages allready there and add new ones like steam,gas,atomic,fusion,anti matter, etc.

Human units will NOT be in the game it will be GDRs. Who need stupid troops and tanks and that junk when there are GDRs? There will be settlers and workers but thats it.

Each Nation will have UU GDRs. They will be better than other nations GDRs. I can't think of any of the UU but any way.

There will be alot of GDRs. There will be GDRs that fire nukes,lasers,gatting guns etc. You will also be able to make your own GDR.

Now you may be wondering how big will GDRs be. Well any where from 200 feet to 2 miles (in the late ages). And be able to walk on citys and destroy them.

I want NO flameing or spaming this thread!!!
    Visit www.gogf.tk

Re: Giant Death Robots

Originally posted by Highgeneral
    Each Nation will have UU GDRs. They will be better than other nations GDRs.
    You can't make every civ have a UU that's better than all other units, if their UUs are included.

Originally posted by Highgeneral
    I want NO flameing or spaming this thread!!!
    And I want to rule the world! (OK, we all want to...)

Comment

Oh, and I've been waiting for a chance to post this: (thanks to whoever spread it)
      =========================== cut here =============================

STANDARDIZED BONEHEAD REPLY FORM

(check all boxes that apply)

Dear:

[X] Clueless Newbie [X] Lamer [ ] Lame-ass Flamer
      [ ] Luser [ ] Spammer [X] Troller
      [ ] "Me too" er [ ] Pervert [X] Geek
      [X] Idiot [X] Nerd [ ] Elvis
      [ ] Racist [ ] Fed [ ] Freak
      [ ] Fundamentalist [ ] Satanist [ ] Homeopath
      [ ] Unbearably self-righteous person [ ] Lazy Student

I took exception to your recent:

[ ] Email [X] Postings to ____Apolyton_ACS___________.
      (newsgroup)

It was (check all that apply):

[X] Lame [X] Stupid [ ] Abusive
      [ ] Clueless [ ] Idiotic [ ] Brain-damaged
      [ ] Imbecilic [ ] Arrogant [ ] Malevolent
      [X] Contemptible [ ] Libelous [ ] Ignorant
      [X] Boring [ ] Dim [ ] Cowardly
      [ ] Deceitful [ ] Demented [ ] Self-righteous
      [X] Crazy [X] Weird [ ] Hypocritical
      [ ] Loathsome [ ] Satanic [ ] Despicable
      [ ] Belligerent [ ] Mind-numbing [ ] Maladroit
      [ ] Much longer than any worthwhile thought of which you may be capable.

Your attention is drawn to the fact that:

[ ] You posted what should have been emailed
      [ ] You obviously don't know how to read your newsgroups line
      [ ] You are trying to make money on a non-commercial newsgroup
      [ ] You self-righteously impose your religious beliefs on others
      [ ] You self-righteously impose your racial beliefs on others
      [X] You self-righteously impose your luserish beliefs on others
      [X] You self-righteously impose your parasitic beliefs on others
      [ ] You directly flamed me after I plonked your tushie
      [ ] Moreover, I could do it better than you
      [ ] You looked a gift horse up the arse
      [ ] Posted what has been done before
      [ ] Not only that, it was done better the last time
      [ ] You told me to hit "DELETE"
      [X] You showed intelligence off the deep end of the bell curve
      [ ] You used the phrase "Information Superhighway"
      [ ] You used HTML to post to news
      [ ] You backed up *nothing* you said
      [ ] Not only that, I could argue your case better than you
      [ ] You are eligible for the John M. Grubor Memorial Award
      [X] Nobody likes you
      [ ] This has been pointed out to you before
      [ ] You posted a binary in a non-binaries group
      [ ] You don't know which group to post in
      [X] You posted something totally uninteresting
      [ ] You crossposted to *way* too many newsgroups
      [X] I don't like your tone of voice
      [ ] You quoted an *entire* post in your reply
      [ ] Your signature is over 4 lines, the net standard.
      [ ] You started a long, stupid thread
      [ ] You continued spreading a long stupid thread
      [ ] Your post is absurdly off topic for where you posted it
      [ ] It was an advertisement for a Web site
      [ ] You only gave the URL besides
      [ ] You used the same, stupid URL as the title
      [ ] You justified it with a "broader audience" excuse
      [ ] You posted a followup to crossposted robot-generated spam
      [ ] You posted a "test" in a discussion group rather than in alt.test
      [ ] You posted a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
      [X] You posted an artfully disguised equivalent of a "YOU ALL SUCK" message
      [X] You posted low-IQ flamebait
      [X] You posted a blatantly obvious troll
      [ ] You followed up to a blatantly obvious troll
      [ ] You posted an "official notice" to someone, as if it had any weight
      [ ] You posted an "official notice" to the whole group, as if it had any
      weight
      [ ] You threatened to sue someone
      [ ] For something ridiculous
      [ ] Multiple times
      [ ] You cried "libel"
      [ ] You said "me too" to something
      [ ] You make no sense
      [ ] Your sig/alias is dreadful
      [ ] You must have spent your life in a skinner box to be this clueless.
      [ ] You posted a phone-sex ad
      [ ] You posted a stupid pyramid money making scheme
      [ ] You claimed a pyramid-scheme/chain letter for money was legal
      [ ] You forwarded a stupid chain letter
      [ ] And you formatted it badly
      [ ] Tried to justify the fact that you sent it
      [ ] Just forwarded it without saying anything at all
      [ ] You posted in ELitE CaPitALs to look k0OwL
      [ ] You posted a message written in ALL CAPS, and you don't even own a TRS-80
      [ ] Your post was FULL of RANDOM CAPS for NO APPARENT REASON
      [ ] You have profoundly ignorant wrt the purpose of this newsgroup
      [ ] You have profoundly ignorant wrt the purpose of the Internet
      [ ] You have profoundly ignorant
      [X] You are a luser
      [X] This has been pointed out to you before
      [ ] Being killfiled you insisted on your right to be listened
      [ ] You had followuped the *PLONK*
      [ ] You tried to play SpeedBump with your From: line
      [ ] And made him look intelligent in comparison with you
      [ ] You made several Last Postings To This Group(tm)
      [ ] You claimed to be USENET veteran, demonstrating the clue level of
      average WebTV user
      [ ] You didn't do anything specific, but appear to be so generally
      worthless that you are being flamed on general principles

It is recommended that you:

[X] Get a clue
      [X] Get a life
      [X] Go away
      [ ] Grow up
      [X] Never post again
      [ ] Read every newsgroup you posted to for a week
      [ ] stop reading Usenet news and get a life
      [ ] stop sending Email and get a life
      [X] Bust up your modem with a hammer and eat it
      [ ] Do your own homework
      [ ] Have your medication adjusted
      [ ] Jump into a bathtub while holding your monitor
      [ ] find a volcano and throw yourself in
      [ ] Return your stupid WebTV set
      [X] get a gun and shoot yourself
      [ ] Actually post something relevant
      [ ] Read the FAQ
      [ ] stick to FidoNet and come back when you've grown up
      [ ] stick to AOL and come back when you've grown up
      [ ] stick to WebTV and come back when you've grown up
      [X] Apologize to everybody in this newsgroup
      [X] consume excrement
      [X] consume excrement and thus expire
      [ ] Post your tests to alt.test/misc.test
      [X] Put your home phone number in your ads from now on
      [X] Refrain from posting until you have a vague idea what you're doing

In Closing, I'd Like to Say:

[X] You need to seek psychiatric help
      [X] Take your gibberish somewhere else
      [ ] *plonk*
      [ ] Learn how to post or get off Usenet
      [X] Most of the above
      [ ] All of the above
      [X] Some of the above, not including All of the above
      [ ] You are so clueless that I didn't even bother filling in this form
      [X] Have a nice day.

=========================== cut here =============================
      Last edited by MattH; June 28, 2004, 10:27.
      cIV list: cheats
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

Re: Re: Giant Death Robots

Originally posted by Max Sinister

You can't make every civ have a UU that's better than all other units, if their UUs are included.

And I want to rule the world! (OK, we all want to...)
        Ok lets say the American UU delta-1000 and you have the normal UU that other civs build X-9000. American would be better than the normal unit.
        Visit www.gogf.tk

Comment

I can see how you might feel it to be a bit odd, but it is only because Highgeneral did a poor job explaining it

Here's the CFC thread on it
          Here's what I want, Giant Death Robots, I don't care what they have to do to get them into the game, but there must be giant death robots. And there must be a wide variety of giant death robots, there should be plasma cannon wielding giant death robots. Ones that just pound things with their...

And here's the first post
          Here's what I want, Giant Death Robots, I don't care what they have to do to get them into the game, but there must be giant death robots. And there must be a wide variety of giant death robots, there should be plasma cannon wielding giant death robots. Ones that just pound things with their giant metal fists. Oh, and you should differentiate between good robots and bad robots. Oh, and some of them should transform, like in autobots transformers. I really don't care if the "history" is accurate or if it's "realistic" I just want really big giant huge death robots.

Oh, and the robots must have awesome names like "Mega-destructomator" or "Carnage-bot 7000." Now all of these giant death robots must be anthropomorphic, because that's the ONLY form for giant death robots (although they can transform into other shapes).

Now, more about the specialized giant death robots: You'd have your chief megazord type robot, so huge it takes a whole team of power rangers to control it! They'd be mega-giant death robots that can take out cities merely by walking in close proximity to them! And they can disassemble to form a bunch of smaller (yet still giant) death robots. You'd also have transforming robots, because with transforming robots there's more than meets the eye, you'd have robots in disguise! They'd transform either into automobiles or giant animals. The giant animals could run really fast, but they'd have no weapons until they transformed into the anthropomorphic shape. The automobile ones could travel unseen into a city then from the inside lay down destruction on the grandest of scales! Also, there'd be ones that shoot out missiles from long range, and they'd be all cocky because they don't have to be directly involved in the battle, sort of a comic relief from all that awesomeness! Then there'd be these really slow really heavily armored fat robots, all the other robots will be laughing at it's mega-slow rate, but then when it finally gets close enough, it shoots out the biggest most powerful weapons in the game, then all the former laughing robots would be nothing more than a pile of molten scrap! Oh and there should be some robots that are specialized for deep-sea fighting, they'd walk on the ocean floor, and would fire torpedoes and can with stand pressures that would make the makers of the Alvin jealous!

Oh and as your technology improves you could have better and better death robots. Perhaps you'd start out with a steam powered mega mechanical iron monster that shoots out cannons and stuff and their either driven by mustache twirling villains who enjoy chaining golden haired virgins to train tracks (that's also got to be included in the game), or cowboys (or perhaps outlaws). Later on you'd get gas powered ones that shoot out new fangled machine guns these are run by mad scientist types. After that you'd get nuclear powered ones powered by a transplanted brain that fire laser cannons. Then we'd get the fusion ones which shoot out superheated plasma and are run by a computer-brain, these have ion engines and can fly through space and battle other giant space robots, evil blobs that go arggh, or space pirates (Which will be a MAJOR component to the game). Then you'd get the antimatter powered ones that can turn invisible and teleport and travel in hyperspace and visit other worlds where you can battle giant alien death robots.

Now you may be thinking "well, that's nice but how big would the giant robots be?" Well, I'd say they'd have to be about 200 feet tall or taller to begin with so that they can crush most buildings under their feet. It would get bigger and bigger as time progresses though and in the later eras you'd have robots that are easily 2 miles tall!

Now these robots would have awesome battles with each other in beautiful rendering so that you can see the sheer hugeness and beauty of these metal (and later on plastic-composite) monsters. And, they'd have awesome phrases when the fight like "Prepare to eat 500 cubic meters of pure energy" and then the big huge cannon would fire and the amount of radiation that the computer screen would put out to show how blindingly bright it is would blind you and unless your wearing a protective lead suit permanently sterilize you (If you're male, females would just get breast cancer).

Also included in the packaging should be giant artistic posters of the giant death robots in the game, and all of them would be saying their cool phrases that they say during the game, and they'd have awesome landscapes behind them of cities that they've pulverized with their giant fists, or landscapes of other planets, or in the event of the aforementioned deep sea robots a wreaked vessel of war, perhaps a destroyer, perhaps an aircraft carrier or perhaps even a nuclear submarine oozing out green radioactive goo! Also the manual would be filled with quotes from famous movie and TV giant death robots to help set the mood.

Oh and all the songs should either be hard rock, techno, or one of those classical pieces with a whole lot of timpani parts, and they must be real loud. So loud that when you play it on anything less then stadium speakers parts would come flying off and damage everyting and everyone within a few feet! The music should give a pulse-pounding edge-of-the-seat feeling that will get you ready to fight your army of super-robots.

This really gets to the core philosophy of Civilization, fighting on a massive scale, and gives it a whole new meaning. It would sell like hotcakes, especially if it smelled like hotcakes!

Perhaps this is betraying Sid Meier's "vision" or some sort of "ideals" that you civilization folk have, but honestly the massive amount of sheer awesomeness associated with giant death robots will much more then enough to compensate for the differences.
          APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

I can see how you might feel it to be a bit odd, but it is only because Highgeneral did a poor job explaining it
            Go play robotech... oh, and read what MattH said again, slowly... Blatant troll, and I applaud you for it, especially the music selection.
            Monkey!!!

Comment

MattH: hilarious!!!!

highgeneral, don't be discurraged by the reaction. one of my first post here (nearly 2800 posts ago), was something about troops autopillaging... needless to say that the reaction wasn't very welcoming
              hang in here

but to your topic: a future era was already in discussion for civ3 but got ruled out. everything futuristic can only be guessed and presumed.

currently, the only future tech is "strategic missile defence". after that, it's just "future tech #1" (damn... havn't got that far for years! all games end way earlier!).

for giant death robots, you may like the "empire earth", where you start in the stone ages and grow right into the future ages. no UU robots, but nonetheless giant death robots
              - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
              - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

ok, now reading the CFC post, i notice you were actually joking... i'm a bit slow once again
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Giant robots are cool and all, but due to them being too heavy, they aren't really practical.
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Perfection i did do a poor job explaining it. But i called you here via pm so you could explain it better.

But now with the two biggest civ site knowing about GDRs there is a fighting chance to get it in civ4. Civ4 with out GSRs will be crap.
                    Visit www.gogf.tk

Comment

Well, both Civ sites know about Cow units, but the intellegent people also know they are ****ing stupid and shouldn't be in a game. It doesn't mean there is a fighting chance.
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Nah, I don't feel like explaining it here, if they really want to understand it they'll read the CFC thread.

It's now the second largest idea thread in the forum!
                        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
                          Nah, I don't feel like explaining it here, if they really want to understand it they'll read the CFC thread.

It's now the second largest idea thread in the forum!
                          A good example of why most people from Sidgames went to Apolyton.

Comment

Hmm. In the late modern age, there could be power armor as a possibility. But if you want that kind of thing (futuristic crap) why not just make a mod?
                            Now just don't go forming any angry mobs now, you hear?

Comment

Yes, this type of thing is best left being modded in. Or not, as the case may be.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X