X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn-reporting thread, 2101 -

The password is "domination".

For the presend files 2101-2120, please go here.

Battle Report MY 2101

• Sparta Command founded.
    • Unity rover discovered a monolith, and moved further north to a river source.
    • Spartan citizens work the monolith to produce a scout rover.
    • Energy allocations set to 30% Econ / 10% Psych / 60% Labs.
    • Second colony pod moved north.

Battle Report MY 2102

• I was prompted to select a research project. I chose Centauri Ecology.
    • Rover moved down the river as suggested. When I saw that pod I doubted whether I should pop it or not, but I figured Googlie would prefer popping it after our second base is established near that unity pod, so I moved further down the river.
    • Colony pod moved west to the river banks.
    • CentEcol will be researched in four turns. The rover will be produced in three turns.

Battle Report MY 2103

• Colony pod moved to (58.18). Santiago Citadel founded.
    • R-112 Corazon Recon Vehicle drove to coordinates (58.16) and discovered another monolith. This time I did choose a morale upgrade as the rover would only have 1/3 MP left anyway, with thus little chance to get anywhere else this year.
    • Centauri Ecology will be researched next year.
    • Sparta Command scout rover hurried with 3 minerals at a cost of 7 credits. The rover will be completed next year.

Battle Report MY 2104

• Centauri Ecology discovered. Turned boffins loose on Doctrine Flexibility (6 turns)
    • R-112 Corazon Recon Vehicle drove downriver to coordinates (54:12) and discovered ocean frontage
    • Sparta Command scout rover completed and moved south of the base to explore territory - stalled on a rocky tile (62:24).
    • Production changed at Sparta Command to a Colony Pod(11 turns, new pop in 8)

Battle Report MY 2105

• R-112 CRV moved to (55.9). More rainy tiles discovered. Popbooming on this map should be very easy once we get Gene Splicing.
    • Chiron Knights moved to Red River source on coordinates (64.22).
    • Santagio Citadel production hurried with 3 minerals at a cost of 7 credits. As a result the scout rover should be finished next year MY 2106.

Battle Report MY 2106

• R-112 Corazon Recon Vehicle further maps the rainy plains north of Santiago Citadel.
    • The Chiron Knights sail down the rocky Río Rojo and see an ocean unveil before their eyes.
    • Santiago Citadel commissions a scout rover troop, nicknamed the Rolling Thunder Brigade. It explores the Buster Crater.
    • Data Angels now have taken over the lead of us as technologically most advanced faction. The tech they researched/popped isn't Centauri Ecology though.

Battle Report MY 2107

• Yes! Yes! Yes! Captain Googlie moved the Rolling Thunder rover troop on the crater river to explore. It led to a river source where a Unity pod was detected. The rover had only 1/3 MP left and I'm irrationally scared about getting a fungal bloom or earthquake destroying the Buster Crater. So I was in doubt whether I should wait until next turn, or post a midturn to ask everyone's opinion. But after some hesitation I decided to pop the pod and get over it. We got a nutrient bonus and a materials pod completing a command center in Santiago Citadel!
    • In other news, R-112 CRV moved around a bit more on the rainy plains, and found the source of Gunrunners' Creek.
    • As the Yellow Proposal seems to have a unanimous agreement meaning there wouldn't be a base founded in the southern Unity pod's vicinity in the near future, I ordered Captain Andemagnus to drive a bit southwest to that Unity pod.

Battle Report MY 2108

• Rolling Thunder troop moved SW-W as suggested. Another coast was detected.
    • Chiron Knights popped the Unity pod. We got some solar collectors on a few places that can't use them. Oh well, it can't always be stellar pod popping results.
    • R-112 CRV fully explored Gunrunners' Creek.
    • Command Center completed in Santiago Citadel. Production switched back to a colony pod.

Battle Report MY 2109

• Rolling Thunder moves as ordered by Captain Googlie: following the coastline.
    • R-112 CRV moves as suggested by a majority: popping the pod. We got another monolith.
    • Chiron Knights move further south. A unity pod was detected, but I have the habit to pop no pods on the last move of rovers, to prevent they can't attack or run away from mind worms. Tell me if I should change that habit. Instead I tried to move the rover on a fungus river tile, but got bounced back. That move did reveal some extra tiles though.
    • I changed energy allocations to 50-0-50 for this turn, to prevent we would lose 1 labs when we research DocFlex next year. (The tech cost is 35, while we already had 33 labs accumulated.)

Battle Report MY 2110

• Doctrine: Flexibility researched. Information Networks selected as next research project.
    • Energy allocations reset to 30-10-60.
    • Chiron Knights popped the Unity pod. It triggered a fungal bloom. When I tried to move south in an effort to get on the river and get out of this mess, a spore launcher was detected. Needless to say, it was swiftly eradicated. We got 10 credits worth of planetpearls. Those should be able to help us hurry the Colony Pod in Sparta Command. We now have energy reserves of 27c.
    • R-112 CRV drove further in the direction of Sparta Command.
    • Rolling Thunder has further explored the Crater coastline.

Battle Report MY 2111

• R-112 CRV moved into Sparta Command. That base will grow next turn. And with some hurrying the CP should be finished the turn after that: MY 2113.
    • Rolling Thunder finished mapping the Crater shoreline. So we need new orders for that unit.
    • Chiron Knights succesfully moved to the side of the fungal bloom. For some reason I moved the unit east instead of SE (on the river) though. Immediately after doing the move, I wondered "Why the hell did I do that?" Sorry for the mistake.

Battle Report MY 2112

• As suggested by Zeiter, the Chiron Knights started driving towards the eastern coastline. Great suggestion, as Captain Andemagnus discovered a Unity pod after using its first MP to move north. I didn't pop the pod with the second MP though for two reasons: 1) I'd hate to get worms without the ability to attack or flee from them. 2) It would suck if we got a materials pod now while the SC1 CP is nearly completed. In case we get one next year, we could get a full production item finished. So instead I moved the rover SE.
    • Rolling Thunder is succesfully plodding through the fungus on (54.22) to move to (58.24) as ordered by Captain Googlie.
    • R-112 CRV driving towards Santiago Citadel.
    • Production in Sparta Command hurried with 5 minerals at a cost of 13 credits. This means only 4 minerals - the current SC1 production - need to be added to finish the CP: we'll have our first colony pod next year! Btw, don't worry about that drone in SC1. The production phase is dealt with before the drone riot check. As we'll get a CP next year, reducing the base size back to one, we don't have to worry anymore about Domai's Drones.

Battle Report MY 2113

• Sparta Command completes a colony pod. I'm not sure what we decided to build next - I temporarily set it to formers. Btw, in the future what do I need to change production to in SC1 before popping a pod and thus possibly getting a materials pod?
    • Colony pod sent forwards to (57.21).
    • Chiron Knights popped the unity pod and got another fungal bloom. And it also failed to use its second MP to move out of the fungus. We've temporarily run out of luck it seems. How about we call that large mass of fungus now existing on our south The Great Fungal Wall?
    • R-112 CRV now garrisons Santiago Citadel.
    • Rolling Thunder moved to (56.20), to continue further to SC2. Oh yeah, square (58.24) also unrevealed while moving through (56.22).

Battle Report MY 2114

• Santiago Citadel has grown to size 2. I changed the second worker from a 2-1-1 square to the 1-2-1 crater tile, as we don't have enough credits to hurry an additional mineral.
    • Colony pod production in SC2 hurried with 19 energy credits. Remaining credit reserves: 1 credit. Minister of Finances fired.
    • Rolling Thunder moved on the monolith. It has been upgraded to hardened (+) morale.
    • Domai's Colony Pod continues its journey.
    • R-112 CRV en route to the south.
    • The Chiron Knights succesfully moved SE. Next year they should leave the fungus.

Battle Report MY 2115

• Santiago Citadel produces colony pod. Base size back to one. Scout rover set as new production item.
    • Chiron Knights moved S and W. Next year it can pop a unity pod.
    • Gythium Harbour founded. Production set to a gun skimship. It should be ready in six years.
    • R-112 CRV moves further south.
    • SC2 CP moving west, to (51.17) I assume.
    • I had an idea to explore the NW Crater faster. Instead of first popping the crater unity pods after base nr. 4 was founded, and only then moving NW (which would require Rolling Thunder to wait a turn doing nothing), I let Rolling Thunder drive down Río Grande towards the NW Crater. It should have explored the NW and be ready for pod popping the minute base #4 is founded.
    • Information Networks will be researched in three turns. We now produce 8 labs and 2 credits per year.
    • I added a whole bunch of landmark names. The map does look rather 'busy' now.

Battle Report MY 2116

• The Chiron Knights popped a pod and discovered nutrient resources. They then proceeded SE and discovered another pod which can be popped next year.
    • R-112 CRV further follows the coastline due south.
    • SC2 CP to (55.17).
    • Rolling Thunder moves W & SW. Not two west as the new revealed tile contains fungus.

Battle Report MY 2117

• R-112 CRV moved one tile SW. Fungal Tower discovered! R-112 CRV attacked the Fungal Tower and won, completely unharmed! We got 20 credits worth of planet pearls. No morale boost though.
    • The Chiron Knights. I changed production in SC1 to a speeder former, but to no avail. The first pod was once again a nutrient resource far far from our territory. Then I saw a second pod immediately west of the previous pod location. Because there was no other fungus-free tile to move to, I decided to pop it for a change, despite that it was the rover's last move. And bad luck, this time I popped a mind worm. Probably because we're the last human faction in the turn order, I already got to see the battle. The rover won. 40% damage, but with a morale boost.
    • Energy allocations changd to 50-0-50 for this turn, to prevent loss of a labs point when tech is researched.
    • CP and rover moved according to the original plan.
    • SC1 production switched to a CP.
    • Gythium Harbour gun skimship production hurried with 15 credits. It'll be finished next year.

Battle Report MY 2118

• Informations Networks researched. Next choices were as predicted. Applied Physics selected. Our tech cost has risen to 75 labs.
    • Lieutenant Dissident, Founder of the Spartans Naval Corps, christens the first combat ship on Planet. Production in Gythium Harbour temporarily set to a Speeder Former.
    • Placeholder (temporary name ) base founded.
    • Rolling Thunder moves to the unity pod in the Crater Lakes and discovers a... Battle Ogre Mk1!!! (production in Placeholder then changed from speeder former to normal former)
    • R-112 CRV moved E-S through the passage between the fungal walls. (Should we give this passage a name?) Unity pod discovered SW of its location.
    • Ogre moving east.
    • Gun skimship moved next to a unity pod. Should be popped next year.
    • The Chiron Knights attempted to move up the river, but encountered yet another worm. It was flamed and we got 10 credits worth of planetpearls. The Knights are now 50% damaged and have veteran (+) morale.
    • The former in our new base has been hurried and will be complete next year. 24 credits spent. 4 left in our reserves.

Battle Report - 2119

Moved by Maniac:
    • Production at Harbour and Placeholder switched to Network Nodes preparatory to podpopping
    • SCC Invincible popped the seapod and uncovered a sonar buoy (more map revealed)
    • Rolling Thunder popped the pod adjacent to it and got a nut bonus and a mindworm

moved by Googlie:
    • Placeholder name changed to Sector Craterwest (SC3)
    • SC3's former moved upriver 1 tile and commenced planting a forest over the nut special
    • Rolling Thunder successfully killed the mindworm, taking a 10% damage hit but delivering 10 ec's as planetpearls
    • Ogre moved into SC2 en-route to SC1
    • Chiron Knights remained stationary on Rio Rojo to continue the recovery process
    • R-112 CRV popped the pod on 59:31 uncorking a mineral special, then continued south to explore more territory
    • Production at SC3 switched back to a Colony Pod and at Harbour back to a gunfoil
    • SCC Invincible moved 2 tiles west and hove to by a spit of land with a seapod adjacent ready for popping next turn
    • Rover rushed at Citadel for 19 ec's (0 left in reserves)
    • The 2 mountain names were moved to better reflect the highest points in their respective masses
    • this required a minor repositioning of 2 river names
    • Fungal Pass added, and Crater Lakes added

Battle Report MY 2120

• Rolling Thunder moves two tiles east.
    • Shrek stays in SC2.
    • New SC2 roves gets a morale boost to Commando (+) at SC1's monolith, and will move into SC1 next turn.
    • R-112 CRV and Chiron Knights moved into position for some serious pod-popping next two turns. A bounce on fungus with the CRV revealed some more terrain.
    • SCC Invincible moved to (47.29) and spotted forests!! Planted by the Hive, by a Unity pod or by buster, we don't know (yet).
    • SC2 production set to a scout patrol.
    Last edited by Maniac; July 29, 2004, 07:22.

Sheesh - just how long does it take a Gaian to move 2 colony pods and a scout?

(Lt. Col Maniac, Sir: The Junta has requested that I put a stop watch on you, Sir, to ensure that you keep to the usual standards of Spartan efficiency)

Captain Googlie, Recording Officer to the Junta

Comment

Another 18-24 hours they say.

Comment

Well, maybe we do have the advantage of having a bit more time as we're not playing first (cf. the testing of podpopping with the rover, or colony pod, before or after founding the first base)

If they're going thru something similar then I can empathize

G.

Comment

After this initial round though I hope the mods break out the whips...
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
            (Lt. Col Maniac, Sir: The Junta has requested that I put a stop watch on you, Sir, to ensure that you keep to the usual standards of Spartan efficiency)
            Very well, Captain. Dismissed.

Hmm, nice watch... Hey, what do these small letters say?
            "This watch will explode 48 hours after not playing turn."
            Oh darn, how did I end up with this job?
            Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
            Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Darn. The turn arrives just when one of my favourite series is about to start on TV. I'll check out the turn in a large hour hopefully...

Comment

MY 2101 Battle Report
                • Sparta Command founded.
                • Unity rover discovered a monolith, and moved further north to a river source.
                • Spartan citizens work the monolith to produce a scout rover.
                • Energy allocations set to 30% Econ / 10% Psych / 60% Labs.
                • Second colony pod moved north.

Presend save MY 2101

Last edited by Maniac; July 6, 2004, 14:12.

Comment

MY 2102 Battle Report

Previous turn everyone seemed ok with me playing fast with the already made suggestions. So I did the same now. Tell me if I shouldn't have.
                  We didn't really have real formal orders though. Should we create some official government departments to make those?
                  • I was prompted to select a research project. I chose Centauri Ecology.
                  • Rover moved down the river as suggested. When I saw that pod I doubted whether I should pop it or not, but I figured Googlie would prefer popping it after our second base is established near that unity pod, so I moved further down the river.
                  • Colony pod moved west to the river banks.
                  • CentEcol will be researched in four turns. The rover will be produced in three turns.

Presend save MY 2102

Screenie. Sorry once again for the hideous base graphics.
                  Last edited by Maniac; July 6, 2004, 14:12.

Comment

Battle Report MY 2103
                    • Colony pod moved to (58.18). Santiago Citadel founded.
                    • R-112 Corazon Recon Vehicle drove to coordinates (58.16) and discovered another monolith. This time I did choose a morale upgrade as the rover would only have 1/3 MP left anyway, with thus little chance to get anywhere else this year.
                    • Centauri Ecology will be researched next year.
                    • Sparta Command scout rover hurried with 3 minerals at a cost of 7 credits. The rover will be completed next year.

Presend save MY 2103

Comment

Battle Report MY 2104

• Centauri Ecology discovered. Turned boffins loose on Doctrine Flexibility (6 turns)
                      • R-112 Corazon Recon Vehicle drove downriver to coordinates (54:12) and discovered ocean frontage
                      • Sparta Command scout rover completed and moved south of the base to explore territory - stalled on a rocky tile (62:24).
                      • Production changed at Sparta Command to a Colony Pod(11 turns, new pop in 8)

2104 Presend save

Comment

Battle Report MY 2105

• R-112 CRV moved to (55.9). More rainy tiles discovered. Popbooming on this map should be very easy once we get Gene Splicing.
                        • Chiron Knights moved to Red River source on coordinates (64.22).
                        • Santagio Citadel production hurried with 3 minerals at a cost of 7 credits. As a result the scout rover should be finished next year MY 2106.

Sparta MY 2105 presend save

Comment

Battle Report MY 2106

• R-112 Corazon Recon Vehicle further maps the rainy plains north of Santiago Citadel.
                          • The Chiron Knights sail down the rocky Río Rojo and see an ocean unveil before their eyes.
                          • Santiago Citadel commissions a scout rover troop, nicknamed the Rolling Thunder Brigade. It explores the Buster Crater.
                          • Data Angels now have taken over the lead of us as technologically most advanced faction. The tech they researched/popped isn't Centauri Ecology though.

Sparta MY 2106 presend

Comment

Battle Report MY 2107

• Yes! Yes! Yes! Captain Googlie moved the Rolling Thunder rover troop on the crater river to explore. It led to a river source where a Unity pod was detected. The rover had only 1/3 MP left and I'm irrationally scared about getting a fungal bloom or earthquake destroying the Buster Crater. So I was in doubt whether I should wait until next turn, or post a midturn to ask everyone's opinion. But after some hesitation I decided to pop the pod and get over it. We got a nutrient bonus and a materials pod completing a command center in Santiago Citadel!
                            • In other news, R-112 CRV moved around a bit more on the rainy plains, and found the source of Gunrunners' Creek.
                            • As the Yellow Proposal seems to have a unanimous agreement meaning there wouldn't be a base founded in the southern Unity pod's vicinity in the near future, I ordered Captain Andemagnus to drive a bit southwest to that Unity pod.

Sparta MY 2107 presend save

Comment

Battle Report MY 2108

We've still got no Generalissimo responsible for organizing and channeling all military and exploration suggestions, so I went ahead with the different suggestions made:
                              • Rolling Thunder troop moved SW-W as suggested. Another coast was detected.
                              • Chiron Knights popped the Unity pod. We got some solar collectors on a few places that can't use them. Oh well, it can't always be stellar pod popping results.
                              • R-112 CRV fully explored Gunrunners' Creek.
                              • Command Center completed in Santiago Citadel. Production switched back to a colony pod.

Sparta MY 2108 presend

Comment

Working...
                              X