The Mess Tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Mess Tent

Sorta like a cybercafe - where we put everything that doesn't quite fit anywhere else.

Talking of which, do we agree that we need:

> A turn reporting thread, where the turnplayer can post a pre-send .sav for final comments and adjustments (obviously units already moved cannot be re-moved)

> an orders thread, or pre-turn discussion thead, where we can put orders (suggestions?) to the turnplayer for whatever needs doing

(I'd just open these threads, but don't want to foist my views on everyone without discussion - that's essentially how the CyCon and the Drones operated in the last game and it seemed to work really well)

G.

Agreed on both suggestions. We should also create "the Spartan Battle Manual" thread that Maniac was talking about on Aimoo, where we can gather in-depth analysis of gameplay as the Spartans.
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I have authorised Kassi to post news. Does anyone else need to post news too?

I agree with both of those threads. We will be needing them.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I thought we are all authorized to post news? It read "You can post news" even when I hadn't been authorized.
        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I think he means "authorized to give out official faction news". Anyway, yes, I agree that we need those two threads, plus the "Spartan Battle Manual".

Comment

I took the liberty of commencing the recruitment thread (as a "Colonel's Log" startrek sort of thing).

I can edit it to empty if anyone else wants to do a more traditional recruitment thread

see: here

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
              I think he means "authorized to give out official faction news".
              Ah, that does sound like my turf.

Comment

As a faction, do we have most Dieties and Emperors in our ranks?

(we should ask Kody to run a postcount for each faction)

Comment

And I've promoted myself from clerk to the Junta to Recording Officer of the Junta

Comment

Originally posted by Googlie
                    I took the liberty of commencing the recruitment thread (as a "Colonel's Log" startrek sort of thing).

I can edit it to empty if anyone else wants to do a more traditional recruitment thread

see: here
                    I'm more than happy with your write-up.

I was thinking of the Spartan newspaper myself. I'd like to run that one. We need a name, and I was thinking of something properly elegant and militarist. The Phalanx is my first suggestion, in honour of the battle-winning spearman formation of the ancient age and to remember those courageous soldiers who have defeated entire battleships with just spears and shields.

Comment

Rereading it, you are a newseditor, so apparently you can insert propaganda into news that other people post.

For the newspaper name, we could use the name of the Myrmidons. These are the elite bodyguards of Colonel Santiago in the book Centauri Dawn. They also sound suitably formidable.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Okay googlie, but at the moment there's not much to count in other factions.

Also I was wondering if I could sneak a spam peek at your offsite forum.
                        Last edited by Kody; June 26, 2004, 23:22.

Comment

sure - it's here. password is Morea

I'll also PM you the url and password of the Morgan one I set up before I switched factions - they set up another a few days ago and pretty much copied everything to it, and you prolly have that url, but it woulodn't harm to have both

G.

Comment

Thanks Googlie

Comment

Ah, The Myrmidones, "famous for their blind and remorseless loyalty to their leaders". Sounds like the perfect elite bodyguard. The propaganda leaflet paper name as such would probably be The Myrmidone, then, a singular suits a newspaper better.

Comment

Working...
                              X