This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

damn... they look a lot better when enlarged
    the píss yellow one actually looks gold and the last one looks a bit bronzy.

i figure, we'd need different sizes anyway. this size for the civgroup icon (but not everyone can join the civgroup!) and a larger one for whatever thread/website we should have in the future...

so, i hope i'll get some discussions about the AU award system going...

cheers!
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

24 hours --- no comment?
      - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
      - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

I'd again like to suggest that as many people as possible post in the two AU HoFs... maybe having a collection of saves to 'judge' will inspire us to move towards some clarity re awards.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Yes. Post your saves in the HoF!

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
            Im in the process of redoing AU 501 ;0
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Bump. And Markos, could you top this thread?

Comment

I have asked Markos, and he has said that we could get AU items at the Apolyton store. All we need is a design. So, everyone, lurker or active, post ALL of your ideas. Colour schemes, general looks, font, size, ANYTHING!

Comment

By Introduction Courses, I mean courses that focus on basics things, like pillaging, REXing, early rushing, and things like that. Essentially, we could have two courses for each lesson. The first course, would almost have a guide of some sorts, so you could really learn how to do the lesson. The next course, you would do it totally on your own, to see if you learnt anything.

Well, I'd rather not do a point system, as that seems really quite competitive to me. My idea was to have it closer to MZO's version, and then tweaking the voting ones (Best DAR) around a bit.

Thanks. I decided this after a few things happened.
                  I think this is a direction in which the AU needs to go. With the introduction courses a teacher would be recruited in which the topic would be covered in detail. Following the course materials would be a short scenario (50-100 turns) designed by the teacher to maximize the potential of the course.

As for awards, I'd prefer if the AU handeed out degrees for certian achievements. e.g. a basic degree for an epic regent win, a bachlor degree for a victory on emperor, ect. No big thing just something so that some distinction could be made between the lecturers and students.
                  * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                  * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                  * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                  * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

I've just posted the AU504 start in the HoF. Hopefully it will be approved soon and you can all post your games there.

I think it's only for stock rules though
                    So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                    Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Even though it's topped, it'll get people's attention.

BUMP!

Comment

Working...
                      X