Update on ACDGIII progress 23 June 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on ACDGIII progress 23 June 2004

Information to send to MarkG + nice message.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    Public Forum:
    ACDGIII - moderator: Drogue, Method

Private Forum:
    ACDG Spartans - moderator: Skanky Burns
    ACDG Gaians - moderator: obstructor
    ACDG Morgan - moderator: AndiD
    ACDG Data Angels - moderator: Hercules
    ACDG CMNs - moderator: Kody

The Current ACDG and private forums will be archived.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

Things completed
    The following tasks have been allocated
    Creater=Buster
    Mods=Drogue with method as 2nd in command
    Narrators=Kody & Honghu

* Buster has completed the map.
    (The amount of stuff we have finalised is shocking isn't it)

Things to do
    * Private Forums

* Finialise Rules

* Distribute Passwords

* ACDG introduction thread

* News item for old ACDG

* News item on new ACDG - (use the propoganda poster)

* Turn tracking thread - move it to the new forum and top

* Team Pledge - Finalise it

* Summary of the last game - job open to anyone (Honghu do you want to do it?)
    Last edited by Kody; June 25, 2004, 06:09.

Kody, I am NOT a candidate for the mod role.
    He who knows others is wise.
    He who knows himself is enlightened.
    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Are you currently having an election for the position?
      Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
      Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Kody, I am not sure Gaians will make it to the game with this rate of activity.
        SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
          Are you currently having an election for the position?
          Team members are informed that they can post their choice in the Angel Private Forum, and there is a candidate sofar. We only need sufficient support voices for the candidate.
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

obstructor:

Okay you can have Honghu back.

Comment

This has nothing to do with HongHu.
              The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Re: Update on ACDGIII progress 23 June 2004

Originally posted by Kody
                moderator: Geomodder, until he proves otherwise
                GeoModder simply can't be the forum moderator unless the Angels want to be without one for nine weeks.
                Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Well maybe Drogue and Method could tide the angels over.

I mean what's wrong with the moderator adding people and doing thread topping etc.

Comment

You are going against wills of faction, by suggesting candidates yourself. Only one faction has sofar decided the mod.

Comment

Going against the wills of the factions suggests I've already sent this, which I haven't. I feel that things needed a little nudge.

I have a hunch we're reached the point where things really will start going downhill participation wise if we wait much longer. It's things like the fact people are spending lots of their time browsing and reiterating arguements in the old private forum. The fact that the Gaians dropped out of the mini-game. The fact that people had stopped asking how this game was progressing, and concentrating on spamming. The spam threads that are regularly turning up etc. The fact that the PBEM regulars that are also ACDG players have started picking up extra PBEMs.

The forum leader issue was first brought up quite a while ago, but was quickly dismissed. It was brought up again and everyone said they started polls. I don't think that it's a big deal really. How hard would it be to get the forum leader changed at a later date? What prompted me to say something was the fact I knew Drogue wouldn't be inclined to bother MarkG until all the details were sorted.

Comment

I for one support Kody's initiative.

If we wait too much longer people won't be bothered joining and will have moved on. If we wait for the slower factions to get their act together, the active members of all teams will slowly drift away.

If we do things now though, interest will pick up quickly. Those teams who have yet to choose their mod can do so and get an admin to transfer power from the temp mod to the chosen mod with the ACDG mods helping where appropriate to keep things running smoothly.

Lets just start the bloody thing already?
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
                          Well maybe Drogue and Method could tide the angels over.

I mean what's wrong with the moderator adding people and doing thread topping etc.
                          While we can mod private forums, we cannot add new players. Nor would I want to. Whether or not to accept a player is up to the team leader.

I support the initiative, and we do want to get started soon, but let the teams decide their candidate.

How long is needed? Chaunk say's he can tell me tomorrow. Gaians and Angels?
                          Smile
                          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

My observation is that any game setup that involves the input from a vast number of people, all of whom have different preferences, will descend into chaos unless there is a ‘manager’ that is ultimately responsible for (eg – owns) that game. I’ve been party to too many games (Star Fleet Battles campaigns, primarily) where every nit and tittle was negotiated ad nausium, resulting in a great deal of wasted time, friction, apathy, and a plain vanilla game that nobody liked.

I recommend that a Moderator (aka – ACDGIII Dictator) be placed in charge of ACDG III immediately. This dictator will then be responsible for the finalizing details of the rules for game setup and game relationships, and for delegating tasks such as map setup to others. The Moderator/Dictator will also be responsible for establishing DATES for posting of final rules and turn submittals, and will act as judge if there are intra-faction and extra-faction disputes.

The hypothetical Moderator may solicit the opinions of game members, but at the pre-set date will present the setup and ACDG rules, which are FINAL. If potential members don’t like it then they can leave, but I’d bet that most people will accept them (and be relieved that the unending chaos and flux are over). After all, we all realize that compromises have to be made, right?

I have no opinion on who will take on the likely thankless and hard task as Moderator of ACDG (you have my sympathy, and support). There are many well qualified and experienced candidates.

Hydro

Comment

I fear Drogue will give too little time since he has no clue what is happening on this forums.
                              Last edited by Illuminatus; June 23, 2004, 13:26.

Comment

Working...
                              X