Revolutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Revolutions

Is there any serious work going on to create a Revolution MOD?

I always thought Civ3 needed some kind of revolution-event (a la CtP). Something to allow distant/corrupt/"abused" colonies and regions to declare their independence. Or even cooler, for a dead civ to rise up, Phoenix-like, from the ruins of its humiliation!
    "The human race would have perished long ago if its preservation had depended only on the reasoning of its members." - Rousseau
    "Vorwärts immer, rückwärts nimmer!" - Erich Honecker
    "If one has good arms, one will always have good friends." - Machiavelli

That's not possible in the current game engine. Pray for its inclusion in CivIV.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

An excellent idea, something I always liked. I hope we see it.
      "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
      "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
      2004 Presidential Candidate
      2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

The problem with it in CTP2 was that when a city rebeled all the units inside were automatically killed and the next turn you could retake it Even when a slaveuprising occurs it usually only consists of a few archers or other lesser units...easily squashed. It could also be buggy if it occurred too often.

Hopefully they'll get it right in civ4! (or better yet fix it in the ctp2 sourcecode project )
        "

Comment

I remember the slave revolts of ctp2, higly annoying and not very realistic(!).

Ok, I like the general idea of cities, even regions revolting but in ctp the there were exactly 0% change of a slave revolt if you had enough units in the city(1 unit per 3 slaves I think), once you got under the treshold (like 19 slaves and 6 units) you would get a revolt with 100% certainity. Hello? From 0 to 100% after adding just one slave? The idea would have been much better had they used some percentage instead.

The ideal would probably been a combination between the CF model of civ3 and the revolts of ctp2, both are interesting concepts but both are flawed in their implementation.

Edit: a typo..
          Don't eat the yellow snow.

Comment

Working...
          X