No announcement yet.

Open Book PBEM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can wait Quango. I'm not at home either.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Better to e-mail to to MWIA and post it here.
      Gives me a better opportunity to adminslap any egrerious errors.

Comment

um... not much on this turn. moving cp, build next turn.
        chose cent ecol, 3 turns.

Quango
        Attached Files

Comment

Turn's here. Moved the foil out a little bit more. Didn't rush foils. Thought I'd wait one more turn then rush both. Not sure if I really needed three foils though. Hmmm ...

I've chosen IN, since nobody's researching it yet, and it is one that's needed for IA beeline. Thought some may be interested.
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

No MWIA email in this thread. Anybody has it?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

*grumble*
              /me goes back to the chat room

Comment

Ok, opened save.

HongHu, why do I have to push enter for your password, then end your turn before starting my own turn? Are we supposed to do that or are we NOT supposed to end the turn...?

Got CentEmp, choose BioGen. I figure ít'll be good to get the chance at the HGP (having learned about using AAs for rushing SPs... oh wait... no AAs... ).

Labs back to 70% for the 2-turn tech. Scout aims west, can't get there in one turn.

Retool both bases to formers. Lose 3 mins each in the process.

That's it.

Email is granvisimo AT student DOT vuw DOT ac DOT NZ
                Attached Files
                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  HongHu, why do I have to push enter for your password, then end your turn before starting my own turn? Are we supposed to do that or are we NOT supposed to end the turn...?

Email is granvisimo AT student DOT vuw DOT ac DOT NZ
                  Yes. You should not press "end turn", rather leave it so the player following you can see what you're doing. That's Enigma's rule as I understand it.

My turn:

Built 2nd base! Last person to do so. A3: Zaphod Beeblebrox. The radioactivity has sprouted a second head on my shoulders. (In the theme of "open book", my bases will have my favorite fictional characters. The A's being from my favorite book, Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.)

My settings are fine. Cent Ecol next turn now.

I set A3 to cp, but will change to formers next turn.

I moved my scout back to A4. Forget the fungus.

Q
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some suggestions for current turns:

MrWhereItsAt:
                    Spoiler:

You could have rushed the formers so that they'd complete next turn.
                    ECs are used to switch SEs and to rush stuff, and by going Biogenetics I presume you're not out for a SE change.

HongHu:
                    Spoiler:

Being a tech broker, you want to sell tech to people that need it.
                    MWIA already has InfNets.
                    It would have been better to go Industrial Base since it would be longer until you meet Quango than when you meet MWIA.
                    A better first tech might be Applied Physics. Also a tech MWIA has, but useful in taking Mt. Planet and the Monsoon Jungle.

Gun foil decision: You save ECs, but since you'll get the EC boon by selling your techs then it would have got you more ECs to rush the foil.

Comment

Oy! True about your spoiler. I'm just not thinking properly when rushing through PBEMs like this one.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Yes MWIA I had the same surprise at the first Open Book thread. Clearly you didn't read the answer to my question.

And Enigma, oops. I need to get a list of who has which tech currently, obviously.

If I'm not around and somebody wants to play my turn, please go ahead. The next turn is very simple. Move the foil further away, and rush both foils. Make sure I have stockpile in the queue.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

/me mutters something derisive about "non number crunchers"

Who has what tech:
                          Cult: SocPsy, CentEco
                          Quango: IB
                          Hive: DocLoy
                          MWIA: InfNets, AppPhys
                          Gaians: CentEco
                          Believers: SocPsy
                          HongHu: Doc:Mob, Doc:Flex

MWIA is researching BioGenetics
                          Quango is researching CentEco
                          HongHu should probably be researching ProgPsych/IB/AppPhys (depending).

Comment

48 hours.
                            I'll play it.

Comment

Foil moved closer to Yang
                              Both foils rushed.
                              One will go to Quango, the other to Cult.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks you so much Enigma. Really appreciated the tech list. Was lost somewhere else.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                                X