Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Foreign Affairs Guy 1863AD - Friends or Foes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foreign Affairs Guy 1863AD - Friends or Foes?

We have contact with 5 other civs

Celts - Neutral towards us
    Zulus - Icy towards us
    Egyptians - Hostile towards us
    Persians - Hostile towards us
    Sioux - Icy towards us

Our reputation is Spotless and our power is Weak

For some reason it says we are at Peace with the Egyptians but not the others, whereas I KNOW we talked with the Persians just last turn...

My question is simple: we have no techs to trade, it is extremely unlikely we will get any maps ( I can't recall a Civ2 game where an AI agreed to map trading anyway...), and war is not something we want to declare right now.

Is it worth contacting any of these civs?

Keep in mind that at the higher levels (like the Deity we are on) the AI is quite hostile and likely to declare war. This is compounded by our weakness relative to them.

3 day poll, and it's multi-option. Choose the civs you think we should talk to (and preferably, let us know what you think we should be talking to them ABOUT), or choose the option to keep the Foreign Offices closed for the time being.
    Or the Big Fat Yellow option.
    Celts
    26.32%
    Persians
    15.79%
    Egyptians
    10.53%
    Zulus
    10.53%
    Sioux
    21.05%
    None of them
    0.00%
    The Mysterious and hitherto undiscovered Civ where Bananas originated (where was that anyway?)
    15.79%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

I voted for contacting the Celts, Sioux and Persians.
    However, I would like to clarify below:
    Celts: We shouldn't contact them until after we have delivered the Caravan. Then, if they are still "Neutral" or better, we should request peace and if accepted, perhaps alliance? We should try to trade techs, and maps (I don't expect either to work...but I want to at least try).

Persians: They are "Hostile" right now, so I would like to see if we can wait and see if their attitude returns to a more peaceful one (Neutral or Receptive). Then I would like us to contact them and request exchanging techs or maps. Perhaps we could sugges Peace with them as well.

Sioux: I voted for contacting the Soux, and they are likely to declare war (given their attitude and general nature) but as Minister of War I would like a target, so the Sioux sound like a good first target. (Though I hope with Gunpowder and Monotheism that our City Planner will be advocating Muskateers and Crusaders in the Colonies or this could be a short war!). If they don't declare war, we could ask for a tech and map exchange as well.

As they Zulus are so clearly supreme, I think they should be avoided at this time. Also, as the Egyptians are at peace with us and our only trade partner, I think we should leave them alone as well for now.

btw, the order of contact is the order I have listed them (Celts/Persians/Sioux).
    "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I voted for the Celts. Civs that are "icy" or "hostile" to us just seem too likely to declare war. That may be useful later when we are ready to attack someone, but not for now.

I also agree that we should deliver the Caravan to the Celts before officially contacting them.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
      Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
      Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
      Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I have noted that civilisations are more inclined to trade maps if they worship you...... this can be achieved by giving gifts, still my philospoy is if you dont ask you dont get. Contact them all, even the hostile ones as they still have to find us ayway
        "the bigger the smile, the sharper the knife"
        "Every now and again, declare peace. it confuses the hell out of your enemies."

Comment

That depends on the situation.

Best to avoid contact if you think they are going to declare war on you immediately.

I don't think we should contact anyone until we get ourselves on a firmer foundation.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Given our situation, I would hesitate to invite war by any civ.
            Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
            Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
            Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
            Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Working...
            X