The Undecided

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Undecided

Now that school is over and I have more time on my hands I decided to check up on good old Poly, and much to my surprise the nostalgia of the old ACDG overwhelmed me, so here I am again, back for another round.

But... I am undecided as to what faction I should join. Here is your opportunity to convince me, as well as other potential participants, why your faction is the faction to join.

P.S.
    Could someone give me access to the former faction forums?
    You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Join the Spartans.

We have a solid core of gameplay experts.
    We have a solid core of roleplay experts.

We may not have enough people though, so we could always use more.
    [Insert something here about momentum play].
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Morgan is the only sane choice (that's why I'm throwing in my lot with them)

Goals:

> Pursuit of excellence in SMAC/X multiplaying
      > Unfettered research
      > Building for prosperity
      > positioning our faction to win by any of the allowable methods, at our choosing

These will be achieved by:

> Fostering a team environment that values the contribution of each individual
      > Everyone contributing to the best of their ability
      > Guaranteed employment for all shareholders
      > Opportunities to shine in base management
      > a real opportunity to make a difference

through mechanisms such as:

> a "thinking outside the box" approach to SMAC/X playing that offers challenge and satisfaction to jaded PBEMers
      > a minigame (game within the game) whereby shareholders invest in entrepreneurs and in bases
      > an organizational structure that emphasizes contribution and results

What more could one want?

Googlie

Comment

Join the mods,

You can have temples built in your name.
        You can cause earthquakes, Fungus blooms.
        You can read the strategy of every faction.
        You can see the meta game in all its entirety
        You can cause political situations, by nudging factions in the right direction.

What more could you want?

PS: I couldn't resist you guys sounded so funny to me.
        By the way Voltaire loves politics and the study of human state, that's the way to his heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Kody
          Join the mods,

You can have temples built in your name.
          You can cause earthquakes, Fungus blooms.
          You can read the strategy of every faction.
          You can see the meta game in all its entirety
          You can cause political situations, by nudging factions in the right direction.

What more could you want?

PS: I couldn't resist you guys sounded so funny to me.
          By the way Voltaire loves politics and the study of human state, that's the way to his heart.
          Don't tempt me.
          You can only curse me to eternal damnation for so long!

Comment

Kody:You can cause political situations, by nudging factions in the right direction.
            On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Hey, dont forget the free whore, thats critical.

Comment

I shouldn't have made that comment, that's going to haunt me for a while.

Comment

Oh heck, anyone can play Morgan and win. Anyone who would play the Spartans ought instead to join the Bush campaign. And who wants to play some silly SMAX faction?

Dee is hot. It's just that simple.

Comment

Plus you can still study the human state in the Gaians.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

But just think! In the Data Angels, you'd be able to study the human state, while at the same time studying the contents of all the other factions' datalinks! And consider all the useful virtual reality experiments you could undertake! Why dance naked under the trees when you can do it in 128-terabyte living color?
                      Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

Anyone who can distinguish between 32-bit is a master.
                        I'd settle at most for 64-bit to keep my processors efficient.

No need to be as clunky and slow as the CyCon. Spam is illogical.

Comment

Morgan might be an interesting team, but I'm not sure about how to play the minigame.
                          As for everyone managing a base, that could get inefficient. It's the source of Sven's -1 Effic penalty!
                          "Thinking outside the box" to SMAC... how would that work?

Mind you, there's too much Spam in Sparta - I mean, Skanky's there. What more proof do you need?

Is there a current members list for each faction?

Comment

I believe the list in Tass's thread is fairly current.

And on a more sober note, the Angels are really a faction you can do anything with. Morgan needs his money to win, Santiago needs her guns, Deirdre needs her psi. Roze can take any path to victory, and on top of that she has probes to confound her opponents! (Proof of this is the debate going on right now in the Angel private forum about which SE choices are best for the Angels. You can really go all of a heck of a lot of different ways.)
                            Adam T. Gieseler

Comment

You've got -1 police and good probes, so go FM.

With FM, then Dem's a good pick, and with FM/Dem it's a choice of Industy/Econ (Wealth) vs. Effic/Research (Knowledge).

Comment

Working...
                              X