Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schedule Downtime on Friday, June 18

The following from our server hardware&network provider, Ev1Servers:

After an extensive review of our entire power supply and distribution system after the damage on Saturday we have found one PDU (Power distribution unit), the equipment that sits between the UPS and client servers, that needs significant repair and/or replacement. The parts required, including a cold spare, are on site and standing by.

Though this unit is still functioning, initial evaluations and scans indicate that it is not operating within acceptable parameters. We feel that there is a greater risk by NOT doing the maintenance and/or replacement as soon as possible. Being in control of the process (being proactive) would be much better than being reactive in an emergency situation.

This means that on Friday, June 18 at around 02:00 Apolyton Time (07:00 GMT) Settler II will go offline. According to Ev1Servers the estimated duration of the downtime will be 2 hours.

Additional downtime will occur on Saturday morning (GMT) for our own check-up after last weekend's incident and regular maintainance.

Apologies in advance for the lack of service.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

I'm not awake then, so that's perfect

Comment

Originally posted by Zopperoni
      I'm not awake then, so that's perfect
      That's exactly what I was thinking

Comment

Hmm, thats midday here.

Cool, I'm not awake then either!
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I am awake
          Man, how can I start the day if I can't start poly first
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. Informing others who don't bother to read the A/C forum now.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Settler II should be connected to a generator or something if the power fails.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

How comes that there are so many problems with the server? Is poly.net really asking that much from the server?

Comment

2 hours downtime, I hope that's it, first thing for me (for a proper day) start with Polly............

But I agree with them, better now a bit of downtime, than later couple of ours

Comment

I'm on my way to last "schoolday" then, to get my grades and such, so no worry...

Now, on saturday morning(that'll be poly time I guess?), it'll be midday here, that's more of a problem...
                    Last edited by Nikolai; June 17, 2004, 06:16.
                    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Poly has gone ages without a problem. If two hours downtime is the price to pay for it not crashing horribly and being unavailable for days, that is a price I am willing to pay. Particularly when those 2 hours are during a period of hardly any activity on the site.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Amen!
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10

Comment

Why not do it 2 hours earlier.........?
                          When I'm sleeping

Comment

That's exactly the reason... It's a world wide conspiracy.

AND it obviously suits Ev1Servers...

Comment

Oh NO! I jsut scheduled a turnchat for around that time!

This affects the chat server as well of course?

/me will have to draw up emergency DALnet plans... in his sleep
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X