No announcement yet.

What Factions get what Secret Projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Factions get what Secret Projects?

Okay, so let's just say that in real life all 14 factions are sitting on ALpha Centauri. So what projects will the factions build?

I mean, in real life, you'd never see someone like Morgan doing the weather paridigm or something stupid like that, so, in your expert opinions, what factions would build what secret projects.

Originally, when I didn't have crossfire, I thought a good way to determine this was by quotes. Whoever said the quote during the movie got the project. Overall, it worked pretty good, until crossfire came. And, at least to me, it didn't make sense to have Morgan make the Network Backbone, or Dieidre the Telepathic Matrix and Empath Guild (more like the peacekeepers). So anyway, your opinions please...

Also keep in mind that overall, it should be balanced, so like, don't have the University getting 12 projects and the HIve getting 1 (even though that would probably happen anyway...)

Human Genome Project - University
    Command Nexus - Spartans or Hive
    Weather Paradigm - Gaians or Drones (for quite different reasons)
    Merchant Exchange - Morgan or Drones
    Empath Guild - Gaians or Peacekeepers
    Citizens' Defense Force - Peacekeepers or Drones
    Virtual World - Hive or Angels (I think the University is too tied to this reality, to truly enjoy other realities...)
    Planetary Transit System - Drones or Hive
    Xenoempathy Dome - Gaians or Cult
    Neural Amplifier - University or Gaians
    Maritime Control Center - Spartans or Pirates
    Planetary Datalinks - Peacekeepers or Angels
    Supercollider - University or CyC
    Ascetic Virtues - Believers or Morgan
    Longevity Vaccine - Morgan or University
    Hunter-Seeker Algorithm - University, CyC or Morgan (Angels, no, it'd be like cheating to them)
    Pholus Mutagen - Gaians or Cult
    Cyborg Factory - University or Angels (fight by wire...)
    Theory of Everything - University or CyC
    Dream Twister - Gaians or Cult
    Universal Translator - University or CyC
    Network Backbone - Morgan or Angels
    Nano Factory - Any bar Believer/Cult
    Living Refinery - Any
    Cloning Vats - CyC or Hive
    Self-Aware Colony - Any bar Believer/Cult
    Clinical Immortality - Morgan or University
    Space Elevator - Morgan or Drones
    Singularity Inductor - University
    Bulk Matter Transmitter - ?
    Telepathic Matrix - Hive or Gaians (seriously, what other citizens would be willing to share each others pain?)
    Voice of Planet - Gaians or Cult
    Ascent to Transcendence - ?
    Manifold Harmonics - Gaians or Cult
    Nethack Terminus - Angels
    Cloudbase Academy - Spartans
    Planetary Energy Grid - Morgan

It's pretty interesting really, a SP like the Command Nexus would be ideal for Spartans or Hive, but the Angels or Pirates would hate it due to their anarchist nature.
    The Gaians would like the Empath Guild, because it is in their nature to try to understand others. The Peacekeepers like it become their motivation is semi-covert manipulation and control.
    When building the space elevator the Morgans would be thinking about Commercialization of space - being the ultimate capitalists, while the Drones want to build the tallest structure on planet - being the ultimate builders.
    While Morgan would want the Merchant Exchange to control the market, the Drones would want it to prevent them being controlled.
    The Hive doesn't mind the Cloning vats, because they don't value the individual, the CyC because they don't value the meat.

Comment

1. Human Genome Project - University of Planet. HUMAN is the operative word. I don't see the CyCon as caring so much about it.

2. Command Nexus - Spartan Federation. Santiago would probalby want a command center in each base to help lead her armies.

3. Weather Paradigm - Gaia's Stepdaughters or the Free Drones. Deirdre for her eco-friendliness and planting forests, or Domai with his industry-run-amok.

4. Merchant Exchange - Morgan Industries. Would probably be the "Wall Street of Planet".

5. Empath Guild - Gaia's Stepdaughters. Their empaths would probably be able to seek out the other factions before anyone else.

6. Citizens' Defense Force - Spartan Federation or the Human Hive.

(Santiago would probably want to establish a perimeter for her bases. Her voice is the one who speaks when you create the Perimeter Defense. Yang would probably be the more obvious choice because each base starts with a Perimeter Defense and his "security minded to the extreme" would probably push him to establish a firm perimeter for his cities)

7. Virtual World - (agree with Blake) Human Hive or Data Angels. In the movie and the quote, it is the honorable Sheng-ji Yang who speaks about the Virtual World...it would probably be a good way to keep his subjects inline. Roze would probably build it as a form of escapism for the Angles and would use it purely for pleasure.

8. Planetary Transit System - Peacekeepers or Morgans. Peacekeepers I see as always moving, so they would probably want to create come kind of transportation method to establish new bases as well as having it's ever expanding populace able to find new homes. Morganites because they would probably have the most capital to actually fund this project.

9. Xenoempathy Dome - (agreed with Blake) Gaians or Cult. Both are Eco-friendly nuts.

10. Neural Amplifier - Morganites or University.

11. Maritime Control Center - Pirates. They live on water!!!

12. Planetary Datalinks - Angels. Their ability to hack almost every system would probably give them the edge to gain the tech.

13. Supercollider - University. Need I say more?

14. Ascetic Virtues - Hive or Believers. Yang would probably push his citizens to lead the ascetic life...he is, after all, the man with the quote. Believers probably would push for this "doctrine" because they probably wouldn't have much in the first place.

15. Longevity Vaccine - University-Morgan combo. I see the Morganites funding University research into finding longevity for Nwabudike.

16. Hunter-Seeker Algorithm - CyCon. Their computer logic would probably find a way to destroy any two-bit hackjob.

17. Pholus Mutagen - (agreed with Blake). Gaian's or Cult.

18. Cyborg Factory - CyCon. They are, after all, part computer.

19. Theory of Everything - University. 'Nuff said.

20. Dream Twister - Gaians. Their empaths would probably excel in this.

21. Universal Translator - CyCon-University combo. The University and CyCon would probably put their brains together to try and decipher any language.

22. Network Backbone - University-Morgan cooperative. The Morganites would probably try to establish some kind of deal to use the Universities labs and try to get some EC's off of them.

23. Nano Factory - Spartans. Santiago's lust for her warmachine would probably want to have hertry and keep them all operating at peak efficiency.

24. Living Refinery - CyCon. They could establish complex AI algorithms to help aid in their industry.

25. Cloning Vats - Hive. Sheng-ji Yang's pursuit of the "perfect" citizen.

26. Self-Aware Colony - University. I can see only the University as having the brain power to try and pull this off.

27. Clinical Immortality - University-Morgan combo. Would probably tie in with the Longevity Vaccine.

28. Space Elevator - Peacekeepers. I have no idea why...

29. Singularity Inductor - University or CyCon. It's too damn complicated for anyone else to get running besides these two!

30. Bulk Matter Transmitter - (agreed with Blake) ?

31. Telepathic Matrix - "Hive or Gaians (seriously, what other citizens would be willing to share each others pain?)" Exactly.

32. Voice of Planet - Cult...with Gaians running a close second.

33. Ascent to Transcendence - (agreed) ?

34. Manifold Harmonics - The Caretakers.

35. Nethack Terminus - Angels

36. Cloudbase Academy - Drones. I don't know why.....but the Spartans would probably be next on my list.

37. Planetary Energy Grid - Morgan. Ultimate pursuit of wealth.
      Last edited by Frankychan; June 16, 2004, 15:41.
      Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
      Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
      *****Citizen of the Hive****
      "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Okay, so I read your posts, and over all I'm in agreement. But a few I have a little disagreement, like for example the planetary transit system and cloning vats...

Human Genome--University--Even though peacekeepers might have a more reasonable interest in this project, the University has an interest in discovery, so definitely Zak

Command Nexus--Spartans--I think this is obvious, but maybe not. Santiago would surely think that this was for survival, and militant applications.

Weather Paradigm--Gaians--Dieidre seems to be interested in cooperating with the planet, so definitely got to give this to the green party. I really honestly do not see why the Drones would get this. All they care about is "worker emancipation".

Merchant Exchange--Morgan--If it gives money, Morgan gets it.

Empath Guild--Gaians--I think you guys were right about the empaths, but I also think that Lal might want this for the votes, not that he needs any more.

Citizens' Defense Force--Gaians--THis is a hard one too. At first I would think Spartans, but on second thought, I believe that the Gaians, having more respect for the planet and understanding it, would not be arrogant and would take measures to defend themselves against mindworms.

Virtual World--Hive--Yang is really interesting into making a perfect society, I by having a virtual world, he probably could do it a lot better. Yes, the University would get more of an advantage, but I just don't think it's in their interests.

Planetary Transit System--Believers--I can see Lal or Aki-Zeta doing this, but I think that the believers would like it better to expand quickly and spread their belief. After all, the do think the planet is their promise land, hence the reason they get -1 planet rating.

Xenoempathy Dome--Gaians--True, the Cult likes the planet as well, but I don't think they are interested in infastructure or technology, so I doubt the would build it. Besides, Dieidre is more for cooperating with the planet, not simply killing anyone who doesn't like it like Cha Dawn does.

Neural Amplifier--Spartans--While the Gaians might be interested more in mindworms, I believe the Spartans would be more interested in actually fighting them. It seems to me that the spartans have more interests than simply militaries and fighting. They are more based on surviving, and this certainly helpful to survival on planet. Not to mention the fact that Santiago did state it herself...

Maritime Control Center--Spartans--Yes, it seems more that the pirates would get this one, but I honestly don't think the Pirates are interested in any secret projects at all, more or less they simply want freedom of the seas. They don't actually have any military will, but the spartans do.

Planetary Datalinks--Peacekeepers--Perhaps the Angels more rightfully earn this one, but they already practically get the advantage anyway, and they don't appear to be interested in power, which in my opinion, includes projects. I think that this more rightfully fits Lal, and possibly Zakhorav, since they both appear to believe in freedom of people and information, especially Lal since he still thinks that the UN actually exists.

Supercollider--University--I think Zakhorav is the only person who would even care.

Ascetic Virtues--Hive--The +1 police says it all. Yang very much strongly believes in control, and in teaching people to respect their masters, to let others control their lives, something that this project certainly emphasizes.

Longevity Vaccine--Morgan--While the advantages probably benefit planned economists better, Morgan just seems to be the person that would do something like that. Besides, Morgan, being a business man, would like to make the extra cash, and probably would like to live for ever, un like the other faction leaders, with a few exceptions.

Hunter-Seeker Algorithm--Angels--I find it something that the Angels would do, since they love security so much, and since they have no other idealogies except probe teams.

Pholus Mutagen--Gaians--For the same reasons as the Xenoempathy Dome.

Cyborg Factory--Cyborgs--The world Cyborg in the name says it all, but also, the cyborgs, except maybe the Spartans, are the only faction interested in enhancing human bodies, instead of just giving them really good weapons.

Theory of Everything--University--Again, I honestly don't think anyone except Zak would even give a care about this one.

Dream Twister--Spartans--Same reasons for the Neural Amplifier. Yes, the gaians probably have the rightful ownership to this one, but I just don't think the gaians are in to putting people through torture to increase their morale against mindworms. After all, the gaians do get -1 morale because they don't care about militaries, and the Spartans are all out for protecting against the planet and survival.

Universal Translator--University--I honestly think only they would be interested.

Network Backbone--Morgan--While doing a cybernetic society probably isn't Morgans cup of tea, I still think that it is something Morgan is interested in, since it gives extra commerce, something that I just don't think fits the University.

Nano Factory--Spartans--Only Santiago would give this much thought to a military.

Living Refinery--Morgan--While a conquer project probably doesn't fit Morgan's personality, especially one that gives positive support ratings, because it is one that refines life to a better level and takes industry to other places, I think that Morgan has the interest to do this.

Cloning Vats--Spartans--Only they would believe in making Superwarriors, and since they do power and thought control. Except for maybe the growth benifits, it would fit them well.

Self-Aware Colony--Cyborgs--Cyborgs, Self-Aware machines, they're all the same.

Clinical Immortality--Peacekeepers--I think that it is only right that the Unity Surgeon get this one. Besides, Lal would love the extra talents and votes.

Space Elevator--University--I think that only they would have the interest.

Singularity Inductor--University--Again, only Zakhorav would give a hoot about this one.

Bulk Matter Transmitter--Morgan--A toughy, but I think that Morgan, except for maybe Zakhorav, is the only one who might be interested.

Telepathic Matrix--Gaians--Why not? Besides, the Gaians are the ones that believe in a beautiful world.

Voice of Planet--University--Again, only ones interested.

Ascent to Transcendance--?????--I can see the University, Usurpers, and a whole bunch of other factions going for this one.

Manifold Harmonics--Caretakers--Need I say more?

Nethhack Terminus--Angels--While many factions might like this one, the Angels are the only ones who would truly like the benifits.

Cloudbase Academy--Drones--Why? I don't know. I just don't think that the Spartans would have the industry to do this one, and no one else the interest.

Planetary Energy Grid--Cult--I know this sounds stupid, but only Cha Dawn has every talked about energy flows and stuff, not Morgan. Besides, the kid needs to get at least one project.

I have noticed that for each choice I have made, except for the Self-Aware Colony, and maybe the Bulk Matter Transmitter, whoever said the quote got the project. So I think my theory still holds true...

Comment

I can't say for who gets the others, but the most thematically Morganite SPs are:

Merchant Exchange
          Planetary Energy Grid
          Longevity Vaccine

As for the later Projects, whoever researches them first will get them.

Comment

I can't believe everyone got this one wrong. Hands down, Spartans get Ascetic Virtues. Geez!

Comment

I always thought Cheese Dong would lurch his way into The Manifold Harmonics ... and then wouldn't the other factions tremble?

Comment

Well, what exactly do "Ascetic Virtues" mean? I still believe that the Hive should get this one. Spartans don't care about virtues, all they care about is survival and superior warriors...

Comment

as·cet·ic
                  n.

A person who renounces material comforts and leads a life of austere self-discipline, especially as an act of religious devotion.

adj.

1. Leading a life of self-discipline and self-denial, especially for spiritual improvement. See Synonyms at severe.
                  2. Pertaining to or characteristic of an ascetic; self-denying and austere: an ascetic existence.
                  I think it's a pretty obvious one for Believers or Hive, good for the leaders because the people tolerate more.

ed: Also should be pretty obvious why it's not for the Spartans - they ALREADY renounce material comforts. I still think it's a good choice for Morganites, prehaps as a kind of "New New Age" movement.

Comment

So I think, with that new information, that we can conclude the advantage does not go to the Spartans. Between the two, Hive and Believers, I'd give the AV to Yang. The police and the extended hab limit fit more for Yang.

Comment

Working...
                    X