Clear All

• Open Book PBEM

This is an open-information PBEM.

~The Game Rules~
    All passwords are common knowledge.
    All turn saves are openly available.
    All diplomacy is common knowledge.
    The Map is common knowledge.
    (optional) Please explain the play-by-play of your turn.
    It is a good idea to attach an end-turn save to this forum.
    That way, players can see how your turns are doing without causing a reload.

~Standard Apolyton PBEM rules~
    __Reloading a save you've previously played from: Explain yourself!
    __Airdrops by Right-mouse-button when the same airdrop can't be performed by hitting 'i': No Game!
    __Taking military action then accepting diplomacy which cancels the vendetta in the same turn: No Game!
    __Probe actions (besides infiltration) on someone without vendetta towards you: Explain yourself!
    __Upgrading units with the design workshop is allowed at end of turn only.
    __Communications only allowed between factions that have either met each-others' units, or 'traded' for the comm frequency.
    __Social engineering choice limited to one switch per line per turn.
    __Psi units cannot be assigned multiple point patrol routes
    __Calling Planetary council: Notify everyone. No bribing // accepting bribes.
    __No base trading with the AI. Extortion is allowed.

~Custom Rules~
    All victory conditions enabled
    Do or Die is ON
    Bell curve is ON
    Flexible start is ON
    Scatter pods is OFF
    Transcend Difficulty

~Time Rules~
    If your current turn time exceeds 6 times the average turn time, I'll play the turn and keep the turns moving.
    Note that you must still play your turn, to demonstrate how long it will take you to play your turn.
    If your faction's average turn time exceeds 3 times the average turn time, I'll look for a replacement.

~Current Game~
    The game is SMAX.
    The map is xplanet.mp, but with dense rainfall and medium life.
    The following factions/players are already in:
    MWIA - CyCon
    Quango - Morgan
    HongHu - Pirates
    -slot reserved for smacksim-
    AI - Hive
    AI - Cult
    AI - Believers
    The map, with starting positions landmarked, is attached.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Enigma_Nova; June 13, 2004, 00:55.

The only tempting spot is by the ruins, which means Gaians for me. If this isn't a playable faction or site, please just assign one to me rather than back/forth on this issue. I'm looking forward to getting going!

Smack

Last edited by smacksim; June 13, 2004, 02:09.
    Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

~It begins~
      Turn to MWIA.
      Attached Files

Comment

zzzzzzz
        Aldebaran 2.1 for Smax is in Beta Testing. Join us for our first Succession Game

Comment

Yeah, ZZZzzz indeed.
          Where the hell is MWIA?

Comment

Do we have the email addresses to mail the turns or are we posting turns here?
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Posting turns here. Zipped if possible.

MWIA hasn't responded, so I'll play the turn after I eat dinner.

Comment

-begin turn-
                Scout trolls the fungus looking for a MW (and 10 ECs boost)
                Finds one, kills it, gets 10ECs.

Colony pod: 64,22 -> 66,20
                Colony pod: 64,22 -> 64,24
                Two bases founded.
                The HQ is the one on the south, for a more centralised HQ.

Sliders 30/0/70 for a tech in 2, setting tech to research as Centauri Ecology.
                This is so the Formers come out ASAP and start preparing new base sites.

Both bases producing Cpods, will switch to Formers later once the tech becomes available.

Press END TURN, then play goes to Quango.
                MWIA still needs to reply to this thread to show his approximate playing time
                Attached Files

Comment

I will not be able to get to this until I get home from work, 6-7pm MST. If there is a hurry to get my turn out,

1. Build HQ on landing spot.
                  2. move col pod west
                  3. move scout south
                  4. pick cent ecol.

That's my plan anyhow.
                  Quango

Comment

Why don't you let us set our own pace Enigma. If you get too impatient you might soon end up playing three factions against the other AIs.
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I'm fine with a slower pace as well. However, I'm pretty sure the '6 month plan' for this game is out of my reach. What I'm saying is, if you'd like to not have to find a replacement in mid-summer, we'd best play fast . Leaving the game mid-go also doesn't bother me that much. That said, the most enjoyable games are the fast ones.

-Smack

Comment

Here's my turn. I hope this works. I don't see the add attachment button, just a browse button.

Quango
                        Attached Files

Comment

I est. Rocky Flats, CO (27, 21). Hurried the synth sent. Colony pod in queue, probably just push them out of this one w/ +4 nuts in base square.

Moved colony pod south west, next base at (25, 23).

Scout went south.

40E/60L.

Quango

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                            -MWIA still needs to reply to this thread to show his approximate playing time
                            C R U D.

My difficulty is that, although I can play the save often enough (usually my windows will be about 1900 - 2030GMT and between 0700 and 1300 GMT), I can less often get to Poly to download anything. Can the save be emailed to me at granvisimoIHATESPAM@student.vuw.ac.nz as well as posted here?

And I am sorry about that delay. Normally I would be able to get here withing 24 hours, but this particular few days have been nasty.
                            Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

That works. I'll presume Smacksim can e-mail turns...

Quango: NW with the summary, but is there any strategy involved? It sounds like you're doing random stuff.

My plan would have been:
                              Cpod & scout move to where they currently are.
                              Set Morgan industries to produce a Colony pod (unrushed).
                              First tech set to Centauri Ecology

That Synth garrison isn't too useful this early in the game, and when you -do- get the pods/formers out they'll each cost 1 mineral to maintain because you already have a unit supported.

If M Industries produces a Cpod, it will complete before CentEco gets up, and you'll have 3 size 1 bases.
                              From there, rush the formers. First to 10 minerals then fully.
                              That ensures you have some decent terrain to work with - getting some 2-1-1 squares and some 1-2-2 squares are important.

Comment

Working...
                              X