Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How exactly does the "report post" feature work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I conclude it was coments by panag about panag.
    Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
    The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

A moderators lot is not a happy one (except when it's banning time)

Originally posted by DarkCloud
      It sends an email.

So in essence when you report a post, you email spam the mods
      On the site where I moderate [see sig] we've got a nuisance non-member 'guest' who gets his/her kicks out of reporting non offencive threads. Me and the site's owner must have wasted several hours by now following up on such false alarms.

Still, it's not as anoying as when forum members decide to sort out problems themselves, which invariably ends up making things much worse. *sigh*
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

One of the mods (Ming or Rah I think) used to joke that their email was just full of Panag complaining.

Please note the veracity of this claim is unknown to me.
        /me has a bluging Hotmail account that lends veracity to your claim here.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

On the site where I moderate [see sig] we've got a nuisance non-member 'guest' who gets his/her kicks out of reporting non offencive threads. Me and the site's owner must have wasted several hours by now following up on such false alarms.

Still, it's not as anoying as when forum members decide to sort out problems themselves, which invariably ends up making things much worse. *sigh*
          can't the admin go into his admin cp panel and turn off reporting by guests? or just ban the guy's IP?
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
          X