Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• November 1948: Siezing the Intiative

To paraphrase of a comminique from the Prime Minister

"With the retirement of the Chief of Staff, the Knesset has voted to promote you to take his place..."

END OF OCTOBER 1948

2 T-34's purchased from abroad, they are delivered to Mishmar Yarden. Don't break these too quickly because future support will be a bit slower in coming. This leaves 207 in the treasury

zion worker near Akko reassigned to Central Front, completes railroad north of Tantura H. The new Central Front commander and I need to have a talk about zion workers

There were several injured artillery units outside of Jerusalem at the end of this month with movement points left, W. Jerusalem has a training camp where they could heal quickly...

END OF TURN
    T-34 kills Irgun outside Kafer Szold
    Nevatim S is building City Defenses even though that has already been built

Reinforcements
    -WW1 artillery built in Jaffa given Central Command, moved to Netanyah
    -Palmach built in Tel Aviv given to SE front, moved to airbase outside of Tel Aviv
    -All other new military units are assigned to the command in charge of that city

Open Front Command
    With my promotion to COS, the Central Front again loses its commander. To fill the empty position I am sumbitting the name of El Awrence to take command. The General is to be recalled from retirement to serve his country which is in dire need of his services. I expect the Knesset to confirm this appoint shortly.

COS expectations for November

Northern Front
    -Continued Quiet on the Coast Road
    -I'd like an estimate of the forces needed to take Safed, I don't like the Palestinians being so close to the Golan lifeline.
    -Continued counter attacks on Sirian forces while preperations continue for an advance to the east.

Central Front
    -Begin the assault on Jenin

South-East Front
    -Rest for the weary
    -Support of the attack on Hebron

Sinai Front
    -Preperations for an advance South
    -Plans for coordinating a drive south in tandem with the South East Front

DON'T FORGET TO USE THE TURN LOGS!!!!

COS part I (HTower) - DONE
    Northern Front: (Stalin II) -
    Home Front: (El Awrence) -
    Judean East (Yaroslav) -
    Sinai Front: (Rasputin) -
    Immigration (TBD) -
    Defense (TBD) -
    Econ - (TBD) -
    COS part II (HTower) -

Attached Files

Comment

It would be an honour to serve my country once again in its time of need. I will play... Wednesday night.

Comment

1. I'm confused, did you have the approval of the old Econ minister to purchase those tanks?

2. As for those flashing units out of Jerusalem, you could move them yourself, since they may have been overlooked.
        David Disraeli
        Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

hi ,

excellent plans

as for the city defenses being build again of kafer sold , it could be they where sold before maybe , ....

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
            hi ,

excellent plans

as for the city defenses being build again of kafer sold , it could be they where sold before maybe , ....

have a nice day
            The only City defenses being talked about in this thread were the ones in Nevatim. The only time Kafer Szold was mentioned was where we lost an Irgun. Which brings me back to the conclusion I reached a few threads ago...

Comment

Originally posted by PinkyGen
              1. I'm confused, did you have the approval of the old Econ minister to purchase those tanks?
              Why is this water I'm standing in so hot?

Comment

As future econ minister, I am merely curious about why my funds are going to be in such a low state.

If the answer is no, well, it's just other parts of the army that will suffer since we have little money in the bank. But it does make the job easier, since I won't be able to buy anything.
                David Disraeli
                Economic Minister of Israel and former Prime Minister. Founding Member of One Israel, Exodus Democracy Game

Comment

Playing...
                  Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Home Front: (El Awrence) -
                    Judean East (Yaroslav) - DONE
                    Immigration (TBD) -
                    Defense (TBD) -
                    Econ - (TBD) -
                    COS part II (HTower) -

Played...

Nothing worth of taking note, except that two garrison units were destroyed in Hebron and one arty and one arab legion near Jerusalem.

Details in this thread

There is still a unit moving pending. Please, let it rest
                    Attached Files
                    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

You know, you need to tell them no orders, not just ignore it.
                      David Disraeli

Comment

Home Front: (El Awrence) - DONE
                        Judean East (Yaroslav) - DONE
                        Immigration (TBD) -
                        Defense (TBD) -
                        Econ - (TBD) -
                        COS part II (HTower) -

Attached Files

Comment

TBD
                          "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                          It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

To Be Determined

Comment

ill play in weekend if some one else wants to do their front first...
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X