No announcement yet.

Propaganda Poster for next ACDG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Googlie There might be results tonight. I still have work to do and then test Chaos Theory`s scenario, and then finish one earlier task
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
      Profiles? I don`t see how will four pages of text compressed into one photo help
      Profile == leaderheads.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Skanky, this are Faction leader profiles
        The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Myxzrptznel:
          Attached Files

Comment

They're too 'skinny'. Try placing them on normal broad size, and if there is place left under them perhaps a small(er) pic of the base screen under them...
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

A) they will be really small B) they will be skinny

I might try the "unskinny " version later.

Comment

How about superimposing the leaders heads on the base backgrounds

(How the heck do you get the image to display within the post and not just be an upload link?)
                Last edited by Googlie; June 7, 2004, 10:22.

Comment

"Give to Caesar what is Caesar's? Pay no attention to Caesar. He doesn't have a clue what's really going on." -Cat's Cradle

Comment

I don`t know why, but superimposed leader heads look a bit silly to me (they ruin the background). However you gave me a great idea.

About your attachment, I dont know why we do not see it, but it claims that it`s size is 28*30 pixels.

Comment

Leaderheads only (BTW how do you make that kind of font Googlie?):
                      Attached Files

Comment

Or maybe some separation between head and background?
                        Attached Files

Comment

It's using the embossing feature - like this (but it also embosses the background, so Dee is a little "flaky"
                          Attached Files

Comment

I think it's neat how the 4 tenets of the game (Explore, Discover, Build, Conquer) are pretty much captured by the philosophies of the 4 factions we've chosen

I must admit I like the "4 factions ... 4 Ideaologies ... etc" style the most. Often the first idea turns out to be the best. I wonder if it'd be too fussy to get the "explore", "build" etc inserted into that version?

Comment

Googlie, please stop moving and deleting posts here - it is confusing me . It woudln`t much of a fuss (2 minute work), but I just want to finish an idea I have. You will hopefully see results within an hour.

Comment

Too Fussy?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X