Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stopping Advances?

Hi all,

I am a Newbie to editing CTP. Currently I am trying to work out a Second WW Szenario. My Problem:

How do I stop technical Advances after the development of tanks and planes?

Is there an Editor to help this?

Kind regards, Paul.

There is an editor. IIRC it's called EasyMod.

Otherwise, you can edit advance.txt in a fashion to remove the advances in question or else render them unobtainable.

Comment

Thank your for your advice.

I did try editing the "advance.txt" by first moving the line "End of Advances" up to the last advance I wanted.

That did not work.

After that I tried to delete all the advances in the file. But unfortuately the CTP program would not start afterwards. It said "wrong number of advances".

So that did not work either.

As for the "EasyMod" editor it does not have the function to disable an advance. Or maybe I did not see it.

Kind regards, Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by paulzossen
        I did try editing the "advance.txt" by first moving the line "End of Advances" up to the last advance I wanted.
        That's just a comment - moving it will have no effect.

After that I tried to delete all the advances in the file. But unfortuately the CTP program would not start afterwards. It said "wrong number of advances".

You can fix that by altering the number at the top of advance.txt so that it is equal to the number of advances listed.

As for the "EasyMod" editor it does not have the function to disable an advance. Or maybe I did not see it.
        I presume it doesn't. I think the best method is simply to delete them.

Of course, deleting them will lead to lots of other errors which you will need to deal with in other files, by deleting or altering all of the entries which refer to the advances you have removed (e.g. the units they allow, etc.).

For details you could consult the guide on my website (link at the top of this post). Feel free to ask more questions here .

Comment

This is something I may be able to offer some help with as I have something that works for me..

First

make the enabling advance also the obsolete advance.

now several have 2 obsolete advances make just one obsolete advance..like mass production as enabling make mass production as obsolete..if you see two just delete the other..dont have two lines..

also and this is what i did..make the enableing advance like agriculture or bronze working..then have null as obsolete so you have tanks at start..
          I did like artillery,marines,machine gunners tanks fighters and also mounted archers like maybe a courier for less developed countries..

just remember that if you have no defensive units barbs will attack..

of course you could fix that as well

Just hope this helps and I will attach a scenario units.txt file to look at..just save it to desktop to look at..

HINT:

Get a text editor like editplus so if you get an error (like a space or comma where it shouldnt be) then you will know

Peace

Grandpa Troll
          Attached Files
          Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
          X