toddler games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toddler games

I'm looking for PC games for my boy-girl twins. They are 3.5 years old. My son loves Hotwheel cars and my daughter loves horses. I know there are HotWheels and car games out there and there is a Barbie horse game. Does anyone know if these are playable by 3 to 4 year olds? Can anyone recommend anything similar for my kids?

we didnt give our kid PC games till she was at least 5, IIRC. pre-schoolers are better off exploring the world around them, playing outside, doing art, and reading picture books. So i can tell you of a few games, but i doubt any are appropriate for that age group.

Reader Rabbit - this was very good. Especially for a child who wants to get into reading, but has a phobia about doing it with/in front of a parent
    Sammy Science House - better than some of the other education software ive seen.

Most math games ive seen are too focused on drill, and really stupid "rewards". Silicon snake oil, indeed.

For edutainment, my daughter like Crayolas historical paper dolls, not sure what its called exactly. Of course she could then print them out and have real world play.

Oh, and by far the best, was ...Drum roll, please ...
    Logical Journey of the Zoombini Brothers. Really excellent (though not for preschoolers) . I enjoy it too.
    And the only PC game ive ever seen that at some point says "youve been on the computer enough, now go out and play"
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
    X