No announcement yet.

Jade Empire - the NEW RPG from Bioware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jade Empire - the NEW RPG from Bioware!

From the people who brought you KOTOR comes a brand new X-Box only RPG, Jade Empire (I'm surprised no thread has been created yet).

This game is set in ancient fantasy/magical China (which is a setting I haven't seen much in an RPG) and the combat is fairly unique. It still has Biowares pause-real time combat, but there are over 30 different martial arts fighting 'styles'. Each style has 8 different moves/magic, and you can switch these styles on the fly. Each style has its strengths and weaknesses and works better on some enemies compared to others. It'll be up to the player to decide which fighting style works best against which foe.

This game looks amazing, and is MY most anticipated X-Box game of this year .
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

I think I've heard of this, have you a link?
    Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
    Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

n/m

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

A character from the game (Furious Ming ):

Comment

Looks really nice. I'm pretty sure it will eat Fable alive. But Jade empire is not coming soon, not before december...
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Wow, Ming looks really furious.

Comment

X-Box only

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I agree. Start a new thread when the much-improved version is released onto PC.

Comment

X-box only?
                  SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                  The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Re: Jade Empire - the NEW RPG from Bioware!

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                    From the people who brought you KOTOR comes a brand new X-Box only RPG, Jade Empire (I'm surprised no thread has been created yet).
                    You shouldn't be.
                    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

off top:

which goes to show why xbox is still losing money(if many PC owners are anti xbox) - i'm sure Microsoft was hoping they would be the main and first buyers of the console?

on top:

Bioware seem to have adapted amazingly well to this platform so it should be a decent game if you go on how KOTOR turned out.
                      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I bought an Xbox last month

Really guys, it is a freaking PC in a console, buy one now, very cheap!
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy

I'll just download an emulator instead.
                          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Start a new thread when the much-improved version is released onto PC.

You could just... um... NOT POST ON THIS THREAD THEN?! Stupid tosser .

And I doubt that it will come out on PC. If it does, it'll probably be a year afterwards. This isn't like KOTOR where they plan to release it on the PC. This is an X-Box only title from the getgo. Not that I would be able to play a game like this on my PC anyway.

Comment

is there still a difference between console style RPG's and PC RPGs. There was a console RPG based on BG, dark alliance, i think - i never heard good things about it. OTOH everyone raves about KOTOR? Does KOTOR overcome the console issues? Does JE look like it will follow KOTOR rather than BG: Dark Alliance?
                              Last edited by lord of the mark; June 4, 2004, 11:24.
                              "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                              X