No announcement yet.

Jade Empire - the NEW RPG from Bioware!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BG on the xbox had more in common with diablo rather than the PC games it took as name sake. I think this upset a lot of people(including the reviewers).
    The second one got a slightly warmer reception, but lets face it if you were a BG fan of old neither game was going to be for you.
    So they'd 'dummed it down' for a console release, which on say the PS2 or Cube i can understand(most of the people i know who play these consoles are my younger brothers age group-not that they are dumb of course, but patience isn't always thier collective virtue ).

As for Jade it looks like its all set to carry on the quality of KOTOR(but it could be the good hype has got to me?) rather than go the BG xbox route. Still i guess we wont really know for a while. If it and Fable live up to some of their expectations i will have two more must have games on my xbox list
    Last edited by child of Thor; June 4, 2004, 10:50.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

From what I can see the consoley RPGs are often the kind that PC RPG purists don't really rate. That's pretty much what I'd expect.

Having said that they are cheap, and I may well get an XBOX at some point for some mindless action games that it does well. Ninja Gaiden springs to mind.

Comment

As for Jade it looks like its all set to carry on the quality of KOTOR

Yep. It looks like Bioware is going to build on their KOTOR success, with a game which looks to be just as deep.

From what I can see the consoley RPGs are often the kind that PC RPG purists don't really rate.

True, but recently the console RPG has become more like the PC RPG. One needs only to point to KOTOR. Fable also looks somewhat like a PC RPG. They aren't as sophisticated as PC RPGs yet (no console RPG matches the level of complexity of, say, Fallout) but they are getting there.
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
          From what I can see the consoley RPGs are often the kind that PC RPG purists don't really rate. That's pretty much what I'd expect.

Having said that they are cheap, and I may well get an XBOX at some point for some mindless action games that it does well. Ninja Gaiden springs to mind.
          That and the sports games are better on consoles. (in general...don't shoot me! )
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

/me aims and shoots at Spaced Cowboy

Console sympathizer! Everything mindless
            SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
            The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Wasn't KOTOR supposed to be XBox only as well? And GTA3 was supposed to be PS2 only too was it not?
              Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy

That and the sports games are better on consoles. (in general...don't shoot me! )
                I agree, so I wont shoot you.

Comment

Wasn't KOTOR supposed to be XBox only as well? And GTA3 was supposed to be PS2 only too was it not?

Yes to GTA3. On KOTOR, however, I believe it was to be released simultaneously for the X-Box and PC from inception, but it was designed first and foremost with the X-Box in mind (even though the PC team for KOTOR was different than the X-Box team).
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
                    * obstructor aims and shoots at Spaced Cowboy

Console sympathizer! Everything mindless
                    Have you tried it....then you shouldn't....nevermind...I disliked the console folks too until I bought mine.

How do they say it in high school....Never change, man!
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

For those of us with PCs, this is better news from Bioware:

Dragon Age!!

Bet more people here are interested in this......

ACK!
                      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Make another thread about that .

(though it does sound sweet)

Comment

Working...
                        X