This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum Game Idea: Forum Master

Is there any reason why the old thread at: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=116045 disappeared?

(thankfully I had a backup)
    ---
    FORUM MASTER

[a darkcloud (r) production]

Involved in this game are an unlimited number of POSTERS and one MODERATOR
    The first player to reach 500 posts is declared the winner; unless if by turn 10, the Moderator has managed to keep all posters from reaching 500 posts, in which case, the moderator wins.

POSTER RULES

Each POSTER has 10 pts per day which he can use to:
    A.) POST (+1 to Post Count)
    B.) SPAM (+10 to Post Count; +1 Danger Meter)
    C.) LURK (0 to Post Count; -1 Danger Meter)

When Posting or Spamming, each Poster must specify which forum section he is posting in:

A.) Off-Topic
    B.) Other Games
    C.) Civ III
    D.) CTP II

--

MODERATOR RULES

Each turn, the Moderator selects one section a day for spam.

1.) When a POSTER's danger meter reaches 5, he is auto-detected by the moderator.
    2.) If a moderator searches a section in which a poster has spammed ONLY once, he has two choices:

A.) 10% PCR
    B.) 1 Day Ban

3.) If a moderator searches a section in which a poster has spammed MORE than once, he has two choices:

A.) 25% PCR
    B.) 2 Day Ban

4.) If a POSTER is caught spamming more than once, a moderator may:

A.) 50% PCR
    B.) 3 Day Ban

---

OPTIONAL RULE
    *If posts in a single section reach (# of players)*(200), then all posts in tha section and all posts are lost

---

So, just wondering, is anyone interested?
    (We need at least 4... preferably 5)
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Maybe one of the mods thought it was a parody of the games being played here and not a serious game (bold for emphasis).

As with before, I'm up for playing this game.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ah, thank you for your interest Skanky. It most certainly is a new idea!

---
      rah, just wondering, did you delete it? (I know you got online shortly after I saw the thread on my RECENTLY POSTED TO THREADS... and then 10 minutes later when I clicked on it, it was gone!)
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I take it the mod only searches one section a day, and only searches "posts" made in that section that day - so spams made the day before are safe.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'd have deleted the other thread too. No offence Dark Cloud, but in making this game a celebration of spam then it might be some postmodern commentary on the way that Other Games seems to have gone of late, but ultimately rah will have judged it as an encouragement to spam and deleted it. I reckon that when he returns to the forum he will close this, rather than deleting it again as a lesson to others, but you're on thin ice with this DC.

Comment

Hehe this thread is hilarious.

I give it a low life expectancy however.

Comment

Yes, a low life expectancy.

Toast

Please feel free to pm me DC.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
              X