Can't find MP3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't find MP3?

Well, I've been installing and reinstalling and uninstalling conquests for a while now, and each time I keep getting the same error message that it's missing MP3 files. None of the mp3's are even there. Is there anywhere I can download the missing MP3's or is there aynthing else i can try?

Did you do a full install, or something smaller?

IIRC there were some issues with sound files and smaller installs.

Comment

Ya, it's a full install, do I have to reinstall the original Civ3 as well before trying to install conquests? THis might be the problem

Comment

You shouldn't have to reinstall Civ3; whatever install you had should be fine. (Unless Civ3 wasn't a full install?) Edit: You might try it, though.

I'm not sure what the problem is.

And what do you mean by "the MP3s aren't there"? No MP3s under the Conquests folder only, or are there no MP3s in the Civilization folder's subdirectories as well?

Comment

Well let's see. I can see a couple of MP3's from the folders. But when i start a conquests game it says "Can't find MP3" and the path is... sounds/build/ancient Civ3 was a full install, i've just been trying to make random files called the filename.mp3 whatever it was loooking for.

Comment

Ok, I just created blank MP3 files and it seems to work just fine, guess there won't be much in the ways of music etc.

Comment

ive got the same problem!
              i returned to the shop and they ordered a new one for me but it's the same problems all over again.
              It's possible they just gave me the one i returned again..

But atari and firaxis won't answer my questions and i dont know what to do..

it sucks because it's a really cool game and i made substitute mp3s as well but when another civilization contacts me the game shuts down again.

Does NOBODY know what to do?

Comment

Well, the way that I fixed it is creating MP3's that were blank, and naming them whatever was missing. It's about 5 different Mp3's, and also you have to find some other ones like there're a few diplomatic ones that;'ll come up, and war ones, it's a ***** but it'll eventually work

Comment

i think it will help, thanks
                  but i'd be happier if everything is ok without all this work
                  i wonder if its the fault of the manufacturer or not

you can also type in the filenames in kazaa or whatever to download them

Comment

baskoffie, did you do a full install? I've heard of problems with less than a full install.

Otherwise, I don't know what's up.

Comment

i can't even choose different types of install, i can only just install conquests

Comment

i found somebody with the same problem but then with Play The World.. and when i play that (which came with my copy of conquests) i get simular errors..

This might be off course but i searched a while ago for answers and i found nothing and when i searched again i found 2.. maybe the ones who are experiencing problems of this kind all bought the same edition or version of conquests which is just printed wrong or screwed up

or something... =)

Comment

I don't recall whether there should be a full installation choice for Conquests, but there is for Civ3. Did you choose a full install for it?

That's the only cause of this I've heard of.

Comment

i dont remember if i did but there are files missing from the conquests directory and not from the civ3 dir

Comment

ive retrieved most of the missing mp3s with kazaa and limewire.. beats blank m3s!

i have another question however, lets say this is not a problem that lies with the installation type of civ3 what can it be because i know nw there are more people whove got this i know im going on and on aboout this subject but i planned my vacation to be civ3 24/7 =)

Comment

Working...
                              X