No announcement yet.

Nuclear War Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone elaborate how the governments worked?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Basically, each player chose a government at the start of the game. Each government gave certain benefits, and had certain drawbacks. IIRC, communism, for example, allowed for faster production of nukes, but you couldn't build new cities, or some such. You could also change your government mid-game, but that took a turn, so noone did it. The governments were abandoned, because they were too hard to balance. IIRC democracy was way out of balance, though I don't quite remember why - I think it allowed to construct two cities per turn? There was also a "propaganda" order, which allowed you to take over another person's city. Maybe democracy had something to do with that.
      XBox Live: VovanSim
      xbox.com (login required)
      Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
      Spore page

Comment

Actually, turns out, I was way off on the benefits of governments. Check out this thread:

Nuclear War II

The opening post by ADG has the rules.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Democracy was imbalanced since you could use propaganda on all the other govt types and get 2 cities.

Comment

And propaganda itself was twice as powerful as nuking or building cities. You were effectively doing both.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
            X