Nuclear War Ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear War Ideas

Hmm... just wondering, what do you all think about the following two ideas for new Nuclear War build options:

1. Anti-Espionague Task Force
    (After being built, this force will foil any and all incoming spies)

2. Stockpile Iron
    (After being built, you can build 2 cities in one turn rather than building 1 on turn 1 and another on turn 2... this way, other players don't know about your dangerous plans for expansions until it's too late )
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

How long would the task force last for? If it was "infinite" that wouldn't work at all. However the stockpileing of Iron is a very interesting idea.
    Why are you wasting your time at 'poly? You should be out alongside Supercitizen, fighting the good fight! -duke o' york

Comment

Well, I suppose it could either last only 1 turn... or it could foil a total of 2 espionague teams (therefore, if 3 nations sent spies, then one would get through )
      -->Visit CGN!
      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Then the problem is which ones spy got through...
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

That could be determined by the times in which the players send the PMs
          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

This other idea's a bit strange however-

3.) Self Destruct
            (You construct a "cancel all orders and launch atomic device" weapons system that will react when your final citadel is destroyed- this will automatically send all your warheads at the nation which attacked you and will cancel all your remaining build orders)
            -->Visit CGN!

Comment

How about simple counterespionage, where you can use your own spy to make yourself immune to all sabotage for one turn.
              Visit First Cultural Industries
              There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
              Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Spies were imbalanced for the early wars, and out of my suggestions the group chose to have bunkers as the counter to spies. The counter-espionage idea was considered, but I'd have to give more thought to implementation to retain balance. It is much easier to throw up ideas than it is to make an option viable but counterable, which is the goal.

Stockpile iron I think is superfluous. I don't think there are many occasions where you would forgo having the first city built for 1 turn - it may save you.

Self destruct is also a bad idea IMO. It discourages attacks too much.

Comment

Ah... remember the fun we had with governments....
                  We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Yeah.

Originally posted by DrSpike
                    It is much easier to throw up ideas than it is to make an option viable but counterable, which is the goal.

Comment

Ah... remember the fun we had with governments....

It could have worked

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Stockpile iron I think is superfluous. I don't think there are many occasions where you would forgo having the first city built for 1 turn - it may save you.
                        I can think of many reasons- people building cities give away what they're doing with their turn- in essence they betray intelligence that they could use to covertly help themselves!
                        -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Self Destruct may or may not be a bad idea- Maybe if it takes 2 turns to construct, it could be balanced?

Hmm... Anti-Espionague would seem redundant if bunkers already do that.

But I still think the other 2 ideas are viable.
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

How about secret cities that take 2 turns to build?
                            Visit First Cultural Industries
                            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

How would anyone destroy them?

I can see them possibly working- but they don't seem that realistic.

--If they were to be used (here's an idea):

1. If Player A has 3 cities... and 3 nukes are sent, the 4th city is revealed... if 4 nukes are sent- the 4th autodetects radiation from the 4th city and destroys it.

2. If Player B sends a spy to Player A to disrupt stuff, B detects the 4th city.
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                              X