X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassins (Mafia spin-off) Sign-up

Hail,

This is the sign-up thread for the first edition of "Assassins", the Mafia spin-off.

Main Idea
    To support the growth of the Mafia game and to relieve the original Mafia game, a spin-off will be introduced. For convenience and distinction, this spin-off will be named "Assassins".

Gameplay
    Assassins will use the basic formula of Mafia, but will also be an experimental ground for the original Mafia game.

Assassins will be played independently from Mafia with its own player pool, run-time, and possibly story setting (if the GM chooses so).

Like in Mafia, a General Manager (GM) will host the game. The GM will appoint one or two players (dependent on total number of participants) to be the "Assassin(s)".
    The game knows two time-settings: Day and Night. During nighttime, a player will be killed by (one of) the Assassin(s) (and eliminated from playing). During daytime, the surviving players will all vote for who they believe is the (an) Assassin. The person who receives the most votes is then killed and eliminated from playing.

When there are two Assassins appointed, they will alternate kills until one of them is killed. The appointed Assassins do NOT know of each other that they are Assassins. Therefore, it is possible that one Assassin kills the other. Both Assassins will have different killing styles to distinguish them from each other.
    If there is only one Assassin, then the GM will have him/her leave some kind of clue as a signature.

Rules
    - Any member can sign up to play Assassins, but a player may not simultaneously play Mafia and Assassins.
    - However, if a player is already killed and eliminated from playing Mafia, s/he is allowed to participate in a new round of Assassins. The opposite is true as well: if a player is already killed and eliminated from playing Assassins, s/he is allowed to participate in a new round of Mafia.
    - Surviving players have 24 hours time to cast their votes on who they think is the (an) Assassin. This rule will be flexible during weekends (depending on the voting situation).
    - Players may only cast one vote per voting round. This vote is made through a closed ballot by PM'ing the vote to the GM. Votes made in the game thread will not be accepted.

Comparison to Mafia
    Here's a brief rundown of the similarities/differences with Mafia.

Similarities
    - Basic formula
    - Vote structure

Differences
    - Player pool (mutually exclusive)
    - Run-time (independent from Mafia)
    - Story-setting (if GM chooses so)
    - Voting form (closed ballot)

Sign-up
    01) Ljube-ljcvetko
    02) DrSpike
    03) Urban Ranger
    04) Skanky Burns
    05) Chaunk
    06) Anita Blake
    07) Trokair
    08) :) Smiley
    09) Joncha
    10) Rasputin
    11) DarkCloud
    12) HongHu
    13) Loinburger
    14) Imran Siddiqui

Sign-up CLOSED!
    Last edited by Zopperoni; June 1, 2004, 16:33.

Let me be the first.

Comment

In.

Comment

In.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Inininininin.

Sorry, I just didn't want my entire post to consist of "in".
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

In.
            Play hangman.

Comment

I'm in too.

Comment

Let me reserve a place for Trokair, because I unfairly cut him out of the current Mafia game.

Comment

Fair enough, but he'll need to show himself in this thread to show that he's still actively interested.

Comment

I'm in.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                      Let me reserve a place for Trokair, because I unfairly cut him out of the current Mafia game.
                      Duke, join this game, since you are GM in the other one which doesn't exclude you here.

Comment

I have enough hassle keeping track of the current game, and wouldn't want to get confused between the two. I'll probably join the next incarnation of Mafia (and watch my ppd plummet again ).

Comment

I'm in.
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Requesting permission to board moncapitan
                            Thanks for the reserve Duke
                            Why are you wasting your time at 'poly? You should be out alongside Supercitizen, fighting the good fight! -duke o' york

Comment

im in !!! please,,,,,

and hello to the DLs
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X