No announcement yet.

RPGs playing order?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you play NWN, then you can get hold of the Dungeon of Apolyton!

Version 2 out soon (though not as soon as it was going to be, but I for one am patient and will wait for Jamski to be in a position to finish rejigging it).

Comment

Originally posted by Verto
      nor does it need it.
      nonmultiplayer games are mostly uninteresting for me

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Everyone is forgeting Arcanum! (Except obstructor and I)

Perhaps there's a reason to "forget" to mention that buggy *beep*

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I never encountered any major bugs in Arcanum - while I had to redo a whole chapter in BG2.
          SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
          The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Icewind Dale I before BG 2... (or skip it entirely)
            and morrowind after NWN

arcanum before IWD2 (possibly the best D&D game ever made [but only because 3rd edition is much better than 2nd] )
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

You'll never get finished if you play IWD2 too early
              -
              oh yes, and Planescape should be played before BG2 as well...
              here's my suggestion:

IWD1
              BG1
              Arcanum
              Planescape
              BG2
              IWD2
              NWN
              Morrowind

but you could alwasy flip arcanum and planescape before BG1 for consistency (I've played all those games except Morrowind and Planescape though planescape looked interesting to me!
              -->Visit CGN!
              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

So many *wink smilies*

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

No, I didn't forget Arcanum. I recommend you don't play it at all. I've played Fallout, Baldur's Gate, etc. Arcanum was a pain at times and I think I was still stuck in some area when I stopped playing.

What do you think is the fastest, as in Really competitive and all in one sitting, that you could finish each of thsoe? KOTOR, I could seee in maybe a couple of days, two if you were sooper good, maybe. Morrowind, I have yet to beat, so I don't know.
                  Btw, I'm tlaking jsut the basic stuff, sidequests not included.

Ah, but the side quests are the big fun in Morrowind. Straight through? Hmmm... maybe 60 hours or so? You have to do some side quests just to get the experience to get strong enough to win in the end.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

sorry about that Jamski
                    I suppose it's an invasion
                    --
                    A warning about Arcanum, as Imran has mentioned, is that on the first level, it's almost impossible to defeat the **** bridge-guards!
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Arcanum is just too high-class for for you gimps.

It's a great game, and i didn't have any problems with it. It's mechanics are not as polished as Baldur's Gate, ect... but it more than makes up for that in story and atmosphere.
                      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Seriously, the story and atmosphere in Arcanum just blows everything else out of the water, aside from maybe Fallout. In BG and other fantasy games like it, even though the story might be good, you are never really into it and it seems like just another story. Arcanum just sets itself apart in a number of ways.

And a thing about those bridge guards...they aren't that hard and you don't even have to fight them.
                        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

"You dont have to fight them..." only if you're evil
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                            "You dont have to fight them..." only if you're evil
                            Or rich . But if you are going to fight them, save those stun grenades for the job.

Comment

where do you pick up stun grenades?
                              -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Bah, in Arcanum, I couldn't get out of the rock mine. Those damn rock dudes were too powerful for my party .

And the story was alright, but Fallout's was better and more fun .
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X