UFO: Aftershock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFO: Aftershock

as my old UFO: Aftermath -thread ( http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=98013 ) is archived now, i'll have to start a new one:

a new UFO:AM game is coming out: UFO Aftershock!

it's basicly the same engine and idea with more features, like entering buildings, different tech tree, etc.

here's the official new homepage:
    Bohemia Interactive is an independent game development studio, known for the Arma series, DayZ, Take On Mars, Ylands, and more.
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

this is the tagline:

"The year is 2054. Fifty years ago, something terrible happened and the surface of Earth became uninhabitable. The remnants of humankind escaped to immense flying island «the Laputa», however a revolt against increasingly rigid and corrupt human leadership of the island escalated into a conflict that eventually destroyed it. The survivors of the survivors flee once again. Can they reclaim the Earth from whatever force now holding her in its powers?

Comment

and if anyone is interested in more detail, here's an interview, which looks more like an FAQ:

Comment

Sounds good. I'll have to take a look at this one.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

old engine as in X:com: UFO defense engine?

That's the only one I'm interested in

Comment

no, old engine as UFO:aftermath engine

it's completely different compared to the old XCOM/UFO-games. sort of stop-start-realtime. in pause mode, you tell your guys what to do next and continue the game. it's a concept you have to get used to, but a lot better than plain real time strategy... it's not a click-festival like AoE and successors

Comment

check out these screenshots from the UFO:AM game:

Comment

I wish they'd make a game like this using the silent storm engine.
                Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

The combat in the game is superb. I just wish they included base management more in-depth than choosing military, engineering or research.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Like what?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Like, say, the previous games of the "series" perhaps.
                      Base management where you actually built bases up and bought equipment and weaponry for the bases and such. Whats the point of defending the entire world if you can't get rich while doing so?

Comment

SB: well, the vast marjority of humanity got killed in the biological attack, so money suddently isn't that important

Comment

I like resource allocation. Sue me.

Comment

but i agree... that was one of the nice things in the first XCOM games... financing your bases.

btw, whoever likes UFO:AM, this is the official website and very good: http://www.ufoaftermath.co.uk/

there's a small but powerful modding community... kind of like if gramphos, kal el, sween32 and so would be the only ones posting here

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              Base management where you actually built bases up and bought equipment and weaponry for the bases and such. Whats the point of defending the entire world if you can't get rich while doing so?
                              Oh that. Sure.
                              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                              X