No announcement yet.

G4 TV, what is this crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After all, he derides sports for being a waste of time while posting on Poly or playing computer games!

Not totally, I liek the OT forum, b/c people post new articles and stuff from time to time, and so I see it as a supplement to reading hte paper.

You mean another 'waste of time'?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not totally, Poly tkaes up less of my time, than soprts do for most people. Many people become immersed in sports, by buying memorabilia, and jerseys, and reading magazines, and tv shows, and reading sections about it in the paper. With poly, I get on for an housr, MAYBE 2 a night. There sin't really he opportunity for a web forum (Poly specifically) to becoem an obsession.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

but sport(the physical variety) is good for your health
        Well as long as you dont get put in a wheelchair for life - not that that ever stopped me playing many sports.
        As my life flashes past my eyes with each passing year, i count myself lucky when i go breezeing past some 'youngster' on a run that i've exercised my body as well as my mind Plus it will save on health bills later in life(unless the wheelchair thing of course ).

Im guessing this G4 tv thing is american only?(cant say i've heard of it over here).
        We've had only one really decent attempt at a computer games show in the uk - it was ages ago now(ten years?!) and was called 'GamesMaster'(correct me if im wrong). At the time it was novel but people either loved or hated the presenter. Looking back on it its a sad state of affairs when this is held up(in my memmory) as the best example.

I think we may see real gladiator combat back on tv before a decent computer game tv show is done
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
          Not totally, Poly tkaes up less of my time, than soprts do for most people. Many people become immersed in sports, by buying memorabilia, and jerseys, and reading magazines, and tv shows, and reading sections about it in the paper. With poly, I get on for an housr, MAYBE 2 a night. There sin't really he opportunity for a web forum (Poly specifically) to becoem an obsession.
          ummmm im obsessed with sports. I havent bought any sports related materials to date though. Maybe one or two ticket A YEAR and few caps and clothes that non sports fan would probably have owned anyway...

I could skew ur statement and say the same for poly. I mean, sports I can watch maybe 2 hours a day, watching the mets play (and even get a break whenever the teams rest) and 5 min of fantasy baseball for free. While some poly fan buys poly shirts, caps and apolyton Plus etc etc etc.....
          :-p

Comment

Well I finally saw G4Tech TV today. Man the programs were bad as I expected.

Cheats. WTF? That show doesnt need to exist. Gamefaqs.com people. And documentaries about mario? lol. Well it was interesting I admit, that they managed to host all these video game related shows for long stretch of time.

The show "arena" was the best IMO, just because it was about two teams VSing each other Even so, the format sucked IMO. They play three random games? Wow the console game they played they didnt even know they were playing until they had controllers in their hands. War of the monsters! lol! Its a fighter so I wouldnt have minded if I was competing, but still I'd like to be a bit more prepared for a game I would be competing in....

Apparently, Tekken 4, Capcom VS SNK2 and Soul Calibur 2 were aired. I'm just wondering how funny the matches would have been if it was like the way war of monsters, call of duty and SOCOM II was run.... Must find these reruns...
            :-p

Comment

one of the guys i used to play quake with went in for an arena show with some of his friends to play some matches. apparently it took forever and they didn't even get to play quake which they were told they would iirc. for all their trouble they got some soggy pizza and a lot of attitude when they complained. i think they ended up playing tribes 2 and some other fps games. which isn't that bad but considering most of them had never played it before it makes the show kind of pointless as it's supposed to a competition(right?).
              Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

So I was channel srfing today, and I happened upon an interesting show that was on g4 tv !!! Well, a protion of it was interesting anyways. It appears that these two Halo freaks have constructed their own sets ofHalo Armor!!!! The stuff cna be worn for paintball battle, al though I wouldn't reccoemnd it, b/c you need to wear 3in platform boots to wear the suit, so running would be just a tad bit hard.
                This is still unbearably cool though. They are getting ready to sell suits, but they don't have prices up yet. You can buy full sets, or just helmets. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
                They also make armor fro some jackhole from Final Fnatasy, butn obody pays attentio to that crap, but f****ing WOW!!!!!
                this s*** is sooo f***ing cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
                Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

Working...
                X