No announcement yet.

G4 TV, what is this crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now some sports I watch because I play them, and like to see professionals competing in the same game, albeit at a much higher level. Some sports I just watch, and don't play.

This is what i was going to say, so why bother.
    -
    Really Baseball, American Football, and (occasionally) basketball are about the only sports I'll watch on TV

Well, there you go, I rather watch a Britney Spears movie then to go through any of .......

eugh what, sorry, must have dozed there.
    -
    many people already are pro and there are many tournaments with pretty high money prizes to be found.

A shame there's none for civ3 'cause I know a couple of people who aren't half decent at it.
    (<---- points at red and blue shield )
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

In terms of sports, I only watch prowrestling from time to time. Even that gets old. SPorts are pointless, a waste of your time.
      Lysistrata: It comes down to this: Only we women can save Greece.
      Kalonike: Only we women? Poor Greece!

Comment

You mean like posting on a computer game's message board?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Not totally, I liek the OT forum, b/c people post new articles and stuff from time to time, and so I see it as a supplement to reading hte paper.

Comment

Another thing,
            W/ webforums, you cna't really get "obsessed" and start to memorize statisitcs, and watch whole tv channels devoted to it. SPorts has its own section in the paper! imagine if web forums did!
            Headline: "Fez Flames Commie in the OT!"

Comment

i did not say wether or not it was intelligent, or successful, but using Tassdarian logic, it would be headlines if Fez were to beat a commie!

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                In terms of sports, I only watch prowrestling from time to time. Even that gets old. SPorts are pointless, a waste of your time.
                nah, baseball is an art, its like listening to the symphony.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

W/ webforums, you cna't really get "obsessed" and start to memorize statisitcs

mmmbwooah

/me thinks there are many forum obsessed people to be found............................................. .... .elsewhere of course, deffinately not here!!!!
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

i find awesome wc3 matches(read: the really eye popping ones) more fun and engaging to watch than to play it. that's mostly because i suck though but i can appreciate the skill in top players(most no skilled players probably can't do this). i woudn't suck if i had a faster pc a good net connection though.

SPorts are pointless, a waste of your time.
                    bah, have you ever played on a competitive sports team? some of the most fun i've ever had were football, baseball(just barely for baseball), soccer, and of course quake(it's a sport too!).
                    Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                      (it's a sport too!).

Comment

bah, have you ever played on a competitive sports team? some of the most fun i've ever had were football, baseball(just barely for baseball), soccer, and of course quake(it's a sport too!).
                        Yes, since I was about five, until seventeen, when I realized what a waste of time they are.

Comment

Games are sports. Sports are games. I come from THAT angle of view.

IMO, everyone should know by now is opposite of LoTM's. Interactive fiction's POV is stupid IMO. Look at metal gear solid for ps2, that game had good story but its like boring as hell to play. That game is epitome of a game that is just for interactive fiction element...

but i guess everyone has their own opinions.

help me here. If i want to see, say, humans killing orcs, i can rent Lord of the Rings, and get narrative elements, character interaction, not found in a game. Games sacrifice other elements to get the INTERACTIVITY other media lack, which is why they can be so gripping. And Im supposed to turn on the TV and WATCH, without ANY INPUT from me, two or more people playing a GAME against each other, one that models a genre widely available in more traditional narrative forms? this makes no sense to me.

You're watching two opponents trying to dick each other with strategies in competitive play. So if you dont understand the mind game behind it, its really hard to appreciate a good match. Same goes for sports, except that you may be able to appreciate something eye candy-ish and flasy (athlethic skills etc), same goes for game with big combos and flash, but what really is entertaining is how two people play and how they psychologically deal with strategies thrown agst them. you wont see that unless u understand the game.
                          :-p

Comment

Originally posted by bipolarbear
                            ya, web stuff is jsut fien for getting all ofthe video gmae updates I nedd.
                            penny-arcade uber alles!!!
                            I meant media as in gamespot, gamefaqs and IGN as well. They know jack**** about videogaming.

ur best bet is in gaming communities. cause they know their ****.

If you want to know about civ, poly for ex. I'd not trust some idiot from gamespot to really know anything about civ related stuff now would you?

oh and yeah gabe is a scrub too, but thats another thing...
                            :-p

Comment

wats a scrub?

Comment

If you don't know then you are one.

Comment

Working...
                                X