Civ-based or Colonization-based model for Civ IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ-based or Colonization-based model for Civ IV

There's been a lot of threads and discussions about features and improvements for Civ 4. But one thing to realize is that fundamentally, many of these issues HAVE ALREADY BEEN SOLVED A DECADE AGO when Sid chose to make significant changes to Civ 1 to create the game Colonization.

We keep talking about how to keep tweaking Civ in order to make it more realistic and improve its resource, trade, building items and city-improvement model, etc. But the more I think about it the more it occurred to me that instead of tinkering with a flawed model of Civ 1, why not just use the Colonization model instead? Colonization model of quantified resources, finished goods, detailed trade routes and distribution of resources, specialized factories, specialized workers, etc. is IMHO far superior to Civ 3 model and probably to whatever tinkering could be done to improve it for Civ 4.

So why not create Civ 4 using Colonization as the basis instead of Civ 3 (and hence Civ 1 and Civ 2) as t he basis???
    "Civ 3" based
    60.00%
    "Colonization" based
    40.00%

Civ IV should be civ-based.
    Colonization II shouldn't be.

Comment

Civ4 should be based on the best ideas from Civ3, SMAC and Colonization.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I would do anything for a new Colonization game. I email Firaxis every week if they have started working on it yet. Sadly, they haven't.

Comment

I say as GePap. It should be based on the best ideas found in each games, for something uniquely adapted to Civ.

eatcarrotsnow:
          Why do you email them every weak about this??
          They don't have 500 persons there only to answer emails and would hardly announce this otherwise than by a public anouncement. So your emails only filled their mailbox: technical limits always exist.
          Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

Working...
          X