Is it possible to disband a city?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to disband a city?

Ok..In Call To Power if you want to disband a city (up to size 3 in CTP) you can and then move it to a better location.

It works real well when you find a city far from your neighborhood..

Is this possible in CIVIII (I am playing Conquests by the way)

This is just one feature I am missing?????

I do thank anyone for helping a CTP Freak trying to learn CIVIII!

Thanks in Advance!

Grandpa Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Ok..I went to my CIVIII Manual and it stated that if you "Accidently" build a city then all you need to do is hit the "X" Button..(Disband)..so I went to a save and it didnt work???

Or am i just missing something here??

Grandpa Troll
    Attached Files
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

The only "X" button I know of is the one that closes the city screen.

If you don't care about losing your population and just want to raze the city, right-click on it and select "Abandon City".

If you want to get a settler out of it first, take it down to pop 2 through starvation/pop rushing/pop unit building, then build a settler, and keep the food supply neutral (or negative if you have some stocked up) on the turn of completion. Once the settler completes, you should get a message asking if you really want to disband the city.

You can also get a worker out of the city by doing the same as above, except holding it at pop 1 instead of 2 and, of course, building the worker instead of the settler.

Comment

There is also unhappines due to disbanding IIRC.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

?

I believe any pop-rushing unhappiness left in the city does jump to somewhere. I don't remember if it's random or what. But disbanding does not create unhappiness, so far as I know. Abandoning a city without building a settler or worker does count the same as razing a city, but I can't remember what the downside of razing is.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
            ?

I believe any pop-rushing unhappiness left in the city does jump to somewhere. I don't remember if it's random or what.
            Any Settlers created from an unhappy city through pop rushing etc. will carry that unhappiness with them into the new city built. It's not random either, it will happen everytime.

Abandoning a city without building a settler or worker does count the same as razing a city, but I can't remember what the downside of razing is.
            If the city you raze used to belong to another civ, it will have an effect on your diplomatic relations. They don't take kindly to you destroying any of their settlements.

Comment

Originally posted by Willem
              If the city you raze used to belong to another civ, it will have an effect on your diplomatic relations. They don't take kindly to you destroying any of their settlements.
              So if it's your own city, there are no repercussions to abandoning it?

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep

So if it's your own city, there are no repercussions to abandoning it?
                It shouldn't but there might be that possiblity if there are any foreign citizens living there at the time. I'm not positive about that.

Comment

Working...
                X