Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuclear War XII: The bowl aint getting bigger, but the fish are breeding

Day zero

After years of nuclear war, nuclear technology has spread to every last disgruntled rogue leader in the world. Rising from the ashes and roaches of the last engagement, sixteen leaders start crash nuclear weapons programs.

Fearing trouble, world leaders meet by the world's only surviving structure, the Great Pyramids, to work out a shaky peace treaty. However, as a pleasure cruise turns into a bloodbath, fingerpointing starts, the negotiations break down, and the briefcases with the little red buttons come out.

Chaunk: Here, There, Everywhere
    DarkCloud: Stockholm, Oslo, Stavanger
    DrSpike: Nuke Spaced, Don't nuke Spaced, Ambivalent regarding the nuking of Spaced
    GeneralTacticus: Majestic-12, X-51, Illuminati
    Hercules: Jiagra, Kiagra, Liagra

ljcvetko: Heroes 1, Heroes 2 and Heroes 3
    Jamski: M3 1Z 8@|)@$$, j00 $uxx0rz, |)13 81+(|=|!
    Jonny: Europa Universalis, Hearts of Iron, Victoria
    Loinburger: Wutang, Wizzutang, Sweet Sizzauce
    Nuclear Master: Jerusalem, Toronto, New York

Skanky Burns: Wireless, Network, Laptop
    Spaced Cowboy: I AM SOFA, KING WE, TODD ED
    Theban: Thebes, Thibbens, Turban
    Trokair: Doppleganger, Duplicate, Carbon Copy
    Vlad Antlerkov: Proton, Neutron, Electron

Vovan: Abedju, Men-Nefer, Waset

Orders are due Tuesday at noon GMT.

Nuclear War Rules

Each player starts with 3 cities, and may perform 1 order each turn. Orders should be sent to the GM through:

PM Smiley

Don't email me. I'll forget. But in case the PM Box gets full, send it to firstcultural at yahoo.com and post here in this thread that the PM box is full

(post sent when sent for verification)

If you don’t send any orders for a turn, you won't be auto-set to do something (The GM won't do anything for you... ), and since the GM posts a msg from time to time in the forum about who still needs to send orders, people can see who’s open for nuking, so be sure to send them. You can send the GM a default order, if you wish, but I recommend that you send a queue.

If you don’t send your orders, there will be consequences, unless you can come up with a good reason BEFORE you’re missing your orders (i.e. if you’re going on vacation tell us BEFORE you leave, not when you get home)

code:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    # of turns missed: Consequences:
    1: nothing
    2: You’ll lose one city this round
    3: You’ll lose two cities this round
    4: ---------you get Wasted, if you haven't been already--------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Each turn takes about 24 hours (Ending at 12 noon GMT each day, that's 7AM EST, 4AM PST) (Though there might be some changes, so don’t count on it being ready every day at this time... maybe it’ll be earlier, maybe later). If the GM has received all orders before time runs out, the turn has ended and he'll post the results early.

You will be able to change your orders up until one hour before the end of the turn.

Spy missions don't count as orders: e.g. you can sabotage an enemy and nuke him in the same turn. Each player starts with zero spies. You can send out multiple spies per turn if you have them.

Orders:

Launch Nukes:
    The player can launch two nukes. The nukes can be launched at different players or they can be launched to the same player, depending on preference.

Stockpile Nukes: *
    When stockpiling nukes you can launch 2-4 nukes instead of 2 at a time. You can't stockpile stockpiled nukes, the max # of nukes is 4. You don't have to use the stockpiled nukes the following turn. If you've got stockpiled nukes and want to nuke someone, but also keep the stockpiled nukes, you may. You may alslo choose to launch only 1 of your stockpiled nukes and keep the other for future use if desired.

Deflect: *
    When deflecting nukes to a certain player, every second nuke to arrive that turn will be deflected to another player (Which has to be included in the orders). The nukes which get deflected is: 1, 3, 5… while 2, 4, 6… will hit. Nukes arrive based on launch time, which is based on the sequence orders are recieved.

Hide in bunker: *
    Each player starts with one bunker. When used, ALL nukes fired at you are destroyed (Not deflected), and all spies sent against you are killed (caught by the guards). After one use, the bunker is unavailable, unless rebuilt.

Build a Bunker: *
    Gives you another bunker to use (up to a max of 2).

Train a new spy: *
    Just like it sounds. (No-one starts with any spies) Up to a maximum of 3.

Build City:
    You get one extra city. (No more than 5 cities can be built, this is not ICS).

Sabotage (Spy):
    When using sabotage on another player, the other players orders will be cancelled. This kills the spy used. Sabotage does not work on bunkers; stockpiled nukes launches that are sabotaged lose the stockpile involved.

All orders marked with a * sign shall be referred to as "unknown projects" unless they specifically come into play that turn.

If you post a "sent" msg in the thread, but the GM doesn't recieve any orders, he'll auto-set you to whatever you want your 'default' orders to be - send them with your first orders (Of course he'll send you a msg that he didn't recieve your orders)

The only orders that can be combined are Sabotage with any other order. Stockpile cannot be combined with deflect, for instance.

Last edited by :) Smiley; May 28, 2004, 08:20.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Holy Crap! Sixteen nuclear maniacs!

Oddres Schent!

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

It's like Mafia... except everyone's the Mafia, and all the villagers can do is sit around and wait for the sky to fall in.
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Orders Sent

Thanks!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

5 REM So good I'll use it a second time
          10 BEGIN
          20 GOSUB 40
          30 END
          40 CLS
          50 PRINTLN "Orders sent"
          60 RETURN
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Surely Reming Line 70 is uneccessary as the code never gets there?

Orders sent!
            Play hangman.

Comment

I agree. [/DanS]
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

gee, this game got its # of participants limited pretty fast How long was the organization thread open- only three days?

wow.
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  I agree. [/DanS]
                  Why I oughta...!
                  Play hangman.

Comment

Sent!
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Two days.

Comment

5/16
                        Orders in from Chaunk, Darkcloud, Jamski, Skanky, and Spaced.

No hurry, you got to Tuesday.

Comment

Orders sent
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Wow, 16 is a record.

Comment

Orders PMed to Hope that's right.
                              XBox Live: VovanSim
                              xbox.com (login required)
                              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                              Spore page

Comment

Working...
                              X