Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dungeon of Apolyton (continued)

The last thread ended with Spiffor's question :
    Do you use the Community Expansion Pack? It rocks!
    The answer is yes, but not in the DoA, as it would be a huge pain to renumber and label all the objects already in the module.

It is very cool though. And rather large too *shrugs* Some of the Japanese style weapon models are soooo cool it hurts, but some of the monster models are "sub-standard" - a mixed bag.

Duke, ask your pertinent questions ->

And thankyou to all the DoA fans who continue to make me think that my time wasn't wasted

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

No, your time is wasted by coming to 'poly everyday, but we'll let that go.

I've got NWN and Shadows of Undrentide (sp?). Is that all right to be able to play DoA, or will I need to put my downloading hat on again?

Comment

That's all you need. Best to get the patch as well... not sure on that one... Try it, and if it won't load the DoA, then get the patch.

I reccommend you play the prologue of NWN to get the controls and interface before you dive into the DoA. There's some "tricky" spots if you have no idea...

Luckily you already know how D&D works, so you'll be ok

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

From what I have heard in the forerunner to this thread, Shadows of Underwear is loads better than the first NWN built-in quests. Would I not be better off playing that, or should I just learn the basics with a view to the ultimate challenge of DoA?

Comment

You would be better playing SoU, but it doesn't start with a tutorial chapter, while NWN does.

Your call But don't complain you can't complete the DoA because you don't know the controls

-Jam

Comment

I did the NWN tutorial then SoU. I recommend that you do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
              The update is that I'm in the middle of re-writing nearly all the scripts with a new universal variable handler. Owch.

Not to mention adding optional dialogue to all the conversations for high/low INT and/or CHA. That's rather funny actually.

Slow work, and I'm not really rushing at it *shrugs*

-Jam
              the original campaign had this. I made a low intelligence creature just to play it through.

Although I couldn't do the trial quest because I was too dumb . But then I took a potion so I could .

It's a lot of work. They didn't bother to do that for the expansions I believe.

Comment

Dungeon of Apolyton can be challenging.

I had to use some cheese tactics to get through some tough battles.

Space05us or whatever his name proved especially useful as a meat shield

Comment

It's a lot of work. They didn't bother to do that for the expansions I believe.
                  But talking to UR with low inteligence will be hilarious

Or talking to HongHu with low charisma *giggles*

-Jam

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

But talking to UR with low inteligence will be hilarious

Or talking to HongHu with low charisma *giggles*

-Jam
                    Skanky must find the game very humorous.

Comment

Snap snap, puppy.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I thought you'd appreciate that one.

Comment

what happened to the topping?
                          -->Visit CGN!
                          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                            From what I have heard in the forerunner to this thread, Shadows of Underwear is loads better than the first NWN built-in quests.
                            Shadows of Underwear?

(\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                            X