X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe it was a red herring though...

Comment

I have really no idea anymore, guess I vote back for my first suspect, Jonny from Liechtenstein.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Skanky. I'm convinced. Kinda.
        Join a Democracy Game today!
        | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Originally posted by GeoModder
          I have really no idea anymore, guess I vote back for my first suspect, Jonny from Liechtenstein.
          Bold it, it's easier to see.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Damn all you villagers, and damn both of you mafia.
            /me starts quickly guzzling as much bourbon as he can.

May your beverages for the rest of the voyage be weak and watery.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Code:
              mafia
              Name Voted for
              1. Skanky Guynemer
              2. Jamski ADG
              3. ADG Pave
              6. Nuclear Master Pave
              7. Rah Skanky
              8. Theben Skanky
              10. GJRamsey ADG
              11. Spaced Cowboy Skanky
              12. Kassiopeia Skanky
              13. Tuberski Skanky
              14. Jon Miller Pave
              16. Guynemer Skanky
              19. HongHu Skanky
              22. Octavian X Skanky
              23. Pave ADG
              24. Geomodder Jonny
              26. Jonny Skanky
              Guynemer is moving house this week, and said that his internet access would be intermittent at best, but he wanted me to vote for Octavian X Skanky anyway, so it didn't make any difference.

Oops - wrong name on the list.

Next chapter coming up....

Comment

Chapter Six – DeNile knowledge

As the numbers dwindled even further aboard the Apolyton, everybody began to think really hard about the clues that the careless killers had left behind them. When this didn’t get them anywhere, they just went back to their effective tried and trusted system of block voting. It did not take long for enough votes to be cast to consign yet another traveller to the bottom of the Nile, and the Captain announced that the mafia was Skanky. The now-traditional brown leather handbag descended with dizzying speed, and before long the unfortunate barman had descended into the Nile, aided on his way by the careful attention of Geomodder.

The Captain didn’t take long to decide that perhaps Jonny was not the best person to take over the duties at the bar, and so he appointed his purser as the new barman. Secretly he hoped that the losses to spillage would be reduced, as there was no chance of a good Muslim necking the rest of the bottle after pouring a single glass of wine.
                Geomodder was relieved to hear that his workload would not be further increased as a result of Skanky’s death, and immediately set to work writing out his CV in the hope of getting a sinecure on a Mediterranean cruise or something, anything better than the hunk o’ junk Apolyton. The passengers enjoyed a leisurely breakfast, sad that they had lost their barman, but pleased that the shadow of the mafia would no longer be cast upon the ship.
                During the day, the noble pairing of the Earl of Octavian and the Duc de Pavelles make their debut on the tennis court against Tubbs and Jim Rockford. Inspector Morse took over the umpiring duties, and Miss Marple fell asleep in a deck chair while watching the “action”. Theben and HongHu took their card games outside, but the wind was too strong, and so they gave up after a while and returned to the empty bar. Without Skanky and Rasputin, it was far too quiet in the bar. With the suspicion that either of them could be the mafia then it was very quiet in the bar, with neither wanting to say anything that might make the other select them as a victim.
                The day passed peacefully, and despite the irritating quacking of the duck perched atop the wheelroom, they were much refreshed when they went back to their quarters to prepare for dinner.

As he arrived in the dining room, Columbo felt the ship lurch to the left, a movement that nearly threw him to the floor. Other passengers started, and they raced to the wheelroom to see what had happened to the Captain’s trusty “steering aid”. Upon arrival, they could see that the trusty steering aid still had one end tied to the wheel, but that the other end was around the neck of Nuclear Master, whose body hung over the side of the ship. It took Bulldog Drummond, Jonny and Derrick to hold the rope steady while Geomodder cut it away from the wheel and put the Apolyton back on course. They dragged up the body of the strangled captain, but could tell nothing from it, and soon released the rope.
                “Poetic, almost, that the good captain has been buried in the river upon which he made his living,” said Miss Marple, but none of the others were thinking about poetry at that time. As they made their way back into the dining room to discuss the latest killing, Pave knocked over a bottle on the floor of the wheelhouse. He picked it up to examine, and it proved to be a bottle of White Horse Scottish Whisky. It was inconceivable that the Captain had been drinking it, and the barman was no longer aboard, so who could have left it there? The murderer?

Taking to his new responsibilities like a duke to water, Geomodder called everybody together and instigated another vote. They would have until the morning to mull over the incidents of the day and then return their separate verdicts on the likely identity of the killer.

Comment

Code:
                  mafia
                  Name Job Status
                  1. Skanky Burns Barman Handbagged
                  2. Jamski Oberinspektor Derrick Alive
                  3. ADG Inspector Morse Alive
                  4. Zopperoni Deck hand Handbagged
                  5. Ljcvetko Sherlock Holmes Handbagged
                  6. Nuclear Master Captain Hung from the rail
                  7. Rah Jim Rockford Alive
                  8. Theben Billionaire Industrialist Alive
                  9. Joncha Pimp Daddy Hung from the rail
                  10. GJRamsey Purser Alive
                  11. Spaced Cowboy Columbo Alive
                  12. Kassi Miss Marple Alive
                  13. Tuberski Ricardo Tubbs Alive
                  14. Jon Miller Bulldog Drummond Alive
                  15. GhengisFarb Sonny Crockett Stabbed 53 times
                  16. Guynemer Chief Inspector Maigret Alive
                  17. Snowfire Lord Peter Wimsey Stabbed 107 times
                  18. Rasputin er, Rasputin! Handbagged
                  19. HongHu Beautiful heiress Alive
                  20. DrSpike Doctor Watson Handbagged
                  21. Hercules Hercule Poirot Hung from the rail
                  22. Octavian X Earl of Octavian Alive
                  23. Pave Duc de Pavelles Alive
                  24. Geomodder First mate Alive
                  25. Chaunk Charlie Chan Stabbed 63 times
                  26. Jonny Secret Agent Alive

Comment

You fools! If we don't get him now, ADG will kill all of us! White Horse is cockney rhyming slang for Inspector Morse!

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Do you have other clues for ADG then the slang thing?
                      He who knows others is wise.
                      He who knows himself is enlightened.
                      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• All these detectives yet still the murders continue.

Comment

• They're on holiday! Leave them alone.

Comment

• Googling I found this tidbit:
                            "My comment: As for white horse as medicine, there is or was a whisky by that name. which is probably more effective. To this discussion, Ron Bracewell adds this scholarly note: "Who was Eric the Green?" Answer: a Norse of a different color". This is a cockney joke, with a silent h in horse."

Who here is a norseman*?

*- There were other things, such as White Horse being a cricket term, so take this for what it's worth.
                            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

• Iss where Bush lives innit?

Er, Tehben, that's worth precisely bugger all. It amused me though.

Comment

• Well then, I'll have to vote for everyone else, just to be safe.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X