X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll let you live. Oh wait! I didn't mean to say that

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
      Ok let's say that I know I will be very likely to be killed by the mafia by posting that, but I still bravely pointed him out. You know why? Because my blood is still young and hot, unlike some of your old detectives, who forgets quick and can't live without alcohol.
      You know what they say about old, brave soldiers?
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

There are none?

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Code:
          mafia
          Name Voted for
          1. Skanky Guynemer
          2. Jamski Guynemer
          3. ADG Zopperoni
          4. Zopperoni Zopperoni
          6. Nuclear Master Zopperoni
          7. Rah Zopperoni
          8. Theben Zopperoni
          10. GJRamsey Zopperoni
          11. Spaced Cowboy Zopperoni
          12. Kassiopeia Zopperoni
          13. Tuberski* -
          14. Jon Miller Guynemer
          16. Guynemer Zopperoni
          19. HongHu Skanky
          22. Octavian X Zopperoni
          23. Pave rah
          24. Geomodder Zopperoni
          25. Chaunk Skanky
          26. Jonny Zopperoni
          Only Tubbs didn't vote that round. Or did he vote for rah?

Next chapter imminent.

Comment

His vote came after the last round ended. I'm pretty sure it was meant for this round.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Chapter Five – Not waving, but drowning

After another terrible murder, the remaining passengers and crew aboard the Apolyton gathered in the dining room to hear the results of the voting from the Captain. Many people gave meaningful stares in the direction of the deck hand Zopperoni al-Collina, but Inspecteur Maigret and Jim Rockford were not above suspicion either. Block voting was already common, and several cliques had been established, but this made little odds this time as everyone rushed to pin the blame on the unfortunate deck hand Zopperoni al-Collina.
              He was amazed that they could have all suspected him of the gruesome murders, and started to protest that he had too much work to do to be put to death: “but I’ve just got one more thing to……”. Despite the protection offered by his fez, silence came in the form of a brown handbag that matched the shoes of its wielder, and the crowd closed in to finish him off. Geomodder was most put out when the Captain made him dispose of the body of his deck hand, and more so when he realised that he would have to take all of Zopperoni’s duties until they arrived in Luxor. Perhaps he had not voted in the wisest manner possible after all….

The passengers settled down again, relieved that their ordeal at the hands of the wicked Zopperoni had come to an end. Theben strolled around the deck with Miss Marple, whistling cheerfully and even going so far as to listen to a couple of her tedious stories. Bulldog Drummond took his place between Jim Rockford and the Duc de Pavelles on the sundeck, deckchairs strategically turned towards the washerwomen on the bank. Columbo and Derrick watched HongHu play the Earl of Octavian and Inspector Morse at Ugly, although she gave it a Chinese name they didn’t understand so that they wouldn’t take offence. HongHu began to think that if her parents were going to marry her off to an old man back in China, then she could do worse that to marry Mr Wallingford, a decidedly rich old man. But then, looking at Mr Wallingford, this foolish notion quickly left her, and she concentrated on thrashing the two Europeans at cards. Before dinner, everybody returned to their cabins to get some rest and to prepare for dinner, and Geomodder to apply some plasters to the blisters he had developed doing Zopperoni’s work. He realised that by proving himself to be resourceful, he might make a good impression with the shipping company, and maybe get a captaincy of his own, but for the time being resourcefulness was proving to be painful.

Discovering that one of the chairs at dinner was empty, the Captain sent the hapless Geomodder to find who was missing. Passing the open door of cabin number 12, he saw Chaunk under his bed, with a utility screwdriver in his mouth. He had 26 cross-shaped holes and 37 straight holes in his chest. Two screws fixed his right index finger to the floor of his cabin, and a napkin from the dining room was wedged into his mouth so that none of the other passengers could have heard him scream. This new murder shocked those aboard, as they had been so glad that the threat of Zopperoni had been eliminated and were not suspecting that they might not have caught the evil mafia. They repaired to Skanky’s bar to mull over the events, and to drown their despair with more booze and expensive tobacco from the Captain’s own private store. The remaining crew members were most grateful that the Captain had allowed them access to this fabled stash, and puffed away merrily on the ship’s hookah.
              Inspector Maigret was sitting on a bar stool enjoying a pastis before his delayed dinner when he noticed a card on the bar. He went to return it to HongHu, who told him that it was not from one of her decks, and it didn’t look like it was from the ship. Looking at it more closely, it bore a picture of what looked like a small ugly man sitting atop a pile of gold. He scratched his head and passed this oddity around the other detectives for inspection.
              After dinner, the Captain announced that another vote would have to take place before breakfast the following morning, and that he advised them all to get a good night’s sleep to clear their heads and let them concentrate on the clues.

Comment

Code:
                mafia
                Name Job Status
                1. Skanky Burns Barman Alive
                2. Jamski Oberinspektor Derrick Alive
                3. ADG Inspector Morse Alive
                4. Zopperoni Deck hand Handbagged
                5. Ljcvetko Sherlock Holmes Handbagged
                6. Nuclear Master Captain Alive
                7. Rah Jim Rockford Alive
                8. Theben Billionaire Industrialist Alive
                9. Joncha Pimp Daddy Hung from the rail
                10. GJRamsey Purser Alive
                11. Spaced Cowboy Columbo Alive
                12. Kassi Miss Marple Alive
                13. Tuberski Ricardo Tubbs Alive
                14. Jon Miller Bulldog Drummond Alive
                15. GhengisFarb Sonny Crockett Stabbed 53 times
                16. Guynemer Chief Inspector Maigret Alive
                17. Snowfire Lord Peter Wimsey Stabbed 107 times
                18. Rasputin er, Rasputin! Handbagged
                19. HongHu Beautiful heiress Alive
                20. DrSpike Doctor Watson Tossed overboard
                21. Hercules Hercule Poirot Hung from the ship's rail
                22. Octavian X Earl of Octavian Alive
                23. Pave Duc de Pavelles Alive
                24. Geomodder First mate Alive
                25. Chaunk Charlie Chan Stabbed 63 times
                26. Jonny Secret Agent Alive

Comment

...cabin number 12, he saw Chaunk under his bed, with a utility screwdriver in his mouth. He had 26 cross-shaped holes and 37 straight holes...
                  12+26 is 37 +1

I rest my case.
                  ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Is Skanky still alive?

Comment

The small man on a pile of gold is a leprechaun - from Irish folklore...

Who's Irish and still alive? No one

Ok, let's vote for ADG since he has the highest statistical chance of being the killer, based on past history

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Oh, this is fun! Do-de-do! Nice work all you master detectives. I may go and join the police, because the promotion prospects appear to be excellent.

Comment

Avenge my death!

Please?
                          Play hangman.

Comment

I only hope we got the railhanger.
                            Damn, I thought Zopperoni was the one for the numbers.
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Guynemer just happened to notice an additional clue sitting there on the table? Highly suspicious.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

It was on the bar, not the table.
                                Sorry, I was having a diabetic "spell" when I wrote the latest chapter this morning, and made some blunders (like not putting "that the murderer had left for him to find" after that clue), but didn't want to go back and edit the text because then you'd all accuse me of cheating. Not that you're doing that well with the clues anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X