Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
    EDIT: On your request, Kody.

So be it. As a personal favor to you I shall pledge Truce with Deacon Frankychan.
    Be warned that I shall not long tolerate collaboration with
    my mortal enemy, the Slow-playing Lady HongHu!
    Mood change from Solicitous to Quarrelsome
    It happens rarely, but you did succeed to bring a smile on my face, Enigma. Not surprisingly it was an attacking kind of thing too. But somehow I'm not so mad at you and planing to beeline to MMI immediately any more.

And I'm really impressed with Kody's vocabulary. You never fail to surprise me Kody.

Oh and just so that Enigma do not go insane. Yesterday it rained so hard. Strong winds blasted horrizontally, loud thunders and bright lightnings sliced the sky every two minutes. Do you have a point you say? Yes, the electricity was out. Hubby went to a friend's house to watch his can'tmiss NBA game, and the kids and I snuggled in a big bed. We had fun and the seven factions stayed in another world.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Looks like I missed all the fun here this afternoon.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
        And I'm really impressed with Kody's vocabulary. You never fail to surprise me Kody.
        #include "bigwords.h"
        #include EDIT:BRACKETiostreamEDIT:BRACKET
        int main()
        {
        cout << bigword.random() << bigword.random() << bigword.random() << endl;
        return 0;
        }

Strong winds blasted horrizontally, loud thunders and bright lightnings sliced the sky every two minutes.
        Well, if you had strong vertical winds, quiet thunder and dim lightning I'd be a bit worried about the climate change! ^_^

We had fun and the seven factions stayed in another world.
        Turn to GeoModder.
        Turn to GeoModder?
        Oh right, we're in a whole different imaginary world.
        Mental note: Escape HongHu's imagination. Find someone who pays attention to their imaginary friends a bit more.

Comment

Don't worry Geo, you're still in time to get a +1 in.
          Speaking of which,
          +2!

Comment

You got me for a sec. Almost thought I missed a 'turn sent' declaration and saw me performing in your next comic...
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova

#include "bigwords.h"
              #include EDIT:BRACKETiostreamEDIT:BRACKET
              int main()
              {
              cout << bigword.random() << bigword.random() << bigword.random() << endl;
              return 0;
              }
              Hmmm. Nope. Not as surprising as Kody.

Well, if you had strong vertical winds, quiet thunder and dim lightning I'd be a bit worried about the climate change! ^_^
              Love your smiling face. Hope to see it often.

Turn to GeoModder.
              Turn to GeoModder?
              Oh right, we're in a whole different imaginary world.
              Mental note: Escape HongHu's imagination. Find someone who pays attention to their imaginary friends a bit more.
              Turn to GeoModder.

Sorry, just kidding. Got to go home first. Promise I'll pay a bit more attention to the imaginary friends in the never never land after I go home.

Hey listen, a quiet thunder.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Darn it, you got me for 2 secs HongHu!!
                Daytime working really screws up my shrewdness...
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Geo.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Turn sent.

Yeah this time for real.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• /me rushes to beat Geomodder to the post

Turn --> Jamski

Comment

• Security Rating Confidential

UN Strategic Planning Council Meeting.

Minute 1604/my2112

Brother Lal called the meeting to order. It was long overdue, this first strategic planning meeting of the democratically elected representatives of the first new UN Peace colony on Chiron. In truth it had actually been organised by Brother Hercules (Head of Strategic Planning and UN Ambassador/Commissioner).

Brother Lal had earned his reputation as a skillful parliamentarian and was not unacquainted with the deft art of political manoeuvering but planning and organising meetings just seemed beyond him. He kind of assumed people would just turn up.

In the time since landing, the colonists had set about doing what they loved second of all (Ok well third of all): discussions and meetings. Over the period of weeks they had established departments for various functions and anticipated functions and had then elected from amongst their number their heads of department. In turn the elected heads had chosen their Chairperson and general secretary.

The heads of department for the first term - with a balance struck between gender, age, orientation, belief and experience - were now gathered to deliver progress reports.

There was:
                        Sister Rabbitson (Head of Human rights and Social Welfare)
                        Brother Dweistein (Head of Research)
                        Sister Cooke (Head of Exploration)
                        Brother Vacuum (Head of Intelligence)
                        Sister Angelica (Head of Peacekeeping Military Production)
                        Sister Kate Forne (Head of Population Growth and family planning)
                        Brother Coffee (Head of Non Military Production)
                        And of course Brother Hercules and Brother Lal (also Head of Surgery).

Sister Rabbitson reported everybody seemed happy and content and sister Forne thought she knew why. She was bursting to make an announcement but had to be content with an update on the building of the new colony pod.

Sister Cooke opened onto the table, maps of the area of planet explored so far and showing the strange pockets of resources they had found and the variability in terrain. Most peculiar, she reported, was the hard crimson mass of tubular shoots which grew in huge heaped tangles. The exploration team had found it difficult to move through this vegetation. Samples had been collected and passed to Brother Dweistein for analysis.

In light of Sister Kate Forne's, report a sub committee was set up to identify best site for the new Peacekeeper base.
                        Brother Vacuum had nothing to report but did mention the dream he had about a soldier of Santiago, with a large weapon, entering the inner Gaian sanctum.

'No wonder we have a population explosion' commented Sister Forne.

Sister Anglica was in the process of telling of her team's encounter with a strange life form but Brother Coffee could no longer contain himself interrupted and ushered everyone downstairs to marvel at his unit's wonderful new creation.

They couldn't decide what to call it: The Land changer, The mobile earth enhancing device. The former shouted the brothers and sisters and so by dint of accidental democracy, former it was so named.

By now it was time for a refreshment break and so the first council meeting broke up. Oh well thought Brother Hercules at least we decided on some issues.
                        Last edited by Hercules; June 2, 2004, 00:07.
                        On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

• ...a soldier of Santiago, with a large weapon, entering the inner Gaian sanctum.

/me covers HongHu's eyes again*

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• No turn recieved please resend.

Comment

• Huh? What happened? Have I been dreaming?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• No turn recieved, going to be a bit busy tomorrow so won't be able to play the turn until about 18 hours from now... guessing.

Comment

Working...
                                X