No announcement yet.

Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So will you be playing the turn quickly from now on, Franky?

Comment

Turn 2112 to Princess Honghu
      On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Yeehaa!!
        He who knows others is wise.
        He who knows himself is enlightened.
        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

This was pure luck and extremely good timing.
          Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
          Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
          *****Citizen of the Hive****
          "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Turn sent a while ago.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Bump

Comment

Check your inbox, Enigma. Turn sent half an hour ago.
                -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                  Geo: Can I have your password, so I can press END TURN and play on as the University?
                  O, btw: noneofyourrantingbusiness

Like it?
                  Last edited by GeoModder; May 28, 2004, 13:37.
                  -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

“What is it?” Lady Hong walked to the side of James. A dozen Gaians girls and boys stood in awe, looking at something twenty feet away. It was an orange colored creature, shaped like many tiny squirming worms huddled together into a knot. The mindworms … The planet’s native life that she’s been waiting for a long time … HongHu stood quietly, watching the writhing mindworms. James’ voices appeared to be muffled and far away. “… We found it this morning. It must have come out from that little patch of fungas. Nobody dares to touch it. It seems to have some kind of powers to influence ones mind. This is the closest distance we can approach it without feeling any kind of strange pressure.” HongHu closed her eyes. She seemed to feel some kind of a humming sound, feeble and broken. Slowly, she opened her eyes and walked toward the mindworm. The hissing became stronger, pressing into her mind.

Lady Hong sat down one foot away from the mindworm, placing her right foot on her left thigh and the left foot on her right thigh. Her two hands were in front of her chest forming an orchid style, with her palms open and facing forward, the five fingers of the right hand extended upward, and the other five fingers pointing down. James let out a smile. He hadn’t seen HongHu practising this ever since the planet fall. It should be a good start for her …

HongHu’s thought strayed away for a second, remembering the person who taught her this pose. She felt a sharp stab of pain in her heart. She suddenly couldn’t breathe. The hissing rose to an unbearable high pitch, and the world started to spin. James put a hand on a girl who uttered a half cry, stopping her from running to Lady Hong when her body gave out a slight tip to the side.

She knew this is not the time to think about anything. Lady Hong closed her eyes again and dropped all thoughts in her mind, freeing herself into a state of translucence. Her long black hair started to flow lightly in the air as if there was a breeze surrounding her. Her mind joined the humming song of the mindworm, lifting upward toward the sky. James and others watched unbelievingly, as the mindworm slowly rose up to above HongHu’s head. It began to fly, rotating around her faster and faster, until twenty minutes later, when it descended back into the small patch of red fungas.

Lady Hong walked back to the crowd. Her body exhausted, but ecstatic. “It’s friendly.” She said. It was still a little baby, perhaps just hatched not too long ago. “Keep an eye on that fungas field. There might be more mindworms in there.”
                    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

30% Psych did the trick.
                      My base was saved from riots, and a colony pod is on the way!
                      Scout patrols are uncovering excellent base locations.

This map would always end in bloodshed.
                      I'm just waiting on Kody to send his units in.

Comment

2112 to Kody.

The immigant problem has been solved, and Jamski Industries will shortly issue 50% more stock - the immigrants will have a chance to buy-in to JI and become full citizens. The stock held by current citizens will hold its value, due to the 50% increase in profits expected. This new wave of financing will enable JI to continue to expand and grow - the more customers we have, the richer our stockholders will be, so we expect a wide raft of support for the new share-issues and diversification programms planned....

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

2112 to FRANKYCHAN!

Kody has a theory that he won't play the turn otherwise...

Probably he looks at "last poster" though, so he needs Kody to post it himself.

I can but obey the commands I am given *shrugs*

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Does Franky work in the weekends?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

My guess is that Franky doesn't have internet access on weekends, jobs from 6:00 pm to 12:00 pm, and class from 9:00am to 5:00pm.

Since you can't expect him to spend only one hour playing the turn, he'll need to forego sleep to play the turn.
                              "And damn it, getting sleep for my job is more important than this PBEM."

In short, once Franky has the turn, this game is Frozen.

Comment

I have some bad news guys...

....my internet connection at home is pretty much messed up. I'm typing on a computer at work as I speak (just in case you were wondering). I used the school's modem at my home to get access to the internet, but it looks like I can't do that anymore. With that said, I don't think I can access the turn anymore.

But...yeah. Because I can't download the turn onto my comp, I basically cannot play anymore. I'm really sorry that its come to this, but you've all been really cool. It kind of pisses me off, but I guess that's just how things go.

Sorry Jamski, Enigma_Nova, HongHu, Kody, and Hercules for basically ruining the PBEM this way.

Hopefully you guys can find a replacement for me. I'll check up every once in a while at work to see how things are going, but that's it.

Once again, my apologies. I regretfully have to pull out of the PBEM and hopefully things will run more smoothly with my absence.
                                Despot-(1a) : a ruler with absolute power and authority (1b) : a person exercising power tyrannically
                                Beyond Alpha Centauri-Witness the glory of Sheng-ji Yang
                                *****Citizen of the Hive****
                                "...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Comment

Working...
                                X