Heart of Fire Tracking Thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
    Very well. I'll get one shot at this and one shot only.

-garrisons Colony Pod in University Base-

If that pod can stand against the mindworm, I'll survive. If it cannot, I'm sunk.
    Personally I don't like my odds, so a resignation was in order. If it means so much to you, I'll play on and prove I can't recover from this.
    There you go Enigma.

Listen, I don't want you to prove you can't recover, I want you to prove you can. But after your little test if you still decide it's smarter not to fight the odds, I sure will not drag you along an aggravating road.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Now to illustrate the cowardice of a parthian shot.
      I have called people slow, I have called people dimwitted, but never have I called someone emotionallly retarded.
      I won't win the fight against the mindworms, but my issue here is no longer with the mindworms.
      Enigma, nobody's calling anybody emotionally retarded. Please don't get offended by their teasing.

p.s. If you are offended by some of my words, I will change them.
      Last edited by Snowflake; June 8, 2004, 17:39.
      Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• Am I to assume then that EN is a fighter after all. Good on you boy

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
          Ah... you're quitting? Why the hell?
          Let me spell it out for you.

Why I'm screwed:
          There are 2 mindworms within range of my second base,
          and 1 mindworm in range of my first.
          Unless I hit the 2 mindworms first, they'll steamroll my second base.
          Even if I do, I'll need a garrison against mindworms in University Base.
          The only surefire option is to take the colony pod from my second base and retool for scout patrol, but the sheer turn loss that would entail is enormous.

Those two formers took me years of early production time. None of you has undergone any similar loss, so I'm at a disadvantage already.
          Combine this with the Kody/HongHu alliance working its way up the power charts, and my bases right next door, then what kind of a situation do I have?

If that wasn't enough, the formers didn't -disappear-, they were victims to 3 mindworms. That's enough to take out a base, and seeing as I only have two bases, I'm pretty screwed.
          Hopefully this illustrates my predicament.
          ------
          I've continued PBEMs after losing one of the starting 2 colony pods. Now THAT is worth complaining about.
          I -am- losing one of my two colony pods.
          If you'd have even looked at my situation, which you did not, you would see the problem.

Now stop whinging - you lose units sometimes and there's crap all you can do about it.
          And sometimes this leads to a loss of a game.
          If this teaches you something about my view on life, it is:
          Win the battles you can, and don't waste resources on what you cannot.
          The way I see it, I cannot stop Kody from winning this PBEM, so I won't bother trying.

For one, he's got an alliance and an army.
          For two, it's a matter of honour that I let the faster turnplayer win.
          For three, he hasn't been chewed up by freakin' mindworms.
          Do you think you could pull a win out of that backwards situation?
          I didn't think so.

Dictating my obligations is not your position,
          it is quite naive to think that it is.
          Making parthian shots at the mindworm victim is now THE lowest insult in the thread, better than anything I've made.

If you were in the same position you'd whinge too, James.
          It's good that you're venting frustration against me, but say it to my face instead of hiding behind that resignation.

Next time plant a sensor near your formers so worms won't spawn there, or take the chance like I do.
          2 mindworms don't spawn.

You bloody well play your turn properly and post it on to me like a man.
          Is that so, James?
          What the **** makes you think I have to adhere to your notions of honour?
          In my opinion, I have no such obligation.
          You see me as a child for weak-willedness?
          This isn't weak-willedness. This is foresight.
          Me refraining from flaming you straight into the ground is a sign of my willpower.

Tell me why I should waste however many weeks of my life waiting for defeat to reach me?
          Why don't I start another friggin' PBEM and enjoy that one more than the current one?
          Or better yet, why don't I quit this PBEM altogether and go do something that I enjoy more than being flamed by a man who wouldn't know honour if it bit him in the ass?

If I'm playing for fun, and it wasn't fun -before- the flaming incident, then how do you think it feels now?
          If you were aiming to get me to play, you've done it quite immaturely.
          Mind you, it worked - this is the only way I can prove that I'm screwed.

Pah - running off to quit as soon as the slightest upset comes along.
          The first upset would be Kody finding my HQ and aiming rovers for it.
          The second upset would be the 30% psych I had to allocate to stop drone riots.
          The third upset would be Kody having the first pop growth and alliance.
          I've tolerated quite enough error.

God knows how you can cope with real life
          Fight when you can win and when you can't win don't be an idiot.
          My motive for playing on the turn is no longer to win the game, but to prove my situation to you,
          and to gve me a reason to shout you down.

Get back in there, you wimp
          It's funny.
          The man who's too weak-willed to keep me off his ignore list is calling -me- a wimp?
          What do you think impairs you more in life:
          Not desiring to see your plans fall down in flames (boils),
          or being unable to talk things through with people?

Exactly. Jamski's just making up for his own vulnerabilities.

[/scorn and derision] - Jam
          [/observation] - Enigma

Comment

• Its seems he is a fighter My gadfly words have stung the horse to gallop!

2115-->Kody.

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
              You have formers,
              Not any more.
              You could easily produce a scout to guard your bases.
              Nope.
              What is a couple years set back when you think about 200 years in the future?
              Exponential compound growth.

Originally posted by Jamski
              If he does want to run off like a coward, then he should at least self-destruct his bases and send on the save.
              The file I sent can be easily opened, because it's a resign-save. It does not prompt for a password, and you can force an end-turn.
              You'll notice that I don't have the scout patrols around to obliterate my bases?
              (Part of the reason I'm in the ****)

Kody:
              PM

Geo:
              I figured that the RESIGN option in the game menu was for a reason. When I noticed my turn was openable without a password (after resigning), I figured you could play on it yourselves.
              Clicking the end turn toolbar will advance the turn.

Originally posted by Kody
              I think Enigma among others here considers his games important, so that means it would be a good idea to give him some oppourtunity to retract his resignation.
              I consider my victory important, but when victory is unattainable I lose point of conflict.

Originally posted by Geo
              As HongHu stated before, if he's allowed to replay his turn, the outcome will almost for sure be different since he might not even encounter those mindworms again.
              The Aliens' turn happens straight after Hercules' turn, so the formers are still in the crap.

Originally posted by HongHu
              When you are young you are allowed to get frustrated over little things ok?
              Hard to call this a 'little thing' from my perspective, HongHu.
              I do take competition seriously, you know.

Originally posted by Jamski
              Am I to assume then that EN is a fighter after all. Good on you boy
              PMs everybody

Comment

• Oh my, Enigma. Try think it this way. Why do Jamski and me and others want you to come back? What would we gain by your coming back versas your quitting the game? Then you'll see that people are trying to be your friend, not your enemy.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Hard to call this a 'little thing' from my perspective, HongHu.
                  I do take competition seriously, you know.
                  I apologize for this. It is good that one takes competition seriously. Granted there are more things that are bigger than a competition, but it still doesn't mean that a game that everybody spends countless hours on is worthless.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

• I just realised there was a MUCH better thing I could do with my turn.

I'm sending my -improved- turn over to Jamski.
                    It's his option if he re-plays on it.
                    The moves I've made in my re-re-turn will enable me to defeat the mindworms outright.

Comment

• Originally posted by HongHu
                      Oh my, Enigma. Try think it this way. Why do Jamski and me and others want you to come back? What would we gain by your coming back versas your quitting the game? Then you'll see that people are trying to be your friend, not your enemy.
                      Then wait. Jamski will play on my improved turn, and I'll become a force that can once again 0wnz0r all j00.

Hmmm...
                      /me wonders if these MWs were just Karma for all the smack talk I was dishing out

Nah, those MWs will be PWND!11!11!!!1.
                      I'm not in a position to win the game now, unless Kody/HongHu aren't intending to kick my butt right away.

One last thing:
                      In the VOICES folder of SMAC, there's a file entitled Fac32.mp3
                      Play it.

Comment

• New 2115--> Kody as requested.

-Jam

Comment

• Those MWs better bleed ECs for this!
                          The 40ECs from the MWs (killed another one in fungus) and the disbanded SPatrol won't make up for 2 Formers, but it's definately a start.

Plus, I can troll fungus for MWs, can't I? My Economy shall recover.

Comment

Geo:
                            I figured that the RESIGN option in the game menu was for a reason. When I noticed my turn was openable without a password (after resigning), I figured you could play on it yourselves.
                            Clicking the end turn toolbar will advance the turn.
                            I could have, if I knew for sure you were quitting. Besides, as already stated, the thing to do then was sending it to the CMN.

Originally posted by Enigma_Nova
                            The Aliens' turn happens straight after Hercules' turn, so the formers are still in the crap.
                            My error.
                            He who knows others is wise.
                            He who knows himself is enlightened.
                            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Enigma:
                              That's quite a drop in the power graph, I guess you weren't kidding.

If you're worried about me attacking you instantly, I'll probably be willing to sign some agreement that gives you time to rebuild for a number of years. Although I may regret it later, I won't compond your bad luck.

Give me my turn 2116 to think about the PM.

Comment

• Turn sent to ChaosTheory

Comment

Working...
                                X