Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

idea pertaining to newbs and games (Mafia)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe in the new game the mafia can change killing styles (only one mafia any way) but he has to leave some kind of a clue, like a card with an arrow in a heart or something as his signature.
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

that would be a good way to differentiate it from mafia

Comment

Ok, guess it's time to end this. How about everyone digest the options and near the end of the current game a possible decision can be made.

Edit: Alright, Cheiftan type person thing........ uhhh..... yeah.
        Why are you wasting your time at 'poly? You should be out alongside Supercitizen, fighting the good fight! -duke o' york

Comment

As I have suggested before, you can use the same story for 2 games, maybe a couple of small changes would be needed but not many.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

By that time both Trokair and Anita may not be newbies any more and I wonder if we will be able find any more newbies.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

It doesn't have to be strictly newbies, as it will be a rather dull game with only two players. The game can be used to soak up excess players from the other one, so that everyone who wants to play the games can in one or the other.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

9999 posts huh?

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Its about bloody time, eh?

Well, since I will be running another Mafia game some time in the future, I will be doing my normal rules. First come, first served, and t'devil take the hindmost.

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I think that having two games at the same time would be better for everyone. It sounds like the game is getting too crowded and people who want to play aren't getting the chance to. This will give everyone a better chance of getting into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                      By that time both Trokair and Anita may not be newbies any more and I wonder if we will be able find any more newbies.
                      At the going rate, we'll have a new player everyday.

Comment

Either that, or allow people who missed out on the last game to get priority for the next one.

You know, there's only two people that have played in every game of the 19 so far, because there's always been more people interested than there are places.

Next game I run, which may be Mafia XX - the next game, I will be allowing anyone to play as usual, new or old. You have to start somewhere.

My only concern is about people who sign up and then don't participate, but there are many regulars who are pretty guilty of that.

Anita, Trokair, you asked first, as did Alva and Drogue. You get the first 4 slots in the next game, I reckon, as long as you can hang around untill the current mafia are caught.

Nice to see new people, I always think. Certainly its nice to meet new people who are markedly more polite than some of the folks who've been here a few years

-Jam
                        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

Thanx Jam, or Trok, whoever you may be

Comment

Would you be so kind to point me to mafia 12 Jamski.

Comment

Its invisible.

-Jam

Comment

I see no reason why a settler couldn't join the main mafia game. But then again 2 games at around 16-20 each would be nice.
                                I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                                I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                                X