E3 - Anything interesting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E3 - Anything interesting?

I briefly glanced over Gamespot's summary of the games for the PC at E3. I can't say that much stood out for me. Anybody see something at E3 that made them go "wow"? What are you waiting for in the upcoming year?

Discuss.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Those settlers 5 ( is that the right number?) screenshots made me go 'wow'. I don't remember if those where E3 or not, however.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

WBC3 looks good (Warlords Battlecry III), which shipped today in the US.

We have to wait a while here, but its good to see that many things will remain unchanged from the second installment.

Yippee!

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The new Axis & Allies looked interesting, but the changes they're implementing could spell doom for what is otherwise a classic game that doesn't need much help. RTS battles aren't particularly necessary. But man, it looks nice.

There isn't much in terms of TBS games, unless you count Fantasy ones, which don't interest me.
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Pirates! 2004...Yaaay!!!
          Monkey!!!

Comment

How about Rome: Total War?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
              How about Rome: Total War?
              And here's some of the E3 trailer:

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Or... hows about Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War?

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Hmm, neither of those are my cup of tea, but they look nice.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

KOTOR II sounded really nice.

I also want to see more about the Nintendo DS and Playstation Portable.
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

These are my two games that I actually will *buy* this year

WarhammeroW and Rome:TW

I'm slowly turning into a RTS freak, it seems.

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

for all you total war lovers here is some neat stuff...

the big time commander(tc) videos are a bbc history show which will air on the history channel sometime in july(they were already on the bbc). they use the total war engine to recreate historic battles with military experts discussing various things(tactics, etc). pretty good but i wasn't super impressed as the 2 i've seen(raphia, and guagemela) looked as if the ai was braindead for the enemy force and the battles themselves were fairly boring as in not too many interesting things happening(both battles took place on a large flat plain). overall raphia was the more interesting of the two and it's also comparable video quality while being a much smaller size(169mb to 382mb). i still recommend downloading one to try especially if you are on broadband(hell, i downloaded 2 on 28.8k). they are entertaining but nothing special(however they could be imo if they ai was smarter).

there also a lot of other total war stuff there.
                        Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                          I'm slowly turning into a RTS freak, it seems.
                          Why not becoming a RTT freak then?

/me points to his avatar...
                          He who knows others is wise.
                          He who knows himself is enlightened.
                          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by pg
                            looked as if the ai was braindead for the enemy force
                            But not as braindead as some of the people up against them... I just watched someone send javeline skirmishers against light cavalry.

I think the 'AI' is either specially scripted and given prompts, or is actually controlled by people following a more or less pre-determined game plan to maintain some ounce of historic accuracy. The show I watched had the spartan allied forces just stand there untill they where 'convinced to fight' by the progress of the main spartan forces... and when the spartans all died they just turned around and marched away.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

you all suck.

no one used my e3 thread except for console wars.
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X