No announcement yet.

"alternative" games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neverwinter Nights - a holiday inside the Arctic Circle. Defend yourself against lunatic Finns.

Comment

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Call to Power - The ultimate utility company simulator. Control a nations power and telecommunications grid.

by Maxis of course. Will Wright would be so proud!

Pirates - Attempt to find, crack and release new games before other groups do.

Of course this copies (slightly differently) what was in my original post. Which makes this in fact the wittiest contribution so far - what am I gonna do, sue you? You could always claim "fair use"

Fallout - Improve your cubby-house's safety by installing rails, non-slip carpet or perhaps safety nets below. Can you stop people falling out of the cubby house?

Elite - 533 if j00 c4n b t3h b357 h4x0r 0n t3h b10c|<
      (see if you can be the best hacker on the block)

1111! Pawned!!! How about a Myst style puzzle game in which you simply have to decipher l337 speak. That would be as challenging, and as unpleasant, as the original Myst.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Day of the Tentacle - A game in which you play an anime publishing house.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hearts of Iron: Be an evil scientist! Make killer robots! Do not get caught! Conquer the world!

Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Hearts of Iron: Get those clothes pressed in record time! With new Playstation-iron link-up cable.

Comment

Of course this copies (slightly differently) what was in my original post. Which makes this in fact the wittiest contribution so far - what am I gonna do, sue you? You could always claim "fair use"

The irony is delicious.
              Of course, my idea is the polar opposite of yours. I did remember you posting the game so checked to make sure I wan't merely duplicating yours. Besides, the original idea has been "abandoned" by its owner, so is now public domain.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

NBA Jam - Swap PB&J recipies with your favorite pro athelets
                Why are you wasting your time at 'poly? You should be out alongside Supercitizen, fighting the good fight! -duke o' york

Comment

Sensible Soccer - The players are all wrapped up nice and warm, with thick scarves, and aren't allowed to run around too much or play too roughly in case they hurt themselves.

Comment

Grand Theft Auto - The game logs automatically into your bank account and transfers $1,000 to a numbered Swiss acount belonging to the programmers.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Final Fantasy - A game based on Friends which keeps producing sequels even though the programmers say each one will be the last.
                      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

Of course this copies (slightly differently) what was in my original post. Which makes this in fact the wittiest contribution so far
                        Don't give Skanky too much credit for his usual Skimsying.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                          Neverwinter Nights - a holiday inside the Arctic Circle. Defend yourself against lunatic Finns.
                          Remember the movie "White Nights" about a Russian emigre dancer who gets caught back in the USSR through a plane crash and is exiled to the Arctic? With the implicit play on "white knights" and the racial elements (his handler is a black American tap dancer who left America during Viet Nam and is married to a Russian woman). Wouldnt White Knights be a more "obvious" title for a medieval fantasy RPG than Never Winter Nights? (of course the name "Neverwinter" is from the preexisting DnD Forgotten Realms World)
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Civilisation(sic) - an educational game based on the Kenneth Clarke series.

Comment

Pools of radiance - yet another x-pack for "The Sims"

Comment

Pac-Man: Having been bitten by a radioactive rapper by the name of Tupac you aquire super human abilities to make money long after you die... Manage your career from the afterlife.

Master of Magic: You are an antibody fighting off HIV within the body of Magic Johnson.

Myst: Your job, if you chose to accept it, is to keep the nude models glistening wet. Don't let the hotties dry out, or you will be forced to work as jizmop!
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X