T&P corrupted texture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T&P corrupted texture?

All of a sudden I got this error message (my Win XP SP 1 is in Portuguese, I'll try to translate it the best I can):

Windows - File Corrupted

The file or directory C:\ Documents and Settings\Filipe(that's me!)\Application Data\Microsoft Games\Rise of Nations\textures is damaged and unreadable. Execute Chkdsk.
    Why did this happen?
    Must I reinstall T&P or start over from the first RoN itself for a full reinstall?
    Isn't CheckDisk removed from Windows XP?
    Yes, I have the professional version!

Some more details:
    This error message pops up from the systray in a Tooltip. The game continues to load, and when I start a game it quits and gather an exception to send to Microsoft.
    "BANANA POWAAAAH!!! (exclamation Zopperoni style)" - Mercator, in the OT 'What fruit are you?' thread
    Join the Civ2 Democratic Game! We have a banana option in every poll just for you to vote for!
    Many thanks to Zealot for wasting his time on the jobs section at Gamasutra - MarkG in the article SMAC2 IN FULL 3D? http://apolyton.net/misc/
    Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Working...
X