Other Empath Guild Options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Empath Guild Options

Heres a multi Choice Poll for other options conserning the Empath Guild.

Cost Changes, from the normal 20 could be incresse cost to 30 rows. Thats the same as

Citizens Defence Force, Virtualy World, Planetary Transit System, XenoEmpathyDome, Nural Amplifier, Maritime Control Center, Planetary Datalinks, SuperColider, Astetic Virtues, Longevity Vaccine and Hunter Seeker, Cloud Base Acadamy and Planetary Energy Grid.

Or to 40 rows which equals

Pholus Mutagen, Cyborg Factory, Theory of Everything, Dream Twister, Universal Translator, Network Backbone, Nano Factory, Living Refinery.

Aditionaly should Centauri Meditation win on the other Poll, should the Xeno Empathy Dome be moved to Centauri Empathy so that Meditiation has only 1 Project under it. This will come into play only if that project wins the other poll and anyone can vote on it here regardless of the previous poll choices.
    Keep Cost at 20 Rows
    18.75%
    Incresse Cost to 30 Rows
    6.25%
    Incresse Cost to 40 Rows
    15.63%
    Change Cost to 84620733 Rows of Xeno Bannanna
    18.75%
    If moved to Centauri Meditation keep XenoDome unchanged
    9.38%
    If moved to Meditation move XenoDome to Centauri Empaty
    18.75%
    Move the XenoDome to Centauri Xeno Banannas
    12.50%

The poll is expired.

Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

I thought we weren't going to mod the hell out of the game.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I'm am like Maniac simply trying to see some of the games most agreesies errors (in the case of Empath guilds something that we had to cut completly out last game) corrected. I would hardly consider that Moding the Hell out of the game (too see that have a look at my IMPACX mod). If your against moding then vote to Enable the Empath Guild at Centauri Empathy as thats how it comes in the unaltered Alphax.

Its a Democracy game, let the people deside I say.
      Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

SB:

Most PBEMs that are set up by CMN's now have the Empath Guild disabled from the beginning. - as it was in this current game. Statistics show that 84% of the time the faction that gets the EG wins the game (I just made that up).

Seriously, though, it is an overpowering SP as it not only gives immediate infiltration on everyone but also lets that faction contact everyone else on a 1 to 1 basis while giving that faction "a leg up" towards governorship, the only other way to infiltrate everyone without probes

Giving it to an AI faction is worse - they call elections first turn, then everyone has everyone else's commnlink so one of the great subtleties of the game is removed - exploring, contacting, exchanging (or not) others' commlink frequencies, and so on.

Impaler is trying to get concensus towards moving the EG lower in the tech tree (when automatic infiltration will be less of an issue) or increasing the cost so that some real choices have to be made before embarking on it.

I'd go even further (if we don't remove it or shift it considerable further down the tech tree) and make both it and the Cloudbase Academt prohibitively expensive ( say 90 rows) so that a faction could go for them but would be seriosly impoverished in terms of crawler upgrade costs or build lock-up to complete

At 90, they'd be half as expensive again as The Singularity Inductor, The Bulk Matter Transmitter and The Telepathic Matrix (which aren't so difficult to complete 'cos by then you're rolling in credits and minerals and can upgrade to huge armor better reactor drop crawlers where it might take just 3 to build one of these.

G.

Comment

Leave it the same.

If its so good, then its worth fighting for.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

If it doesn't require everybody edit their alpha.txt then I'm all for it. Otherwise I'm against it.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I am afraid this will require Alphax editing. But disruption of other PBEM games can be minimized if the Turn players simply create a second directory that holds a copy of SMACX and puts the modified Alphax into it. Then they drop the saves into that directory and create a second Desktop Icon for "ACDG" and use this when they play the game. It wont be very hard. Also so far all of our changes pertain to Secret Projects and Chopper movment so for most of the game their will be no differnce. We can easily police the construction of Projects. Someone loading the game under higher chopper movment Alpha might be trickier though.

If only they had designed the Multiplayer such that a saved game took its alpha with it in a read only state, then things would be so much simpler.

Comment

Someone loading the game under higher chopper movment Alpha might be trickier though.
                This is almost sure to happen, perhaps even accidentally.

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Voted both Xeno since I voted to disable in completely the other thread

Comment

/me considers

I still say completely disable, so Xeno for both here.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Guys, this polls effects will only come into play if EG is enabled, you dont need to vote Xeno Bannana simply because you voted for Disabled in the other poll.

Comment

Oh. Well. I would up the cost, but I would need to get involved in some more discussion about this when and if the other poll finishes with a negative result for disabling the EG. Otherwise I just haven't thought about it much yet.
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                        X